Missing strut connector!

Hi All!

So as you all must know, the 1.2 update came out today!! (yayyy) and so i dutifully updated my game from Steam. Anyway I have lots of mods installed, including, but not limited to, KW rocketry. Anyhow, when I updated my game it informed me that it could no longer load pretty much any of my spacecraft as the part medium strut connector was missing.

Is there any way to resolve this?????:0.0:

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

That's not a stock part. Stock struts have been 'strutConnector' since their introduction as far as I know. Possible it was one from a mod?

It's the EAS-4 connector, and when I did the name swap, it worked fine. Unless something else has changed the name of it. Maybe Kerbal Join Reenforcement.

4 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

KJR doesn't add any parts as far as I know. It's likely another mod modifying/duplicating the stock EAS-4.

Not sure if it's not KJR, then something has done it, as just a name change solved the issue and everything is back to normal. Well if we find the culprit then hopefully someone posts here or on the mods forum. 

Gabriel

The strutConnectorMedium (and strutConnectorHeavy) are definitely from KW Rocketry, while the folders are prepended with KW the cfg files for these parts uses those names as shown in your pic.

Here are the contents of KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/kwstrutConnectorMedium/part.cfg

Spoiler

PART
{
// this is a sample config file, for determining a good file format for defining part parameters
// comment line - ignored by cfg parser
// empty lines, or lines without a '=' sign are also ignored
// all other lines are split at the '=' sign, and the left operand is used to know what parameter we are setting
// diferent parameters require data in different formats (see docs), and each module has it's own parameters (again, see docs)
// each assignment must be in a single line. Lines without assignments will be ignored. (You CAN turn on word wrap, though)
// each keyword here relates to an existing variable in the assigned module. If the keyword isn't found, it is ignored.
// conversely, if a keyword is left unassigned (as in not in the file), it will be initialized with it's default value
// This is done automatically, so any public variable defined in the loaded module can be accessed this way (provided it's value can be parsed)--

// --- general parameters ---
name = strutConnectorMedium
module = StrutConnector
author = HarvesteR

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = strutConnector.DAE
scale = 0.1
specPower = 0.1
rimFalloff = 3
alphaCutoff = 0.0
iconCenter = -4.69147, 2.64656, 0.0

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = advConstruction
entryCost = 4500
cost = 100
category = Structural
subcategory = 0
title = EAS-4 Strut Connector Medium
manufacturer = Kerlington Model Rockets and Paper Products Inc.
description = The Strut Connector is highly regarded by many spacecraft engineers as they help in constructing more stable spacecraft. Once both sides are connected, a structural beam is created to link both ends, allowing for sturdier (and heavier) construction.  

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 0,1,0,0,1

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 2

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.1
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.02
minimum_drag = 0.02
angularDrag = 1
crashTolerance = 12
maxTemp = 3600
explosionPotential = 0

breakingForce = 50000
breakingTorque = 50000

// --- Strut Connector parameters ---

linearStrength = 42000
angularStrength = 42000
maxLength = 12

// --- tweakables (coming soon...) ---

// ----- DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS POINT ------

}

The strut may not work as expected as struts now use module CompoundPart, not module StrutConnector.

As KW Rocketry has not been updated for 1.2 (it is a 1.1.3 mod) I suggest you wait until it has been updated for the current release of KSP.

1 hour ago, n64gk said:

Like is there anyway I can edit the cfg files of the actual ships to remove the part so it can load without it?

You could try editing the craft files and persistence files and replace instances of "strutConnectorMedium" with "strutConnector" and see if it works. Back them up first, as you always should when editing those types of files directly.

1 hour ago, n64gk said:

Where do i find the craft files and persistence files?

Save file is /Kerbal Space Program/Saves/$YourSaveNameHere/persistence.sfs

Craft files are in /Kerbal Space Program/Saves/$YourSaveNameHere/Ships/VAB and /Kerbal Space Program/Saves/$YourSaveNameHere/Ships/SPH

Edit the persistence.sfs file to adjust ships in flight, edit the craft files to have them load in the editor.

• 10 months later...

Hi all. I also had the problem of the missing strut until i realized that i'd installed the wrong KW Rocketry folder from Curse. Make sure you all use the new and updated version from Space dock. KW Rocketry Redux.

Thanks to Linuxgurugamer for the update.

Also can we get Curse updated with this version. I might be wrong(i probably am) but i can only see the old 2.7 version on curse.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.