[1.9.x] EVA Enhancements Continued

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, I'll take a look, but in general, when Unity get exceptions like that, it's usually a memory issue.  Have you tried installing the Graphic Memory Monitor to see exactly what's going on?

And now that nice piece of paper hits the fan. A turbo-fan. :-(

I installed the Sarbian's GC Monitor on that falty installment. The problem is gone. =/

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Most likely memory, then.

I can be. But why just with EVAe? I added yet more add-ons on the day-to-day installment, and it's working fine.

Well... At very least, I know for sure that EVAe was just the "first victim". Not a issue for you.

Thanks for the advising. I will post a follow up if by any chance I figure out what's happening! :-)

Edited by Lisias

Well.. I was wrong. The problem was happening on KSP Exit now. =P Still the same exception, but it happened while quitting KSP now. =D

So, I agree it's a problem with memory management, but hardly on Mono. There's a flaw somewhere on the Unity's Memory Management itself (or somewhere else, who knows). Perhaps a too much fragmented libc heap?

One thing that changed on my day-to-day is that I got rid of *every* copy of MiniAVC.dll that was there (`find . -name MiniAVC.dll -detele` - typo on purpose), and put the newest one on the GameData root. And since I have a awfully =P lot of add-ons installed, there were a awfully lot of MiniAVC.dll there. That, GCMonitor and a buch of new mods (some pretty old, as Kerbonov).And again, I can't reproduce the issue anymore, even on the debugging installment. I'm somewhat baffled, but not necessarily surprised. "It's Unity" is somewhat that I read a lot on support forums. :-)

Any of this is related to the problem? I don't know. It can be, or it can be something absolutely different - as a MacOS transparent update that fixed something "in there" without telling me (and yeah, Apple does that now and then).

Well... Move on. Nothing (more) to see here. :-)

I NAILED THE CULPRIT. And the problem is Unity (as usual).

There's a issue on Unity when running on Macs with multiple monitors (exact my case). Not a well known issue, but it's old - I found reports dating since Unity 5.4.5.

Since the problem is somewhat related to memory consumption, I'm guessing that using multiple monitors demands multiple framebuffers (obviously), and someone, somewhere inside Unity is not asking correctly about how much memory it can use from there (assuming a single monitor setup).

• 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

Hey LGG,

I am getting some continuous LOG spam when on EVA and the RCS is on... it is spamming this line.... I think it needs something like a "if key pressed"-... can that be?

BR JebsSY

Actually, it's this line which is wrong:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/EVAEnhancementsContinued/blob/b080d4e0c67d60cb1f46ff083513a8c260a4eb61/EVAEnhancementsContinued/Log.cs#L73

I'll get it fixed

New release, 0.1.13.2

• Fixed log spam from debugging statements

• 2 months later...

Just dropping in to say I only recently discovered this mod, and I like it a lot. Some nice thinking went into this. Wish they would make this kind of EVA freedom stock (maybe toggle-able, as to not confuse new players. But for experienced players who like EVA this is pretty much a must have after you tasted it once)

Many thanks for yet another great mod @linuxgurugamer and of cousre to the original devs as well.

Edited by Dafni

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature (and I'm missing something in the description), but today I couldn't control my Kerbal in EVA. It seems it had not stabilization control when the RCS was enabled. AFAIK, SAS is the default when RCS is enabled in EVA, isn't that right? Anyway, removing this mod solved the problem. Could it be some problem with the new version or the new BG DLC? Here's what I'm running:

• KSP 1.7.1.2539 (Win x64)
  • Making History 1.7.1
  • Breaking Ground 1.0.0
Edited by conao

Hello,

Im currently running this on KSP 1.7.2...it does seem to run ok however...when I RIGHT CLICK on a Kerbal during EVA a 'duplicate' set of controls are visible on his/her menu.  i.e. another same set of descriptions/settings.

Can this be corrected?

Thanks!

On 6/14/2019 at 4:33 PM, jbarry39 said:

Hello,

Im currently running this on KSP 1.7.2...it does seem to run ok however...when I RIGHT CLICK on a Kerbal during EVA a 'duplicate' set of controls are visible on his/her menu.  i.e. another same set of descriptions/settings.

Can this be corrected?

Thanks!

I got those duplicated too, but I also couldn't control my Kerbal. If it works for you, then maybe I should check if a reinstallation would solve the problem. Do you also have the new DLC, Breaking Ground installed?

yup...i have 1.7.2 and the new expansion loaded up

On 6/15/2019 at 2:43 PM, conao said:

I got those duplicated too, but I also couldn't control my Kerbal. If it works for you, then maybe I should check if a reinstallation would solve the problem. Do you also have the new DLC, Breaking Ground installed?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 5:33 PM, jbarry39 said:

Hello,
Can this be corrected?
Thanks!

Same problem. :(

P.S.
KSP 1.7.2  +  
DLC Breaking Ground  +  EVA Enhancements Continued 0.1.14.

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.14.1

• Fixed duplicate entries in PAW when BG DLC is installed

Note:  This was due to the way that new science experiments were added to existing kerbals by the DLC

Updating to v.0.1.14.1.
The problem is solved.
Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
23 hours ago, Sebra said:

Hi, linuxgurugamer!

CKAN show this mod is up for 1.9.0 KSP version.

This thread mark it for 1.8.x.

It seems to work in 1.9.1 too.

Should some values be updated?

Btw, thanks for your work!

I update threads when i make a change.  I have over 200 mods, and don’t have time to do another massive forum update

On 3/9/2020 at 9:09 AM, Sebra said:

This thread mark it for 1.8.x.

It seems to work in 1.9.1 too.

Should some values be updated?

Worth noting is that generally mods for 1.8.x work with 1.9.x.  There may be some exceptions, but assume that true unless otherwise stated.

1.7.x->1.8.x was a low-level change, which meant most compiled mods needed updates, but that low-level change doesn't occur every update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.