[1.9.x] EVA Enhancements Continued

linuxgurugamer

1 minute ago, Sebra said:

They show correct locations if NavBall follows the camera. If NavBall follows Kerbal, pointers still follows the camera.

and when you are in orbit, that is correct.  Not following the camera, but, rather, being correct when in orbit as related to the body you are orbiting around.  It may appear to follow the camera, but it isn't

2 minutes ago, Sebra said:

Cannot enable SAS on non pilot Kerbal. It can be not related to your mod, just looks weird.

As you say, it looks weird, but not a bug.

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

and when you are in orbit, that is correct.  Not following the camera, but, rather, being correct when in orbit as related to the body you are orbiting around.  It may appear to follow the camera, but it isn't

They should be always synchronized with NavBall. Here is ship picture for comparison:

hFwpFRJ.jpg

You can see light blue marker pointed down to the surface. For Kerbal it in the center of NavBall, For ship it in the center of brown halfshere of NavBall, meaning "direct down".

For ship yellow prograde marker is pointed to the horizon because the orbit is circular.

NavBall HUD always shows holonet and holopointers relative to camera. It moves "nose direction" instead.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Sebra Please explain what you are referring to, please.

What EVA "rotate on camera move"

Sorry for possible double post, quoting is not my strong part.

Now "T" key with RCS on allows me to enter/exit mode, when Kerbal turn away from camera on each move. I was unable to see it before. But he still turn own "up" to some direction, then his "back" to the camera side. He turn this way also on "Space" if RCS on. It is kind of weird and inconvenient.

Rotation keys of this mod overlaps with KIS. I cannot change it to Alt-key combinations. This method of rotation also cannot help me to turn Kerbal in desired position.

3 minutes ago, Sebra said:

Sorry for possible double post, quoting is not my strong part.

Now "T" key with RCS on allows me to enter/exit mode, when Kerbal turn away from camera on each move. I was unable to see it before. But he still turn own "up" to some direction, then his "back" to the camera side. He turn this way also on "Space" if RCS on. It is kind of weird and inconvenient.

Rotation keys of this mod overlaps with KIS. I cannot change it to Alt-key combinations. This method of rotation also cannot help me to turn Kerbal in desired position.

Sorry, i still don't understand.

SAS is, I believe, a no-op when you are EVA.  What mode are you referring to entering/exiting, SAS?

The direction you are talking about is something in stock, where the kerbal turns "up" to a specific direction when you hit space, nothing i can do about that.

I just tested with a pilot and a scientist, and an engineer;  Both with SAS on and off, spacebar will have the kerbal reorientate himself away from the camera

Related to using the ALT (or MOD) key, I'll see if i can add that today

21 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

NavHUD is wrong in this case, I think.

The markers in the NavBall should always be the same when in a vessel as when you are EVA, since those markers are relative to the body you are orbiting around

You are wrong.

NavBall HUD shows holo version of NavBall with pointers in proper directions. Most of pointers and net globe are relative to body. But two "heading" pointers are relative to the ship: Forward and backward.

NavBall control has fixed "forward" pointer in the centre. Globe ball moves and their relative position shows relative position between ship and body. Speed pointers are based on relative speed to body centre, surface or even target and should be synchronized with the globe ball ignoring ship rotation.

On 14.10.2016 at 8:25 PM, linuxgurugamer said:
  • the EVA "rotate on camera move" setting can now be toggled any time by hitting the SAS toggle (default T). Enabling it can make some EVA navigation a bit easier, but disabling it gives you more control.

13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

SAS is, I believe, a no-op when you are EVA.  What mode are you referring to entering/exiting, SAS?

When I use "T" key with RSC on the EVA "rotate on camera move" setting toggled.

When I hit SAS control on NavBall all except Pilot give shown error, Pilot get/lose SAS status instead. Probably means nothing, just show you difference between SAS toggle by T key and by mouse click. It seems you intercept only the key control.

18 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The direction you are talking about is something in stock, where the kerbal turns "up" to a specific direction when you hit space, nothing i can do about that.

That is quite sad.

20 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just tested with a pilot and a scientist, and an engineer;  Both with SAS on and off, spacebar will have the kerbal reorientate himself away from the camera

Yes, but with SAS Kerbal reorientate also with each move. Have you tried to turn SAS by mouse?

22 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Related to using the ALT (or MOD) key, I'll see if i can add that today

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Sebra said:

When I use "T" key with RSC on the EVA "rotate on camera move" setting toggled.

When I hit SAS control on NavBall all except Pilot give shown error, Pilot get/lose SAS status instead. Probably means nothing, just show you difference between SAS toggle by T key and by mouse click. It seems you intercept only the key control.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That is quite sad.

Yes, but with SAS Kerbal reorientate also with each move. Have you tried to turn SAS by mouse?

The only time I see the kerbal moving without input is the first time RCS is turned on while on EVA

Please see the following video for a demo of the new ALT key functionality and the behaviour of the kerbals on EVA:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvy278cbt4zpbyu/2017-03-14 14-52-37.flv?dl=0

I did not see in the video attempt to move Kerbal without rotate him by "space". That is where two modes become different. One mode turn Kerbal each time, you want to move, other just move him as is.

I see you have no error turning SAS by mouse. Good.

I see controls can be Alt-Key combinations now. Thanks.

And I see velocity pointers do not move relative to Kerbal, but move relative to NavBall when Kerbal rotates. That is really bad. How can I describe better? Try make Kerbal to look in prograde direction. Kerbal look direction is "birdie" in the centre of NavBall, so you need yellow marker in centre as well. You should be able to do it by Kerbal rotation only. But now you can do it by camera rotation only. ( in NavBall follow camera mode birdie is camera look, not kerbal )

3 hours ago, Sebra said:

You are wrong.

NavBall HUD shows holo version of NavBall with pointers in proper directions. Most of pointers and net globe are relative to body. But two "heading" pointers are relative to the ship: Forward and backward.

NavBall control has fixed "forward" pointer in the centre. Globe ball moves and their relative position shows relative position between ship and body. Speed pointers are based on relative speed to body centre, surface or even target and should be synchronized with the globe ball ignoring ship rotation

i stand corrected, i was looking at something else

Which means there isn't anything I can do on the navball, other than hide them, which is already there

2 minutes ago, Sebra said:

I did not see in the video attempt to move Kerbal without rotate him by "space". That is where two modes become different. One mode turn Kerbal each time, you want to move, other just move him as is

I rotate him using the normak keys, (Q & E), so I'm not sure of what you are referring to

3 minutes ago, Sebra said:

d I see velocity pointers do not move relative to Kerbal, but move relative to NavBall when Kerbal rotates. That is really bad. How can I describe better? Try make Kerbal to look in prograde direction. Kerbal look direction is "birdie" in the centre of NavBall, so you need yellow marker in centre as well. You should be able to do it by Kerbal rotation only. But now you can do it by camera rotation only. ( in NavBall follow camera mode birdie is camera look, not kerba

See my previous post.  Nothing I can do about that, other than hide them

So you are unable to make velocity pointers work on EVA like on ships, right? Sad.

Then better to hide them in "NavBall follows Kerbal" mode. :(

14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I rotate him using the normak keys, (Q & E), so I'm not sure of what you are referring to

Try to move forward while looking aside. One of modes would rotate Kerbal.

Or just ignore it, no big deal.

new release, 0.1.8:

• Fixed nullref when switching to kerbal (minor, only one time, looks like an uninitialized parameter)
  • Added option to disable Navball markers on EVA
  • Added ability to use a modifier key with a regular key (but disables the ability to use the mod key by itself).  On Windows, the key is ALT

I get some nre's from eva enhancements. I hoped it was just because I had not updated to the latest version (0.1.8).... But sadly is did not solve the NRE's....

I don't know if this log segment is sufficient. If it is not, here is the full log. I hope the fix is simple.

Spoiler

[LOG 23:33:39.800] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Bob Kerman ---------------------- 
[LOG 23:33:39.801] EVAEnhancements:onVesselSwitching: from: Mk1 Command Pod   to: Bob Kerman
[LOG 23:33:39.802] Detected switch from mk1pod (Vessel) to kerbalEVA (Bob Kerman) (Vessel). Request camera stabilization.
[LOG 23:33:39.802] EVAEnhancements:onVesselSwitching: from: Mk1 Command Pod   to: Bob Kerman
[LOG 23:33:39.802] EVAEnhancements:onVesselSwitching: from: Mk1 Command Pod   to: Bob Kerman
[LOG 23:33:39.803] EVAEnhancements:onVesselSwitching: from: Mk1 Command Pod   to: Bob Kerman
[LOG 23:33:39.803] EVAEnhancements:onVesselSwitching: from: Mk1 Command Pod   to: Bob Kerman
[LOG 23:33:39.804] EVAEnhancements:onVesselSwitching: from: Mk1 Command Pod   to: Bob Kerman
[LOG 23:33:39.804] EVAEnhancements:onVesselSwitching: from: Mk1 Command Pod   to: Bob Kerman
[LOG 23:33:39.805] EVAEnhancements:onVesselSwitching: from: Mk1 Command Pod   to: Bob Kerman
[LOG 23:33:39.805] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Bob Kerman
[WRN 23:33:39.813] [Part]: kerbalEVA (Bob Kerman) holds crew but has no interior model defined!
[LOG 23:33:39.816] Fix camera focus while keeping its position
[LOG 23:33:39.819] [KRnD] updating vessel 'Bob Kerman'
[ERR 23:33:39.819] [KRnD] updatePart(kerbalEVA (Bob Kerman)): System.Exception: no original-stats for part 'kerbalEVA'
  at KRnD.KRnD.updatePart (.Part part, KRnD.KRnDUpgrade upgradesToApply) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 23:33:39.821] NullReferenceException
    UnityEngine.Transform.set_rotation (Quaternion value)
    EVAEnhancementsContinued.EVAEnhancementsBehaviour.LateUpdate ()
[LOG 23:33:39.850] [CHATR] Capsule starts the exchange...
[LOG 23:33:39.851] 3/18/2017 11:33:39 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel changed - resetting inqueue flag
[EXC 23:33:39.854] NullReferenceException
[LOG 23:33:39.865] 3/18/2017 11:33:39 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Removing DrawGUI from PostRender Queue
[EXC 23:33:39.876] NullReferenceException
[LOG 23:33:39.885] 3/18/2017 11:33:39 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Adding DrawGUI to PostRender Queue
[LOG 23:33:39.886] 3/18/2017 11:33:39 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Skipping version check
[LOG 23:33:39.899] 3/18/2017 11:33:39 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Vessel Change from 'Gemini 2' to 'Bob Kerman'
[EXC 23:33:39.900] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:39.921] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:39.943] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:39.971] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.003] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.023] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.050] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.087] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.111] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.131] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.151] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.171] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.191] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.217] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.238] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.258] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.277] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.297] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.316] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.336] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.356] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.375] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.395] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.414] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.434] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.453] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.473] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.492] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.512] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.532] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.551] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.571] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.593] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.612] NullReferenceException

• 4 weeks later...

New release, 0.1.9

• Removed EVA fuel code (probably causing those NREs)
On 3/18/2017 at 6:41 PM, Warezcrawler said:

I get some nre's from eva enhancements. I hoped it was just because I had not updated to the latest version (0.1.8).... But sadly is did not solve the NRE's....

I don't know if this log segment is sufficient. If it is not, here is the full log. I hope the fix is simple.

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 23:33:39.800] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Bob Kerman ---------------------- 
[LOG 23:33:39.801] EVAEnhancements:onVesselSwitching: from: Mk1 Command Pod   to: Bob Kerman
[LOG 23:33:39.802] Detected switch from mk1pod (Vessel) to kerbalEVA (Bob Kerman) (Vessel). Request camera stabilization.
[LOG 23:33:39.805] EVAEnhancements:onVesselSwitching: from: Mk1 Command Pod   to: Bob Kerman
[LOG 23:33:39.805] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Bob Kerman
[WRN 23:33:39.813] [Part]: kerbalEVA (Bob Kerman) holds crew but has no interior model defined!
[LOG 23:33:39.816] Fix camera focus while keeping its position
[LOG 23:33:39.819] [KRnD] updating vessel 'Bob Kerman'
[ERR 23:33:39.819] [KRnD] updatePart(kerbalEVA (Bob Kerman)): System.Exception: no original-stats for part 'kerbalEVA'
  at KRnD.KRnD.updatePart (.Part part, KRnD.KRnDUpgrade upgradesToApply) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 23:33:39.821] NullReferenceException
[LOG 23:33:39.850] [CHATR] Capsule starts the exchange...
[LOG 23:33:39.851] 3/18/2017 11:33:39 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel changed - resetting inqueue flag
[EXC 23:33:39.854] NullReferenceException
[LOG 23:33:39.865] 3/18/2017 11:33:39 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Removing DrawGUI from PostRender Queue
[EXC 23:33:39.876] NullReferenceException
[LOG 23:33:39.885] 3/18/2017 11:33:39 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Adding DrawGUI to PostRender Queue
[LOG 23:33:39.886] 3/18/2017 11:33:39 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Skipping version check
[LOG 23:33:39.899] 3/18/2017 11:33:39 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Vessel Change from 'Gemini 2' to 'Bob Kerman'
[EXC 23:33:39.900] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:39.921] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:39.943] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:39.971] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.003] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.023] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.050] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.087] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.111] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.131] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.151] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.171] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.191] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.217] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.238] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.258] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.277] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.297] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.316] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.336] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.356] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.375] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.395] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.414] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.434] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.453] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.473] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.492] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.512] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.532] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.551] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.571] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.593] NullReferenceException
[EXC 23:33:40.612] NullReferenceException

@Warezcrawler Please ping me when you post, otherwise I might miss reports (like I missed this one)

Let me know if the new release fixes it.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.9

• Removed EVA fuel code (probably causing those NREs)

@Warezcrawler Please ping me when you post, otherwise I might miss reports (like I missed this one)

Let me know if the new release fixes it.

@linuxgurugamer sorry about not pinging you... Didn't consider it necessary, but thinking about it I see your point.

Just did some EVA's, and I cannot say the error is not there, but it haven't popped the last hour or so, and that is definitely and good sign. Thanks for the support.

• 1 month later...

I've been having issues with the controls locking up when I attempt an EVA.  The kerbal exits, game switches focus to kerbal who is now hanging outside the modules airlock, and all of a sudden my controls do nothing.  No indication of my keypresses even being detected, the only exception I found was f3, not even escape works anymore.

I also tried clicking some of the buttons on the altimeter, and they do not register.  I can get SOME of the toolbar icons to register, but nothing useful.

I used to have a similar problem prior to installing this mod, but back then I could use '[' or ']' to quickly switch focus to the ship and back to the kerbal again, and I got the controls back.  But ever since I installed this mod, even those keys don't work.  The only remedy was to alt-f4, and hope the last autosave was recent.  Even f5 and f9 no longer work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Linux,
one small thing here... when EVA Enhancements is installed, the main menu game setting "EVA's auto rotate to camera" doesn't work anymore. The function (indicated by SAS light on EVA when RCS is on) is always off and needs to activated by pressing T while on EVA. A little bit annoying. (EDIT: To be more precise, after EVA the SAS light is on, but when pressing SPACE and then R it goes off and the kerbal doesn't auto rotate into the camera when pressing WASD - however, without EVA Enhancements this function stays on, when it is enabled in the main menu settings.)
I think I maybe found the cause for that. EVA Enhancements always initializes this feature as off in line 30. On the other hand the state will be written in line 113.
Could that maybe be initialized by the game setting instead of "false"? Like (bool rotateOnMove = GameSettings.EVA_ROTATE_ON_MOVE; )

However I don't know if it's really that easy. If you try/change it, can I use that also on KSP1.3.0?
BR
Jebs

Edited by Jebs_SY

4 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

Hey Linux,
one small thing here... when EVA Enhancements is installed, the main menu game setting "EVA's auto rotate to camera" doesn't work anymore. The function (indicated by SAS light on EVA when RCS is on) is always off and needs to activated by pressing T while on EVA. A little bit annoying. (EDIT: To be more precise, after EVA the SAS light is on, but when pressing SPACE and then R it goes off and the kerbal doesn't auto rotate into the camera when pressing WASD - however, without EVA Enhancements this function stays on, when it is enabled in the main menu settings.)
I think I maybe found the cause for that. EVA Enhancements always initializes this feature as off in line 30. On the other hand the state will be written in line 113.
Could that maybe be initialized by the game setting instead of "false"? Like (bool rotateOnMove = GameSettings.EVA_ROTATE_ON_MOVE; )

However I don't know if it's really that easy. If you try/change it, can I use that also on KSP1.3.0?
BR
Jebs

I will take a look.

It most likely will work on 1.3.0.  If the game loads without crashing , it should be fine

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.