IXS Warpship Original Series

Denko666

@Denko666 I recently finished making some major changes to the USI Alcubierre drive. You can pick it up from my github. Now it behaves a lot more like the frame-shift drive from Elite. https://github.com/helaeon/WarpDrive
RD already pulled my changes into his repository so it will be part of the next USI complete release.
You might want to take a look to make sure it doesn't break what you're doing here.

8 hours ago, Denko666 said:

The develocitizer is in there, but it's not working as it should anymore. Why? Your guess is as good as mine. 

Right now I'm trying to get the mod to detect wether Using Alcubierre drive mod is present or the interstellar wardrobe standalone. And inject the drive into the warpring with module manager. Which is then also going to be a prerequisite for the mod to work. 

@Denko666 Sounds like a handful man, thanks for putting in the effort, I just downloaded the KSS mod and a warp drive I could use would be real useful haha, never could get the hang of using a star to slow down relative velocity etc.. guess I should just check back here every now and then for updates?

Edited by Singitformehal

4 hours ago, helaeon said:

@Denko666 I recently finished making some major changes to the USI Alcubierre drive. You can pick it up from my github. Now it behaves a lot more like the frame-shift drive from Elite. https://github.com/helaeon/WarpDrive
RD already pulled my changes into his repository so it will be part of the next USI complete release.
You might want to take a look to make sure it doesn't break what you're doing here.

@helaeon Sounds interesting, for someone who's never played Elite could you elaborate on what these changes mean? Is there an ETA on this update dropping or will it just be ready when it's ready? Love your work btw, thanks man! 

Edited by Singitformehal

2 hours ago, Singitformehal said:

@Denko666 Sounds like a handful man, thanks for putting in the effort, I just downloaded the KSS mod and a warp drive I could use would be real useful haha, never could get the hang of using a star to slow down relative velocity etc.. guess I should just check back here every now and then for updates?

You can subscribe to this thread and the forum will email you if there's a new post.

6 hours ago, helaeon said:

i'll certainly have a look at that :)

ooh new parts! *SPOILERS*!

and i think i'm going to check the Tech Tree ant CTT definitions again against what i have. That may solve some other issues that have been reported here.

With Elite, do you mean the new version? or the Original one? I only know the original one (yeah, i'm that old... :/ )

But plz be patient with me, 'cause i can only work on this as health permits.

3 hours ago, Denko666 said:

With Elite, do you mean the new version? or the Original one? I only know the original one (yeah, i'm that old... :/ )

The new Elite. Basically how the new USI Warp Drive works is that as you get closer to a massive body you slow down. Drastically actually, like from 6c down to .000001c. It all works on exponentials math so the speed ramps up and down very quickly. I also lowered the cutoff to 1/2 planetary radius. It's much much more controllable now. There's also a turbo function (not in elite) that when you hit a certain warp factor you start going much much faster like 50c+. This is all configurable in the part's .cfg so you can tune this mod's warp drive to behave with those parameters however you like. I was about 5 minutes to Neidon in stock, 3 minutes to Jool. But it was way way easier to drive around the Joolian system in warp than it was previously.
Oh! Other new thing. If two USI Warp Drives are active at the same time it blows up your ship - weird unintended stuff was happening with 2 warp drives installed and active. So, for this mod you want that rear warp drive ring to be something else or just for show.

1 hour ago, DoctorJony5 said:

Hello i cant seem to download the 1.3.1 version fully. I only have bits and bobs of the mod and nothing really works correctly. Please can someone send me either a link to donwload the FULL mod or please send direct download.

thanks in advance 

Where did you download from?

Full version can always be found here: https://spacedock.info/mod/589/IXS-Warpship-OS

Update 0.4.0.8

+ You can now choose between USI's Alcubierre Drive or Interstellar Warp Drive Standalone (or neither, but not both!)

+ Fixed Agency Flag path

+ Added dependency on Module Manager 

Metadata update for CKAN to reflect these new dependencies has been requested.

Find it on Spacedock here

19 minutes ago, DoctorJony5 said:

Hello. Umm do i need any other mods for this ? Cos the game refuses the parts. Is it normal ?

@DoctorJony5, from the post above yours:

1 hour ago, Denko666 said:

Added dependency on Module Manager

and from the OP:

On 10/13/2016 at 2:38 AM, Denko666 said:

Do you have those installed?

4 hours ago, Denko666 said:

+ You can now choose between USI's Alcubierre Drive or Interstellar Warp Drive Standalone (or neither, but not both!)

I tried it with both installed, and the VAB at least seemed to work OK. What's the exact nature of the conflict?

Metadata update for CKAN to reflect these new dependencies has been requested.

There's a 1.1 MB zip file in the download at IXWarpShipOS\old Spacedocks.zip; is it OK if we filter this out when installing from CKAN?

EDIT: Also, should we put the example craft in Ships\VAB ?

Edited by HebaruSan

20 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

I tried it with both installed, and the VAB at least seemed to work OK. What's the exact nature of the conflict?

There's a 1.1 MB zip file in the download at IXWarpShipOS\old Spacedocks.zip; is it OK if we filter this out when installing from CKAN?

EDIT: Also, should we put the example craft in Ships\VAB ?

When i was examining the source code of both Alcubierre Drive and Interstellr WarpDrive, i noticed some definitions have overlapping IDs. Yes the game will load, and you'll be able to launch and all that. But there is no guarantee things will behave like they should. Besides, you cannot use both drives at the same time, unless you fancy a visit from the Kraken. 

You can safely delete the .zip. It is not used in the mod, but i kept it in there for people who want the old Spacedocks that came with WarpShip before Fendrir made a seperate mod out of them and added updates and upgrades.

If you want to use it, you can put the example IXS in your Ships/VAB directory. I haven't had the mod put it there by default simply because i didn't know how. I know how now though, from looking at the CKAN metadata of other mods :wink: 

Should i put it straight into the Ships directory by default? I'll include it next release if i get enough Ayes and not enough Neys .

2 hours ago, Singitformehal said:

I saw mentioned in a much earlier post that one of the attachable parts had Scansat capabilities as long as both mods were installed? Is that still true? I can't seem to find any. 

stock surveying is in one of the equipment attachments. scansat, i'm not sure of; at least there is no MM patch included.

• 3 weeks later...

My WarpDrives will not work.  

I have downloaded the Github FOR_Release folder for the warpdrive and used it's contents as outlined in other posts, but I still have a menu without advanced controls for the WarpDrive.  It simply has Activate/De-Activate and toggle torque buttons.  When activated - the warp bubble extends out around the ship, and when I throttle up while pointed at the target with the engine activated, it tells me I have 0.5kn thrust, 0.343c[max: 1.275c](throttle not maxed), [email protected], Conservation: Velocity, Fuel Flow .938u, Status Nominal, Fuel Req Met: 100%, Specific Impulse: 20,000 running at 1/3rd power roughly.  

I have full Xenon and Charge, with Tokomak Generator running.  I have an engineer in the main hull.  

The ship at full throttle will shudder violently and sometimes lose parts.  But will not actually go anywhere.    Any ideas?

• 3 months later...

Not abandoned.  And it works with 1.4.2. But only with Roverdude's Standalone Alcubierre Drive. Interstellar Warpdrive standalone still needs to be updated, as it is confirmed not to work with KSP 1.4.

• 3 months later...

sorry guys, i've been seeing more of hospitals and revalidation centers then i have KSP. Latest incident put into an artificial coma for about 5 weeks. For the moment i'm not even capable of doing programming :/ And the often updates to KSP changed the behaviour of just about anything i have built, making testing the IXS produce uncertain results.

7 hours ago, Denko666 said:

sorry guys, i've been seeing more of hospitals and revalidation centers then i have KSP. Latest incident put into an artificial coma for about 5 weeks. For the moment i'm not even capable of doing programming :/ And the often updates to KSP changed the behaviour of just about anything i have built, making testing the IXS produce uncertain results.

My goodness, so serious!  Thoughts and prayers with you.

Peace.

12 hours ago, Denko666 said:

Goog god i hope you'll be okay soon! Thoughts and prayers to you my friend!

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:04 PM, Denko666 said:

:( Sorry your not doing well, hope you get well soon.

I talked to @Stevie_D a while ago and I might pickup this mesh as a offshoot of one of my current projects with a few new parts to essentially run on top of KSPI, So you may not need to even worry about it.

In any event, focus on getting better.

Edited by SpaceMouse

• 2 months later...