The Ui Flicker Bug - In stock

TriggerAu, from what I've seen the flicker in the AppTray is limited to the content of the menus themselves, not the icons in the AppTray. To clarify : if the whole UI is flickering and you open the Engineer window for instance, the content of that window will not be shown.

I haven't seen this bug so much though, on my end it was limited to the parts catalog which flickered a lot. I'm really glad you got it fixed because I can build anything without the whole thing just flickering in and out a couple times per second right now.

24 minutes ago, Jashin said:

TriggerAu, from what I've seen the flicker in the AppTray is limited to the content of the menus themselves, not the icons in the AppTray. To clarify : if the whole UI is flickering and you open the Engineer window for instance, the content of that window will not be shown.

I haven't seen this bug so much though, on my end it was limited to the parts catalog which flickered a lot. I'm really glad you got it fixed because I can build anything without the whole thing just flickering in and out a couple times per second right now.

The fix for the UI stuff Ive done did include tweaking the content of those, just blind fixes arent my favorite kind :P 

11 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

Is just the app items not displaying that I want to try and repro to confim that is fixed to in our dev builds. 

For me, the categories disappear, the content of the stock UI buttons disappears (the windows appear but are empty), the action buttons in the top right disappear except for their very bottoms, and any mod buttons to the left of the stock buttons in the lower right disappear.  Interestingly, you can still USE the mod buttons if you remember where they were on the screen the last time they flickered and click that spot.

In my mod folder I have:

Spoiler

000_AT_Utils

000_USITools

AirplanePlus

AviationCockpits

ChopShop

CommunityCategoryKit

CommunityResourcePack

DMagicOrbitalScience

ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads

Firespitter

Hangar

HLAirships

KAS

KerbalJoingReinforcement (dev)

KerboKatz (containing the science retriever and kerbal science exchange)

KIS

KSP-AVC

LETech

MechJeb2

ModuleManager 2.7.1

PartCommanderContinued

PlanetaryBaseInc

SCANsat

SpaceY Expanded

SpaceY Lifters

TarsierSpaceTech

TextureReplacer

ThrottleControlledAvionics

TriggerTech (ARP)

Tweakscale

UmbraSpaceIndustries (Akita, ART, FTT, Karibou, Construction, Containers, Lifesupport, MKS, ReactorPack, WarpDrive)

WaypointManager

WildBlueIndustries (Buffalo & Pathfinder)

Workshop

Hope that helps.

Also, I'm on MacOS sierra, MacBook pro mid-2014, 8 gb ram.

Edited by MaxPeck

1 minute ago, MaxPeck said:

For me, the categories disappear, the content of the stock UI buttons disappears (the windows appear but are empty), the action buttons in the top right disappear except for their very bottoms, and any mod buttons to the left of the stock buttons in the lower right disappear.  Interestingly, you can still USE the mod buttons if you remember where they were on the screen the last time they flickered and click that spot.

In my mod folder I have:

Reveal hidden contents

Hope that helps.

Awesome thanks. I could repro everything except the app windows being empty. I'll load up that small list of mods ( :wink: ) and see if I can repro that as well. Thanks

Hey trigger, I've got the toolbar issue. From what I remember it seems to only occur in Career mode when you upgrade the mission control? And receive more than two contracts. I could be wrong :) I'll be able to get you my list of mods In about 2-3 hours when I get home. But the above is what I do remember about the issue, and i'll provide more should I remember, and when I get my mods list. Cheers for getting a fix by the way, glad to hear :)

22 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

Is just the app items not displaying that I want to try and repro to confim that is fixed to in our dev builds. 

1 hour ago, Ausflyer said:

Hey trigger, I've got the toolbar issue. From what I remember it seems to only occur in Career mode when you upgrade the mission control? And receive more than two contracts. I could be wrong :) I'll be able to get you my list of mods In about 2-3 hours when I get home. But the above is what I do remember about the issue, and i'll provide more should I remember, and when I get my mods list. Cheers for getting a fix by the way, glad to hear :)

great thanks mate

Hi, here is my list of mods, there is 100% flicker

KSP: 1.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
USI Tools - 0.8.2
Basic Orbit - 1.0.2
Chatterer - 0.9.91.1586
Community Category Kit - 0.1.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.1
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.4
EVA Transfer - 1.0.5
Firespitter - 7.4.1
Flexible Docking - 1.0.4
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6
KerbNet Controller - 1.0.2
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
MissionController 2 - 1.4.1
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.5
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.3.1
SCANsat - 1.1.6.9
SmartParts - 1.9.1.1
Surface Mounted Stock-Alike Lights for Self-Illumination - 1.3
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8
Transfer Window Planner - 1.6
USI Core - 0.3.2
USI Exploration Pack - 0.6.1
Freight Transport Tech - 0.6.1
Karbonite - 0.8.1
Karbonite Plus - 0.7.1
Karibou - 0.3.1
Konstruction - 0.1.5
USI-LS - 0.5.3
Malemute Rover - 0.2.1
UKS - 0.50.3
USI Survivability Pack - 0.6.1
Universal Storage - 1.2.0.1
Waypoint Manager - 2.6
WildBlueTools - 1.8.1
Buffalo - 0.9.7
Pathfinder - 1.2.7

I understand a lot, but on 1.1.3 everything was fine no flicker. Thanks for the best game ever :) but the last 1.2 just something - the font does not fit in the button - the blank space in the budget line, at what price the .00 at the end. Sadly it all.

Alrighty, so here's my mod list currently. 

USI Tools - 0.8.2
Chatterer - 0.9.91.1586
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.8
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.3
DockingCam (KURS) - 1.2.0.2
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.3.3
Extraplanetary Launchpads - 5.5
Firespitter - 7.4.1
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.2.4
RasterPropMonitor - 0.28
Kerbin Environmental Institute - 1.2
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2
HyperEdit - 1.5.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
KWRocketryRedux - 3.0.20
XT Landertron - 0.15
Final Frontier - 1.2.3.2675
OPT Spaceplane Parts - 1.8.6
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.1.5
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
RCS Build Aid - 0.9
SCANsat - 1.1.6.9
SpaceY Expanded - 1.3
SpaceY Lifters - 1.14
Surface Mounted Stock-Alike Lights for Self-Illumination - 1.3
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8
USI Core - 0.3.2
Karbonite - 0.8.1
Karbonite Plus - 0.7.1
Karibou - 0.3.1
Konstruction - 0.1.5
USI-LS - 0.5.3
Malemute Rover - 0.2
UKS - 0.50
USI Survivability Pack - 0.6
Universal Storage - 1.2.0.1
EVAParachutesAndEjectionSeats - 0.1.6
Water Sounds - 2.2
[x] Science! - 5.1

Still getting the dreaded flicker. I believe the flicker of the contracts, engineering and toolbar menu is restricted to career mode, but a reliable way to reproduce, or at least I've found, is install a few mods which add to the toolbar in editor (Editor extensions, hyperedit, RCS Aid, USI life support). From there, boot up a fresh career mode, and unlock a few research nodes, then upgrade Mission Control to level 2 and get as many contracts as possible. Then cause the flicker bug in VAB/SPH and it *should* recreate the toolbar, contracts and engineering. If it doesn't then let me know and I'll see what else I did. I've tried this on two different career saves and it affected it both times. Through a brief amount of testing I do not believe it can be caused in sandbox mode. 

Any problems recreating let me know and I'll help out as best I can. Cheers again, Aus

000_AT_Utils - 1.2
Toolbar - 1.7.13
USI Tools - 0.8.2
Chatterer - 0.9.91.1586
ConfigurableContainers - 2.2
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.8.1
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.4
Firespitter - 7.4.1
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.1
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.5
DockingCam (KURS) - 1.2.0.2
Outer Planets Mod - 2.0
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
Precise Node - 1.2.4
RealPlume - Stock - 0.11
SCANsat - 1.1.6.9
Stock Visual Enhancements - 1.1.21
Trajectories - 1.6.3
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8
Transfer Window Planner - 1.6
TweakScale - 2.3
USI Core - 0.3.2
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.9.2
USI Exploration Pack - 0.6.1
Freight Transport Tech - 0.6.1
Konstruction - 0.1.5
USI-LS - 0.5.3
UKS - 0.50.3
USI Survivability Pack - 0.6.1
USI Alcubierre Drive - 0.5

Sorry to disagree but sandbox mode, scientific & full career have thus bug for me, will start working through mod lists & see if I can narrow it down as well...(not listing mods as list is extensive)

@TriggerAu

You can view/install this .ckan config file, start the game, start a new career, go to the VAB, move the mouse and the UI/Toolbar is gone. Just tested it again. Hope that helps.

PS: Do you have a very rough assumption if its a matter of days or weeks until this fix reaches us? This CKAN config is 95% of the career I would like start since the mods came out but this is totally not playable for me. On the other hand after 2 light modded careers in the prerelease, I don't want to go back to 1.1.3... so I only can wait.

Edited by Jebs_SY

Taken a load of mods off & got the bug to disappear, as soon as I start adding mods back it comes back. As soon as I added "Procedural Fairings" & "WildBlueIndustries" the bug reappeared. Independently both mods work without the bug, together the bug appears. Not tried any additional combo's yet. As for the part count idea, no category has more than 72 (3x24) parts in it so its less than the 100 that has been mentioned before.

*Edit* testing done in sandbox mode (in case contracts had an impact)

*snip* removed unwanted info from post & sorry to @Speadge for trouble.

Edited by Marrv
removing unwanted info & apologising

2 hours ago, Marrv said:

Update; Now up to 98 mods including some parts packs, over 110 parts in 1 category so that line of thinking isnt holding up. Mods in addition to above;

pretty sure since trigger said he has a fix already, that a compilation of mods NOT triggering the bug isnt needed anymore.

Edited by Speadge

4 minutes ago, Marrv said:

Any idea where I can find that quote? read everything in this thread to no avail.

well, u didnt.

Spoiler

ok, one can miss them when posting all the time :D

Edited by Speadge

A) No need to be rude
B) Second reply quoted only states that the fix he has done includes tweaking content & his dislike of blind fixes.
C) The first quote is actually ASKING for information about what mods cause it (ergo by ruling out mods also fulfils the opposite half of that proposition).

Now the thing about crowd based information is this; the more information you share between people tracking down bugs the greater the speed of tracking the bug, thus by posting mods that are not causing the issue people can rule them out, or if they encounter the issue with a mod I ruled out they can post & where the mods have a cross over you can locate possible avenues to explore further.

So I am going to keep going through the list of mods I have trying to reproduce the bug, thus finding which mod/s are responsible, and keep updating the spoilers (so ppl do not have to read them if they dont want to) to better facilitate a speedy resolution.

The second two replies you edited in I cannot even find on this thread... by time (15 hours ago) or by searching the thread via ctrl+f & searching for the quoted remarks.

Edit - you found the quote on his profile page, yet it does not show up in the thread... final edit a puush link showing the time-frame quoted (17-13 hours ago) no mention of the posts your quoting. Forum bug? http://puu.sh/rQKd0.png

Edited by Marrv

20 minutes ago, Marrv said:

pebcak

sort thread by date and check what is really going on here (hint: it also has 3 pages). im reading whats going on, not stalking anyones profile.

Edited by Speadge

Was not so hard to point out a feature to someone who didnt know it existed. Not used to forums prefer bug trackers directly.... Seems odd that its not auto-selected to sort via date....

Edited by Marrv
because i am stressed

I have this same issue...  I thought it was a mod causing the problem so I spent days removing and reinstalling mods. and every time I thought I had found the culprit the problem would come back.  eventually I decided it was not a specific mod, but the number of mods.  or as you say maybe the number of parts in a category.  it only happens inside the VAB or SPH and it does not cause the game to break as far as I can tell.  it is running fine, and I can play for hours like this.  it is just a hassle to deal with the UI issues in the editor.

if it caused by a "single" mod and not the total number of them, then there are a few that do it.  as I thought I had found the problem many times just to have it come back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.