IXS Warpship Original Series

Denko666

1 hour ago, bjornadri said:

Dude i am still worried, how are you doing?

Given all that happened, i'm quite well.

And i really really appreciate it when anyone expresses concern. It is wonderful to feel needed. 

As things are going, i'll be working again by February. Even tho it'll be part-time for a start. Right before i had the accident i did the admission test for a position around the corner here. For a job i've been doing more then 10 years. When they heard what happened to me they actually announced they'd wait for me.I'm feeling so so so lucky.

On 8/8/2018 at 3:04 PM, Denko666 said:

sorry guys, i've been seeing more of hospitals and revalidation centers then i have KSP. Latest incident put into an artificial coma for about 5 weeks. For the moment i'm not even capable of doing programming :/ And the often updates to KSP changed the behaviour of just about anything i have built, making testing the IXS produce uncertain results.

OMG!! I had no idea you were in an accident!! I hope you make a full recovery!!

This was a mod I ALWAYS had in my OPM / GPP Stand alone install, and was one of the mods that inspired me to make my Warp Core mod.

I have tested the USI Warp standalone mod with my Warp Core, and all seems well during a quick test.

Well... even though I didn't realize you were out because of injury (thought you were just taking a break) It's really good to see you back.

36 minutes ago, bjornadri said:

What even happened? It sounds scary mate, i am happy you are okay!

Well: in Dec. 2017 i had a gastric bypass because no amount of exercise and diet made me loose enough weight. Because of this volume per meal needs to go down but nr of meals a day goes from 3 to 6. One day in april i got distracted in my workshop (i make rc Submarines and am preparing my first cosplay ) and that made my sugarlevel go too low. by the time i noticed it was too late. I did manage to get to the pantry, but before i could open something to eat i lost consciousness. I was found 3h later shaking and foaming. When i woke up, i was on the couch in the livingroom with an ambulance medic before me. So all this thought me that when i felt my sugar go low, i don't have 1 to 2 hours to get it back up again. Later, in June we went shopping to a mall and were checking out at the register when i felt sugerlevels go to low again. So excused myself and took off to get me something with sugar in it. A couple minutes later i was found in a pool of blood at the bottom of the escalator. I think i probably lost consciousness on the escalator and took a dive. When i woke up i was in a room that looked like a hospital room, but rather big and comfy. To me it felt like i had been out for a couple of hours, my spouse came in a bit later  and told me 5 weeks had passed. I had had 6 hemorrhages, they had to cut open my skull to reach and repair. then had to put me in artificial coma for 10 days. The surgeons gave me 15% survival chance and advised my spouse to start making preparations for me passing. I remember none of any of it of the entire 5 weeks, even though i have been awake at times and people visiting me in the hospital and have conversations with me. The only thing i do remember are very very vivid dreams and they all seemed to have the purpose of drawing me 'to the light'. But every-time i figured out it was a dream (i taught myself lucid dreaming when i was young so i could watch horrormovies without nightmares afterward) the dream abruptly stopped. Until i finally became fed up with those deceptive dreams, and that caused an energy surge that woke me up. after the gastric bypass until june i lost 25kg. Being mostly unconscious in the hospital for a couple weeks i lost another 15kg. Before the surgery i thought 30kg loss would be a grand success. Now it's 40kg, i'm beneath what BMI dictates and no matter what i eat weight doesn't build up. On top of that i needed lighter glasses because my vision got better, and the depression i was still struggling with since one-hell-of-a-burnout in 2010, that is gone... So yeah. It was a dangerous thing that happened, but all in all i'm better of now then i was in the 8 years before it happened. But that is the positive side, being knocked out for so long by 6 brainbleeds also sabotages my short term memory. And had my right side parallised for a while. I'm still seeing a physiotherapist for my right shoulder. Its the short-term memory issue that is keeping me from doing mentally complicated things for an extended time. When my brain gets too tired it forces me to sleep immediately, regardless where i am. But yeah, i do think there's more positive stuff happening then negative. :)  Thanks for asking though. Putting it to words is a big help in dealing with it all. Hopefully i'll recuperate enough to pick up this mod again, and if i get help from someone who's more well-versed in the graphics stuff, i'd certainly get all excited.

7 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

OMG!! I had no idea you were in an accident!! I hope you make a full recovery!!

This was a mod I ALWAYS had in my OPM / GPP Stand alone install, and was one of the mods that inspired me to make my Warp Core mod.

I have tested the USI Warp standalone mod with my Warp Core, and all seems well during a quick test.

Well... even though I didn't realize you were out because of injury (thought you were just taking a break) It's really good to see you back.

Thanks Kurgan, you make me very happy having inspired your mod!

That is one hell of an amazing, and downright terrifying recount of your ordeal.

Thank god it had a silver lining... The weight loss, improved vision (probably from blood glucose levels being lower), and your depression subsiding are indeed very positive... that was definitely doing it the HARD way man!! 

• 2 months later...

Hi dude, just came across this thread and wow - I'm so glad you pulled through all of that. Certainly terrifying :( 

Massive props to you for coming back to the forums, your mod looks jaw dropping but I think I speak for everyone when I say don't push yourself! Real life comes first; take it slow and don't stress over things that don't matter in the big scheme of things. Your health comes first, cool warpships come second :) 

On 10/17/2016 at 2:56 PM, pheenix99 said:

Anyone have any other recommendations for the space dock besides Keridian Dynamics? It doesn't appear that it's been updated and the thread seems dormant/dead. Now that EPL has been updated....I wanna build stuff.

Angel-124's MOLE comes with two inflatable docks that double as EL launchpads. Haven't tested it with the Warpship, but i think it fits snugly on the bigger one.

Welcome back! I remember when this thing first came out, but like so many mods, it passed from my recollection because I didn't have the RAM to run very many mods.

I'm so glad you survived, are feeling better (emotionally), and have a positive outlook for the future! Cheers!

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Eegads

Grad you pulled through.  Feel free to ask for help, I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to help

Glad you bring it up... the IXS needs more love n care. Ever since KSP calculates collisions differently its been having issues. I know my way around a C# IDE and ModuleManager scripts, but graphics aren't quite my thing. I can make mechanical based 3D objects (in OpenSCAD), but completing them with animation for KSP is puzzling me. And making textures.... O.o i tried, i'm just not artistic enough. 

And overall: i'd like to hear practical tips on what to update. 

After what's happened, i'm realizing its not just a good idea to admit what i can't or can do. It's become a necessity. So... anyone wanting to jump in on the graphical part of the Pod expansion? (https://github.com/bartblommaerts/warpship/tree/Release/Design/IXS_Pod)?

35 minutes ago, Denko666 said:

Glad you bring it up... the IXS needs more love n care. Ever since KSP calculates collisions differently its been having issues. I know my way around a C# IDE and ModuleManager scripts, but graphics aren't quite my thing. I can make mechanical based 3D objects (in OpenSCAD), but completing them with animation for KSP is puzzling me. And making textures.... O.o i tried, i'm just not artistic enough. 

And overall: i'd like to hear practical tips on what to update. 

After what's happened, i'm realizing its not just a good idea to admit what i can't or can do. It's become a necessity. So... anyone wanting to jump in on the graphical part of the Pod expansion? (https://github.com/bartblommaerts/warpship/tree/Release/Design/IXS_Pod)?

That's not my area, but I know of a few people who might be able to help.  @taniwha can you help here?  @Angel-125 any possibility of your helping a bit?

I took a look at the IXS Command module and found a single concave collider. Easy enough to fix. I also found a gazillion duplicated colliders (sort of: it's actually a game object with a mesh filter, a mesh collider and no mesh renderer: this causes the mesh to be loaded twice. I've got an idea for an automated cleanup tool).

BTW, it's Unity that changed its collider handling, not KSP.

@Denko666 I had no idea you had been through so much. I'm glad your doing better now!

On 1/7/2019 at 6:30 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

That's not my area, but I know of a few people who might be able to help.  @taniwha can you help here?  @Angel-125 any possibility of your helping a bit?

I actually talked to @StevieD a while ago and would like to update this. However i have a few parts i HAVE to finish for KSPi first.
I wanted to do a few more updates to make the IXS a bit more 'realistic', I have a project inspired by the IXS concept that's reasonably far along.

• 2 weeks later...

I've downloaded the latest version of the mod... but inside my game i can't find the command pod....

Edit: in the "sandbox" the command pod is avaiable... but in "career mode" the command pod there isn't in the tech tree... maybe for this is not avaiable...

any way to fix it?

Edited by Kerbinidiel

On 1/20/2019 at 5:40 AM, Kerbinidiel said:

I've downloaded the latest version of the mod... but inside my game i can't find the command pod....

Edit: in the "sandbox" the command pod is avaiable... but in "career mode" the command pod there isn't in the tech tree... maybe for this is not avaiable...

any way to fix it?

Just to check: do you have Community Techtree mod installed?

2 hours ago, Denko666 said:

Just to check: do you have Community Techtree mod installed?

i think you are in right... tested now and works... thanks

maybe can be added under "required mods"

Edited by Kerbinidiel

The parts looks great, but they are incredibly imbalanced. Some parts are "Jack-of-all-trades", for example, central module has a command, a fuel tank, a gyro, a solar panel and a power generator (insanely powerfull solar panel and generator, for a moment). Just attach an engine and it's ready for launch. Please, make those overpowered parts more specific, otherwise there is no point to use other parts, except cosmetic.

And, please, tidy up with resourses. You use exotic matter, warp plasma and anti-matter at same time.

P.S. there are some mistypes in .cfg files with "lqdeuterium" instead of "lqdDeuterium". By the way, maybe it's better to jump on liquid hydrogen? It's more unified with other mods.

Edited by Gr@y

12 hours ago, Gr@y said:

You use exotic matter, warp plasma and anti-matter at same time.

P.S. there are some mistypes in .cfg files with "lqdeuterium" instead of "lqdDeuterium". By the way, maybe it's better to jump on liquid hydrogen? It's more unified with other mods.

IIRC, there is a method to that madness.  It's been a while since I've used the mod, but I believe you need to have 'x' amount of one resource in order to have 'y' amount of another.