Jump to content

[1.9.x, 1.10.x] Kerbal Launch Failure Revived


Recommended Posts

Following up the update, I re-tested DivisionByZero issue in 0.4.0 I had with Panther again. Results are same:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ksp-KerbalLaunchFailure/issues/5

I made a Pull Request for it, this little patch is tested with LFO/Jet/Afterburning jet engines and it works.

I hope to get any answer from you, @linuxgurugamer, because it just look like I'm in a blacklist or something like it for some reason, despite trying to help you with fixes/bugs in several mods (like HullcamVDS too). I understand you are busy person with all these 20+ mods on you, but you seem respond to other people around my posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ThirdOfSeven said:

Following up the update, I re-tested DivisionByZero issue in 0.4.0 I had with Panther again. Results are same:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ksp-KerbalLaunchFailure/issues/5

I made a Pull Request for it, this little patch is tested with LFO/Jet/Afterburning jet engines and it works.

I hope to get any answer from you, @linuxgurugamer, because it just look like I'm in a blacklist or something like it for some reason, despite trying to help you with fixes/bugs in several mods (like HullcamVDS too). I understand you are busy person with all these 20+ mods on you, but you seem respond to other people around my posts.

No blacklist, just been busy.

Sorry, I'll look at the present this evening when I get home

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2016 at 8:42 AM, ThirdOfSeven said:

It seems like it happens on any vessel without experimental parts. Have same issue. 0.2 still works.

But I managed to hit something else: I was testing it on Ravenspear MkI (stock) and I've got DivisionByZero while Panther jet engine was failing. So I tried to test it in isolated environment in clean install with craft assembly containing only one Panther, Fuel tanks, Intake and Mk1Inline Cockpit. And it repeats:

[EXC 15:41:51.734] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
        System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[ModuleEngines] (IEnumerable`1 source)
        KerbalLaunchFailure.Failure.PrepareStartingPart ()
        KerbalLaunchFailure.Failure.Run ()
        KerbalLaunchFailure.KerbalLaunchFailureController.RunFailure ()
        KerbalLaunchFailure.KerbalLaunchFailureController.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 15:41:56.801] DivideByZeroException: Division by zero
        KerbalLaunchFailure.Failure.CauseStartingPartFailure ()
        KerbalLaunchFailure.Failure.Run ()
        KerbalLaunchFailure.KerbalLaunchFailureController.RunFailure ()
        KerbalLaunchFailure.KerbalLaunchFailureController.FixedUpdate ()

...

(looks like happens in a loop, so more messages like this)

Digging into the code, blaming ModuleEnginesFX instead of ModuleEngines used in this part.

 

Btw, is there is a way to disable audible and/or visual alarm before failure?

I do apologize, I totally missed this

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Btw, is there is a way to disable audible and/or visual alarm before failure?

Not at this time.  Create an issue on github about it.

New release:  0.4.1

  • Fixed harmless nullref wnen exiting from flight to main menu.  Only happened when mod is disabled
  • Fixed harmless nullref wnen launching.  Only happened when mod is disabled
  • Fixes DivisionByZero when engine has multiple ModuleEngines per part, thanks  @ThirdOfSeven
     
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @linuxgurugamer first thanks for making our spacecrafts fail with style :wink:

But I have an issue with Kerbal Launch Failure, one of my engine fail in space (1400km high). It was a "DERP Radial MonoPropelant Engine" from USI - SrvPack (fortunately I had 4 of them).

Here is a log (sorry lot of mods), I haven't see anythings in it but maybe you will.

I'll try to replicate it with only Kerbal Launch Failure and USI - SrvPack but I'll probably not have the time today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Li0n said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer first thanks for making our spacecrafts fail with style :wink:

But I have an issue with Kerbal Launch Failure, one of my engine fail in space (1400km high). It was a "DERP Radial MonoPropelant Engine" from USI - SrvPack (fortunately I had 4 of them).

Here is a log (sorry lot of mods), I haven't see anythings in it but maybe you will.

I'll try to replicate it with only Kerbal Launch Failure and USI - SrvPack but I'll probably not have the time today.

Don't know if it's related, but I do see several NullRefs in the file, as well as 2 PartLoader errors.  the PartLoader errors are for what appears to be depreciated parts, so if you aren't using them, you may want to delete them and notify the author.  All of the part errors are in WildBlueIndustries directories, and there is a single NullReff in flight from the KSPAlternateResourcePanel.

Another problem with WildBlue is an IndexOutOfRange exception

ContractConfigurtor has an ArgumentException

Finally, GravityTurn had an IsolatedStorageException.

There were others as well.

None of them appears to be an issue with KerbalLaunchFailure (KLF), but, sometimes unobvious things cause remote issues.

A few questions:

Was this a career game?

Was the launch in progress?

It appears that in the log file you switched from one vessel to another.

If it happens again, I've created a debug build with debugging statements here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt44lki44ri8xnh/KerbalLaunchFailure-0.4.1-debug.zip?dl=0

All you need from the file is the DLL, copy it over the one in your save

Link to post
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamer I know I should have deal with those exceptions before bothering you so thanks for looking at my problem.

A brief history of the vessel : the payload consist of two identical comm sat with a separator between.

  1. Launch, orbit, the second stage push the payload to a 4000x1400km orbit
  2. Separation of the payload from the second stage
  3. Separation of the two satellite
  4. Quit KSP, go to sleep
  5. Wake up, launch KSP
  6. Take control of ComSat 1 and get it to its final 5000x5000km orbit
  7. Switch to ComSat 2, start a maneuver and the engine fails (overthrust)

And yes it is a career game.

I downloaded your debug dll and will send you a more detailed log if it ever happen again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Li0n said:
  • Quit KSP, go to sleep
  • Wake up, launch KSP
  • Take control of ComSat 1 and get it to its final 5000x5000km orbit
  • Switch to ComSat 2, start a maneuver and the engine fails (overthrust)

So, the log file does not contain a launch.

Ok.  I'll need to see the log with the debug, it isn't supposed to do failures outside of the atmosphere

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

how does this mod ensure that failures happen only during ascent and not in the later stages of flight (landing on other planets, during docking, during burns and while taking off from another planet)?

EDIT: finally read the whole thread. no need to answer.

Edited by notJebKerman
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Linux, first congrats for your mods, but i actually have a problem with this one, i can't choose anything else than 0% or 100% on the rulers who are on this values (the three first rulers and the "chance of engine failure being underthrust xxx%), and if you could add a "reset to default" button, it would be perfect.

Even when i do an uninstall/ installation of the mod, it have saved the value i selected before uninstall (0 or 100)

Hope you will find a way to fix this bug, and sorry for my bad English

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Boudouyou75 said:

Hello Linux, first congrats for your mods, but i actually have a problem with this one, i can't choose anything else than 0% or 100% on the rulers who are on this values (the three first rulers and the "chance of engine failure being underthrust xxx%), and if you could add a "reset to default" button, it would be perfect.

Even when i do an uninstall/ installation of the mod, it have saved the value i selected before uninstall (0 or 100)

Hope you will find a way to fix this bug, and sorry for my bad English

Thanks

Log file please, and, if possible, could you show a short video  of the problem?

I'll add a feature request re. the reset button

 

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boudouyou75 said:

Hello Linux, do you have any news for my problem?

Try enabling the mod first, in the video, the mod is disabled.

I've just finished up some major bug fixes in other mods, I'll be able to look at this later this evening

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2017 at 0:10 PM, Boudouyou75 said:

Hello Linux, first congrats for your mods, but i actually have a problem with this one, i can't choose anything else than 0% or 100% on the rulers who are on this values (the three first rulers and the "chance of engine failure being underthrust xxx%), and if you could add a "reset to default" button, it would be perfect.

Even when i do an uninstall/ installation of the mod, it have saved the value i selected before uninstall (0 or 100)

Hope you will find a way to fix this bug, and sorry for my bad English

Thanks

This is a KSP bug, apparently introduced in 1.2.2

I've coded around it, the unfortunate side affect is that the parameters will be out-of-order.  

New release now available:  0.4.2

  •     KSP bug on the setting page (in KSP 1.2.2) meant that the percentages couldn't be entered. Recoded to work around bug
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...