On 17.10.2016 at 8:39 AM, TheDestroyer111 said:

Yay, I also feel like the Russian (Soviet maybe?) space things are kind of forgotten about in KSP, while they are, believe me or not, the first people to put a satellite in orbit and the first to put a man into space.

:)

Cooler than a ROSCOSMOS flag: Korolev Kerman could be an advisor in the VAB. Sure it's a last name as a first name, but people would get the reference.

He could be the Kerbal UI to get detailed engineering data regarding your craft (DV per stage, drag coefficients, etc.).

Korolev Kerman for an engineeri UI in the VAB and Kelly Kerman (male Kelly) in the SPH as a nod to Kelly Johnson.  That would put people into nerd-rapture.

Edited by Jonfliesgoats

3 hours ago, Jonfliesgoats said:

Cooler than a ROSCOSMOS flag: Korolev Kerman could be an advisor in the VAB. Sure it's a last name as a first name, but people would get the reference.

He could be the Kerbal UI to get detailed engineering data regarding your craft (DV per stage, drag coefficients, etc.).

Korolev Kerman for an engineeri UI in the VAB and Kelly Kerman (male Kelly) in the SPH as a nod to Kelly Johnson.  That would put people into nerd-rapture.

Kerolev Kerman and Kerolkovsky Kerman :)

On 15.10.2016 at 2:36 AM, Anatoly Nikolaev said:

KSP is not only about exploration, but about orbit supply and engineering too.

Roscosmos deployed one of two existing global satellite navigation systems (GLONASS). It supply the ISS by crew and resources, deliver rocket engines for american Atlas III to help USA launch their probes... if all of this activities are not an "significant efforts", a have nothing to say anymore. 

What about probes sent to Venus?

IMO we should also have flags from Chinese and Indian space agencies.

19 hours ago, Teilnehmer said:

How about the СССР lettering like this?

Make that "KKKP", then we're talking.

...or maybe not. Silly bedsheet-wearing omniphobes have tarnished 75 % of that letter combination, which is enough that we perhaps should think of something else instead.

Edited by Codraroll

The problem with direct reference to particular programs is that you can't stop.  India, China are good suggestions.  What about Iran or Japan?  What about SpaceX, Blue Origin, ULA, ESA, USAF, Stratolaunch, Lockheed, Boeing, McDonnel Douglas, Consilidated Vultee, Scaled Composites, Bigelow, etc?

I started a thread asking for soviet parts a while back, but I appreciate the difficulties faced by Squad in trying to keep all happy with these references.  Perhaps has DLC?

7 hours ago, Jonfliesgoats said:

The problem with direct reference to particular programs is that you can't stop.  India, China are good suggestions.  What about Iran or Japan?  What about SpaceX, Blue Origin, ULA, ESA, USAF, Stratolaunch, Lockheed, Boeing, McDonnel Douglas, Consilidated Vultee, Scaled Composites, Bigelow, etc?

I started a thread asking for soviet parts a while back, but I appreciate the difficulties faced by Squad in trying to keep all happy with these references.  Perhaps has DLC?

Great suggestion!

Let's include signature / reference part packs ingame! That was actually good idea. Maybe combination packs for the smaller ones / ones with little number of packs?

Get someone at ROSCOSMOS to make some parts, then do something like "asteroid day" with Squad.

I'd frankly prefer some more "generic" nods than specific flags, to be honest. Ie: kerbal versions of that everyone would "get" but would not be NASA, ROSCOSMOS, etc.---that said ROSCOSMOS is pretty generic, given no text, but stylize it to a more kerbal look.

ASA (Aeronautis and Space Administration) in a few flavors, perhaps a "worm" version, etc.

KSA (Kerbal Space Agency---more ESA like)

I'd honestly prefer to lose many of the truly awful flags we have (most anything with text, since any flag with text is Bad Design™), in favor of some national flags that perhaps give a nod to earth nations without actually being earth flags. US-like would be perhaps roughly like the US flag, but minus the stars, or just a couple or something. Russia is already very simple graphically, but perhaps the center stripe is wider or narrower than the others. The CCCP is red with a hollow gold star, and the PRC might be the same red, but with a solid gold star or other generic shape upper left. India a nod to Indian flag, but with just a shape in the center. You get the drill, LIKE real flags, but NOT real flags.

On 15.10.2016 at 7:47 AM, Mikki said:

Squad might ask again, why not? I`m pretty sure they agree.

They didn't even really ask. They just asked for an email address via twitter from a personal twitter account, while the roscosmos website states available telephone and fax contacts. (and a snailmail adress).

A simple fax with a correct and formal header indicating that the question comes from a sciency game developer might have brought the answer.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, DrLicor said:

@DrunkenKerbalnaut, 9gager detected?

Had to Google that. Nope. Just a hilarious little meme I've seen around. I keep a large image on my phone and print 50 copies when I encounter an open printer on wifi. The Sonic down the road still hasn't figured it out. 

As as far as flags go, the more the merrier. Roscosmos is pretty damned cool, too. 

No, this is too hard for all the devs we have now to add in, that requires alot of work.

No just joking, i would really love to see some flags from Russia and the Soviet Union, along with an American flag, because why not? And some Russian inspired rocket parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.