ksp 1.2 error

I tried to update to ksp today and got some errors:

rsync: rename "/cygdrive/c/Kerbal Space Program/Launcher_Data/.output_log.txt.Iyp9cc" -> "Launcher_Data/output_log.txt": Device or resource busy (16) 

and:rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1668) [generator=3.1.2]

rsync exited with code 23: Partial transfer due to error

Can anyone explain what these mean and what I can do to update? 

Looks like uve tried to use the patcher/ launcher, which dont work - welcome to ksp :wink:

depending on how u purchased, easy enough to upgrade through steam, or go to ur store account and downloads section id assume.

uve probly worked it out already :)

While updating, for a second it's showed: {rsync: rename "/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Kerbal Space Program Demo/Launcher_Data/.output_log-txt.1kEsbL"->"Launcher_Data/output_log.txt": Device or resource busy (16)}.

Then, when i try to open <KSP_x64.exe>, it shows: {Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0). Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching editor and platform support versions.}.

What should i do?

Edited by Ama Ram

If you've installed it in a new location then you just need to grab the save files in the KSP/save folder., and copy them to the new install.

However beware if you have mods installed you will need to get the updated 1.2 versions of those. If any mods you've been using are not updated to 1.2 you may get missing crafts if they had parts in those mods.

While updating, for a second it's showed: {rsync: rename "/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Kerbal Space Program Demo/Launcher_Data/.output_log-txt.1kEsbL"->"Launcher_Data/output_log.txt": Device or resource busy (16)}.

Then, when i try to open <KSP_x64.exe>, it shows: {Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0). Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching editor and platform support versions.}.

What should i do?

4 hours ago, Ama Ram said:

What should i do?

Where is your copy of KSP from? How are you updating it?

Guessing its the store launcher/updater since I dont recognise that as been gog or steam. The Launcher/updater doesn't work so you will need to grab the update manually from the store. Not 100% where they are since I've not used that version, but sure someone can advise.

It looks like you're trying to run the Windows version of KSP under Cygwin under Linux? Why not just run the Linux client directly?

If you are on Linux, as it seems you are, try just running the KSP.x86_64 file and see how it behaves. You may have to change its permissions to allow executing it, depending on your desktop that's usually a right click and hit properties sort of thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.