Ksp will no longer open?

I've been playing on the 1.2 beta recently, but now that the update is fully out I find that the game will no longer open. When I press play game the curser pops up but thats it, all I see is my desktop, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times and I've also reset my computer, nothing seems to work. I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 8.1, If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me because I would really like to play this game more. 

Also I'm using full stock ksp

Edited by Sputnik 1

If it is Steam,

Then copy the save folder contents other than the scenario and training folder to another folder,

Then copy the mods to another folder as well.

Then delete everything within the Kerbal Space Program folder.

Then change it from prerelease to 'opt out of all beta programs' in the kerbal space program steam properties.

Then it should download the latest version without the risk of leaving something from a previous install that could cause issues

Then see if the game runs without mods

Then see if the game runs with mod

Hope that helps

1 hour ago, Anth12 said:

If it is Steam,

Then copy the save folder contents other than the scenario and training folder to another folder,

Then copy the mods to another folder as well.

Then delete everything within the Kerbal Space Program folder.

Then change it from prerelease to 'opt out of all beta programs' in the kerbal space program steam properties.

Then it should download the latest version without the risk of leaving something from a previous install that could cause issues

Then see if the game runs without mods

Then see if the game runs with mod

Hope that helps

No dice, still having the same problem but thanks for trying.

4 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Moved over to Technical Support

You there! Mr. Moderator, any ideas on how I could fix this? I feel like iv'e tried everything, it's not even the version the game launcher just wont open. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

4 hours ago, JakeSparkleChicken said:

I'm playing on Linux and have found that I can no longer launch the game from Steam, but launching from the command line works fine for some reason.  Have you tried launching it directly instead of through Steam?

Yea, It didn't seem to have any effect sadly. Idk what on earth happened, it was fully functional then boom gone.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.