[1.12.x] Kerbal Launch Failure Revived

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you sure it was Kerbal Launch Failure and not Dang It!  ?  KLF doesn't do anything after launch.

Positive, Dang-it not installed and it was the whoop-whoop and flashing warning button of the tool bar to alerted me. I have my max time before failure set to 300 in the KLF settings - would that mean there is still has a change to effect craft even though I'm well in orbit?

• 4 months later...

This mod is killing me!

The stress!

And it hasnt even worked yet!  I don't even know if it is working!  (Running 1.3.1, seems to be)

Coming up on my 50th launch or so, so I know I'm due...

-I know the probabilities, 1 in 50 chance of failure, not every 50th launch.  But can you imagine if it was every 50th launch?    Jeb would be first in line every 50th.  

So feature request:  A button in the settings that enables a guaranteed failure.

Thanks for all the work LGG!  

8 hours ago, Gargamel said:

This mod is killing me!

The stress!

And it hasnt even worked yet!  I don't even know if it is working!  (Running 1.3.1, seems to be)

Coming up on my 50th launch or so, so I know I'm due...

-I know the probabilities, 1 in 50 chance of failure, not every 50th launch.  But can you imagine if it was every 50th launch?    Jeb would be first in line every 50th.  

So feature request:  A button in the settings that enables a guaranteed failure.

Thanks for all the work LGG!  

Just increase the probabilities in the settings to 100%

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Make them higher, the higher they are, the more chance of a failure

Ok I thought they were supposed to be at 5% based on your first post.

turned to 100% and was getting failures.

How does this work with aircraft does it keep re-rolling the chance for failure since I’m in atmosphere or is it a one time per launch roll?

29 minutes ago, HaydenTheKing said:

Ok I thought they were supposed to be at 5% based on your first post.

turned to 100% and was getting failures.

How does this work with aircraft does it keep re-rolling the chance for failure since I’m in atmosphere or is it a one time per launch roll?

Once per launch

I need to add a way to disable this for aircraft, not yet sure how to do that

22 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I need to add a way to disable this for aircraft...

Why?  Aircraft have failures, too.  Plus, it's a great reason to use some sort of ejection/parachute mod.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In 1.4.4 with most recent version of Launch Failure, I've had 2 different craft suffer failures in orbit.  Both occurred long after launch - days later in one case - and happened immediately after switching to the craft.  The second one actually caused the command pod to fail, and I had to reload the game as it was stuck at 0 speed at 80 km and the crewmember was gone.  This one occurred immediately after separating a "Pea" pod in preparation for reentry - and the parachute (only other attached part) continued on its trajectory after the pod froze in place.

On 7/16/2018 at 7:04 PM, Cavscout74 said:

In 1.4.4 with most recent version of Launch Failure, I've had 2 different craft suffer failures in orbit.  Both occurred long after launch - days later in one case - and happened immediately after switching to the craft.  The second one actually caused the command pod to fail, and I had to reload the game as it was stuck at 0 speed at 80 km and the crewmember was gone.  This one occurred immediately after separating a "Pea" pod in preparation for reentry - and the parachute (only other attached part) continued on its trajectory after the pod froze in place.

That is strange, because if you weren't in atmosphere, it won't fail.  However, I can see that if you switched to a vessel in orbit, and then the orbit dipped into the atmosphere, it could possible happen

I did find a problem related to what you described, will release a fix soon.

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That is strange, because if you weren't in atmosphere, it won't fail.  However, I can see that if you switched to a vessel in orbit, and then the orbit dipped into the atmosphere, it could possible happen

I did find a problem related to what you described, will release a fix soon.

I can't remember for sure, it's definitely a good chance I was in the upper atmosphere when it happened.  Looking forward to updating it tonight.  Thanks for all your hard work!

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Skyrunner84 said:

I know this has probably already been asked but I can't find it.... Does this mod play nice with Dangit!? Are there very bad side effects from using these side by side? Maybe some recommended settings for using these mods together?

I wouldn't recommend it.  There shouldn't be any significant interaction, but I have no idea what would happen if both decide to fail the same part at the same time.

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I wouldn't recommend it.  There shouldn't be any significant interaction, but I have no idea what would happen if both decide to fail the same part at the same time.

Ok, I think I have gone away from the Dang it! Idea anyway. I just updated to 1.4.5 and I like it. I am using Oh Scrap along with this (and many more mods). I have had some failures (mostly while simulating with KRASH). I have not had any problems with conflicts so far but I have not played very far in my new save. Are there any known issues with this setup or would it be the same unknows?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.