Read the topic Before giving Answers please.  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the both ideas

• I like them , and i would like to see them on KSP
    • I don't really like them
    • I only like the Recover Delay one
    • I only like the Recover Cut scene one
  2. 2. >(IF You are)< a Developer,mod maker,etc.. and you had the power and time to do this idea would you do it?

• Yeah! Of Course this idea is Brilliant!
    • I dont really want to do this idea i dont find it intresting
    • (Skip the question) = None of the above

"I once got lost in the ocean , nobody knew about me until 3 weeks later when Gene Kerman checked the Ongoing Missions list"

-Jebediah Kerman-

Oh My i landed back in the ocean from my trip to Duna , and i don't know how the hell can the KSC recover my ship from every single part in the planet, and in the same time that looks unrealistic to me . so after the KSC Managed to recover me with Magic . i came up with this idea.

PRESENTING... THE ULTIMATE IDEA.... 

.... THE RECOVER DELAY! , CUTSCENE

Well you may ask what the hell am i even thinking , this isn't a Adventure game or something but anyways i will explain both:

1- THE RECOVER DELAY

You might already know what it means , but i will explain anyways . So for example : You finished your mission and your coming back to kerbin , you success in reentry and you land somewhere . for example you landed at the ocean NEAR KSC and when you press the RECOVER button it. Skips time 1 Hour later . and if you landed somewhere like in the antartic or something it skips 5 hours later or so on. 

Why i think this idea is smart because in real life during the Apollo Missions. The astronauts inside the capsule had to wait for the boats to recover them . Which takes them a while. Anyways into the Next idea.

2- THE RECOVER CUTSCENE

Oh wow if squad ever does this . They are going to need some animators. But anyways , even though this might not get in the game or anyone would do it as a mod. Im going to explain it . So Basically : You finished your mission , you success in reentry , and you successfully land in the ocean . what happens when you press the recover button , Is that it shows a Cutscene where a boat is coming to rescue you , Which only lasts for 5 Seconds or so. And when you land on LAND a cutscene appears which it shows a Plane or a Jeep coming to rescue you , Which also lasts for 5 Seconds too. i figure out this might be a good idea , But if squad is going to do it . they probably need some animators.

So this is all i got thanks for reading this please make this true!

... Cough Cough

-Taco Kerman- 

15 / Oktober / Year 114

Edited by Space_taco

I like the recovery delay idea, cut scenes though I see as a bit pointless, especially as once you've seen it twice you just want to skip if anyway.

As for the recovery delay...  Rather than time automatically skipping forwards I think it should just give a pop up message that says 'ETA back at KSC approximately xx hours', it could then resume the game and another message pops up on arrival with the recovery bonus info etc.

Players that want to could time warp anyway, but there is less risk of accidentally missing a crucial burn etc.  Or perhaps a 'Warp to KSC arrival' button could be added to the 'ETA' message.

I mean, if you actually want to "recover" your Kerbalnauts, nothing is stopping you from not hitting the magical "recover" button and instead actually building a boat and/or plane to go physically rescue them and bring them back to the KSC, which of course would take time, causing a "delay" while they are getting rescued.

I think removing or disabling the "recover" button as a difficulty option when starting a new game would be an interesting choice for experienced or purist players.

31 minutes ago, pandaman said:

I like the recovery delay idea, cut scenes though I see as a bit pointless, especially as once you've seen it twice you just want to skip if anyway.

As for the recovery delay...  Rather than time automatically skipping forwards I think it should just give a pop up message that says 'ETA back at KSC approximately xx hours', it could then resume the game and another message pops up on arrival with the recovery bonus info etc.

Players that want to could time warp anyway, but there is less risk of accidentally missing a crucial burn etc.  Or perhaps a 'Warp to KSC arrival' button could be added to the 'ETA' message.

that sounds interesting

28 minutes ago, Jonfliesgoats said:

What about just not having access to that Kerbal for a while?  Say the Kerbal's status is changed to "recovering" for some amount of time after a distant landing?  Cut scenes may get a little tedious after a while.

Yeah thats probably going to be a smart thing for the kerbal status to be changed

I think the OPs idea is to have some incentive to recover crews more accurately.  Right now, you're good if you can get them anywhere on Kerbin alive.  Aside from relatively small changes in cost due to distance, there is not much motivation to get accurate with recoveries after you already have spent money on multiple stage rockets.

Your poll requires voting on the developer only question, even if you are not a developer.

I think recovery times make sense, as does anything that adds "time" to the game. I would also add a cost in FUNDS for recovery.

I'd do this:

Replace "recover" with a button that has 2 different color options. Within XX km of KSC, it's what we have now, any farther and the button is a different color. The different colored version represents "remote recovery."

Once recover is selected with the "remote recovery" color (i.e.: far from KSC), the craft gets treated as a physicsless on-rails movement at some rate (30 km/hr?) to KSC (as the crow flies along the surface, just a great-circle line to KSC). The cost in funds is per km (very low per km). When it arrives the craft is left in the grass nearby.

The player can warp it to recovery, or go do something else if they wish, then come back to it.

This would immediately make time a thing in KSP as most recoveries are remote.

6 minutes ago, tater said:

Your poll requires voting on the developer only question, even if you are not a developer.

I think recovery times make sense, as does anything that adds "time" to the game. I would also add a cost in FUNDS for recovery.

I'd do this:

Replace "recover" with a button that has 2 different color options. Within XX km of KSC, it's what we have now, any farther and the button is a different color. The different colored version represents "remote recovery."

Once recover is selected with the "remote recovery" color (i.e.: far from KSC), the craft gets treated as a physicsless on-rails movement at some rate (30 km/hr?) to KSC (as the crow flies along the surface, just a great-circle line to KSC). The cost in funds is per km (very low per km). When it arrives the craft is left in the grass nearby.

The player can warp it to recovery, or go do something else if they wish, then come back to it.

This would immediately make time a thing in KSP as most recoveries are remote.

In my Poll i wrote " if you were" . not saying necessarily to be a developer

2 minutes ago, Space_taco said:

In my Poll i wrote " if you were" . not saying necessarily to be a developer

It will not accept any vote without also voting on the second issue.

You need to add a third option to the second poll: "I'm not a mod developer."

Edited by tater

Just now, Space_taco said:

Well if you want to vote your welcome vote if you don't just dont

im not forcing you to do it

so feel free to do whatever you want

Sigh.

You have a poll set up that REQUIRES anyone voting to also vote on the second issue. This is why 100% answered the first option on the 2d question. 

7 minutes ago, tater said:

It will not accept any vote without also voting on the second issue.

You need to add a third option. "I'm not a mod developer."

In addition, given that they are check boxes, the first question could be reduced to two check boxes; "I like idea 1, the delay" and "I like idea 2, the cut scene" 

can we stop getting off the topic please?

:(

2 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

In addition, given that they are check boxes, the first question could be reduced to two check boxes; "I like idea 1, the delay" and "I like idea 2, the cut scene" 

yeah i know but i dont want to force people into choosing them so i gave out a variety

While we're on the subject: Add an additional recovery building.
Tier 1: Basic recovery. Slow, low return on recovered parts.
Tier 2: Improved land recovery. Faster land recovery and higher return on parts.
Tier 3: Same as Tier 2 but for water.

1 minute ago, Tex_NL said:

Tier 2: Improved land recovery. Faster land recovery and higher return on parts.

hmph i am thinking to myself why didn't i come up with this earlier

Good idea

Stay smart

1 minute ago, Space_taco said:

hmph i am thinking to myself why didn't i come up with this earlier

Good idea

Stay smart

The hive-mind is smarter than the individual drone. Nobody is perfect.

(Don't mind me. I am nobody. :P)

10 minutes ago, Space_taco said:

can we stop getting off the topic please?

:(

yeah i know but i dont want to force people into choosing them so i gave out a variety

That's why I picked all four of them! :D

Anyway, to stay on topic. It is a good idea. I like @Tex_NL's suggestion. Of course, he's Dutch, brilliant ideas come natural with those freaks.

5 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

That's why I picked all four of them! :D

Anyway, to stay on topic. It is a good idea. I like @Tex_NL's suggestion. Of course, he's Dutch, brilliant ideas come natural with those freaks.

Oooh thats why!

btw my brain is like a prehistoric ape brain

so i need some time to come up with stuff

Edited by Space_taco

13 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

Water recovery should not be higher than tier 2, though. The Soviets used land recovery solely because they didn't have a first rate navy, and were worried about "enemies" recovering their spacecraft (they even had explosives on craft to prevent them from falling into western hands).

I can see naval for tier 3 simply due to cost, I suppose (you need to have ships basically everywhere).

As for faster recovery... there is a limit to how fast you could recover, and it gets complicated as soon as you are on a different continent, because then ships would be required (and might always be depending on size).

i think the time should be distance related, except for stuff right near KSC (an incentive to land back on the runway).

Perhaps recovery upgrades would unlock centers elsewhere on kerbin, and those would have the same recovery radius as KSC. What would be really cool would be the ability to place recovery zones for some cost, but I have no idea if that is possible. What if there were 2 parts that could be placed anywhere on Kerbin. One type is a ship (with a helo pad on deck), there other a building of some sort. They would be VERY expensive. Hundreds of thousands of funds or more. They would each have a substantial radius, and anything that lands within that is recovered as if it landed at KSC.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.