If SQUAD added Gas Planet 2 what would you want the moons to be like?

22 hours ago, Dire_Squid said:

Ya know, not to be condescending, but I 'love' how people give these planets and moons very fancy names.... yet look at KSP, and how all the planets and moons have intentionally derpy names (think "Minions", people).

I wanna see bodies that fit the naming aesthetic, like Farkle, Gub-gub, Steev, etc. :D

I think the Outer Planets Mod did a good job in naming it's planets and moons. In that mod the 4 gas giants are Jool, Sarnus, Urlum and Niedon.

3 hours ago, JacobJHC said:

I think the Outer Planets Mod did a good job in naming it's planets and moons. In that mod the 4 gas giants are Jool, Sarnus, Urlum and Niedon.

I think they may be too close to the real planet names.

All 3 start with the same letter as the real planet, when in stock only 2 out of 7 planets (Moho and Jool) do so, and 2 of the have two first letters match, unlike any stock planet.

10 hours ago, The Aziz said:

E-Venus

Ceres - Dres

Eeloo is basically Europa

They have more in common than you think.

At the moment at least Eeloo isn't really an Europa analog, in the future it might be, but the would make it a moon.

If we count the names of moons, the only one in the with name similar to the real one is the Mun.

Maybe they aren't so bad, but I think at least one could start with an different letter, since first letters are very important our perception of words. 

Part of the problem for me personally may be that in my native language the name of Saturn is "Saturnus"...

22 hours ago, Joonatan1998 said:

At the moment at least Eeloo isn't really an Europa analog, in the future it might be, but the would make it a moon.

It's not if you only look at its position in space. But take a second peek at the surface. Icy, white crust with brown stripes here and there.. Yeh.

But

14 hours ago, obney kerman said:

eeloo should be a moon of GP2

Isn't it what one of the planet packs do?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.