IXS Warpship Original Series

Denko666

1 hour ago, Gr@y said:

Yup, I've figured it out, but there is an antimatter collector in the pack, so what is it for?

just that: to collect it. I don't really have further use for it right now. But if you have ideas: plz post, and i'll see what i can do.

10 hours ago, Denko666 said:

just that: to collect it. I don't really have further use for it right now. But if you have ideas: plz post, and i'll see what i can do.

That's what I'm talking about. Some parts are useless, some ones are over-usefull.

• 1 month later...

HI Denko666!

Just wanted to say thanks for the MOD! I love it. It is my endgame goal for my Kerbals in career mode.
All works well with 1.6.1 except the Xenon collector. It seems to be glitched.
Also, can't wait for the Auxiliary craft and the window lighting!
Please keep up the work.

If I could make a suggestion I would make the warp acceleration just a little weaker. Something like 0.1c /sec. Something like that.

What ever you do, this mod is still a hit for me! Like I said it will be my end goal when I think my Kerbal have reached "warp" level society.

THANK YOU AGAIN!

• 5 months later...
37 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Denko666

just popping to see how you are doing.  I had a request to revive this, but right now I have too much on my plate.  Besides, you are still around.

Are you back at work yet?

Hi!

Yep, still around. And yes even back to work. Halftime though, can't yet handle more. But it is literally right around the corner, so byebye traffic jams!

I've been trying to get into managing this mod again, with Visual Studio this time... Can't even get it to compile properly. Before this I used Netbeans with C# plugins, worked nicely. But its changed hands, it is no longer Oracle's but now managed by Apache. A lot of its plugins are gone, including C#... When I have the time/energy I'm going to try MonoDevelop as IDE. And with all that, I still haven't gotten to actually updating the sourcecode. 

I did briefly try it in KSP 1.7 with RoverDude's Alcubierre mod. And everything at least seemed to work. With exception of some surfaces not reacting properly to attaching things on them. (the void engine for example). 

With KSP2 being announced, I was thinking of just compiling the warship.dll for KSP1 when it updates and preparing the IXS for KSP2. That's what I'd love to do. But my current situation is not really allowing me to go full steam (nevermind the pun). I still need a whole lot of sleep. 

So, although I would very much like to continue maintaining this, if you want to take over I'm open for that.

What do you think? 

2 hours ago, Denko666 said:

Hi!

Yep, still around. And yes even back to work. Halftime though, can't yet handle more. But it is literally right around the corner, so byebye traffic jams!

I've been trying to get into managing this mod again, with Visual Studio this time... Can't even get it to compile properly. Before this I used Netbeans with C# plugins, worked nicely. But its changed hands, it is no longer Oracle's but now managed by Apache. A lot of its plugins are gone, including C#... When I have the time/energy I'm going to try MonoDevelop as IDE. And with all that, I still haven't gotten to actually updating the sourcecode. 

I did briefly try it in KSP 1.7 with RoverDude's Alcubierre mod. And everything at least seemed to work. With exception of some surfaces not reacting properly to attaching things on them. (the void engine for example). 

With KSP2 being announced, I was thinking of just compiling the warship.dll for KSP1 when it updates and preparing the IXS for KSP2. That's what I'd love to do. But my current situation is not really allowing me to go full steam (nevermind the pun). I still need a whole lot of sleep. 

So, although I would very much like to continue maintaining this, if you want to take over I'm open for that.

What do you think? 

I'll think about it.  I looked at the repo and forked it.  I see two branches, Master and Release.  I assume that the release branch is what is released to the wild?

I've recompiled the Release branch for 1.7.3, and fixed the sample ship to be able to load (missing modules from old version of game)

I haven't had a lot of time to do this, but when I hyperedit the warpship to about 800 km high, activate the warp drive and then hit the shift key to start the engine, I get massive explsions and the universe goes away

Before I dig, any ideas?

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've recompiled the Release branch for 1.7.3, and fixed the sample ship to be able to load (missing modules from old version of game)

I haven't had a lot of time to do this, but when I hyperedit the warpship to about 800 km high, activate the warp drive and then hit the shift key to start the engine, I get massive explsions and the universe goes away

Before I dig, any ideas?

I assume you use RoverDude's Alcubierre mod? If so, it will hase something to do with how his mod works.

• Did you activate the drive and subspace bubble before you used hyperedit?
  • Roverdude's Alcubierre mod has 2 drive settings. which one had you set it to?

Just now, Denko666 said:

I assume you use RoverDude's Alcubierre mod? If so, it will hase something to do with how his mod works.

I did not activate the drive before hyperedit, I did that after

I did not change any settings, just did an "activate drive", and then shift

• 4 months later...
On 9/15/2019 at 11:01 AM, Denko666 said:

This is getting closer to the top of  my ThingsToDo list, I hope to be able to do something with it in the next few weeks.

Assuming, of course, that 1.9 doesn't break all my mods again

On 9/15/2019 at 11:01 AM, Denko666 said:

Ok, can someone tell me how to activate the drive & subspace bubble?

Edit:  I didn't realize I had to be more than 600km from the planet.

So, first test looks good, things were generally working.  More to test, I still don't know what the code does in the mod

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 11:06 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Anybody willing to be a beta tester?

I will happily test your experimental warp vessel. I'm trying to get a lot of mods to play nice with 1.9 at the moment, so it would be more of the same troubleshooting.

• 2 weeks later...