The Ui Flicker Bug - In stock

@TriggerAu

Since there might be dozens of people that want to try the fix, is there any chance that it could be release within a "stock bug fix"-update or another kind of "private-fix" instead of having to wait for 1.2.1?
Since this is something everyone that has a fair amount of mods runs into, its no "edge-case-scenario" and for many of us makes the game kinda "unenjoyable" at the moment.

15 minutes ago, Speadge said:

@TriggerAu

Since there might be dozens of people that want to try the fix, is there any chance that it could be release within a "stock bug fix"-update or another kind of "private-fix" instead of having to wait for 1.2.1?
Since this is something everyone that has a fair amount of mods runs into, its no "edge-case-scenario" and for many of us makes the game kinda "unenjoyable" at the moment.

Unfortunately no due to where the fix lies :( (well, without spending a bunch of time making a mod instead of fixing more bugs :P ) , but we are compiling these for a 1.2.1 as per the dev notes.

On 10/24/2016 at 8:18 AM, Speadge said:

@TriggerAu

Yeah very unenjoyable, I have been installing and uninstalling mods trying to find an incompatible pair that was causing the flicker, now that I have found this thread I know it's not the mods. I tried to play with the flicker but in the end, the VAB just craps out.I had gotten to a point in career and was making a large rocket when I lost both the bottom and top tools in the VAB.

Hi here, I have the same problem, played 1.2 in vanilla and all was ok, I added some mods with parts and all go crazy in the VAB.

So is it impossible to fix the problem with an unofficial patch or an "how-to-fix-it-instructions" until 1.2.1 come out? I understand you can say "vanilla is playable so keep calm and no rush", but we all know here that, without mod, Kerbal Space Program is... well, you know, is not the same at all.

Of course I don't want to be rude, all the things that I'm saying are a consequence of the fact that I love this game and all your work.

I have also seen this, I run about 45 mods or so. I haven't tried it stock yet. Interestingly, it happens on one of my PCs but not the other. My primary PC is newer, but far less powerful. It has the flickering issue. My other PC is a beast, but several years old now. It runs fine, in fact, better than the new PC. Both are 64 bit Dells, with all Dell parts (no aftermarket boards).

30 minutes ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

If this is a stock issue, I can not believe that Squad haven't fixed this while releasing 1.2

AFAIK It was not noticed during pre-release, likely because few large part packs were available at that time.

31 minutes ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

I really hope someone can fix this in the near future.

Fixed in 1.2.1. Chill. Shouting about it won't speed up the release.

50 minutes ago, steve_v said:

AFAIK It was not noticed during pre-release, likely because few large part packs were available at that time.

Fixed in 1.2.1. Chill. Shouting about it won't speed up the release.

Yeah I learned about it after posted... And I'm happy about it...

I'm not shouting about it but if you also have this issue, you would know how I feel.

13 minutes ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

I'm not shouting about it but if you also have this issue, you would know how I feel.

1 hour ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

it is truly ANNOYING

Caps is considered shouting, no?
And yes, I do see this issue, so I am playing mostly-stock until 1.2.1 is out.
Options at the moment are to exercise restraint with part mods, or put up with the UI issues.

Edited by steve_v

On 30/10/2016 at 9:08 PM, steve_v said:

Caps is considered shouting, no?
And yes, I do see this issue, so I am playing mostly-stock until 1.2.1 is out.
Options at the moment are to exercise restraint with part mods, or put up with the UI issues.

1.2.1 is out :)

And the majority of mods work, the version checkers throw messages, but the codebase is almost unchanged from a mod perspective

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.