KSP 1.2 freezes during load since update

Since I updated KSP to V1.2, it loads all the way until it reaches the file "Spaces/PodCockpit/Internal/PodCockpit" asset.
Then it stands there forever.

RAM usage at this point is about 1 GB and I have still plenty of RAM free.
Same happens with x64 version at the same moment during loading.

Before the update from V1.1.2 to 1.2 I was able to run it in x86 and x64 mode with a couple of mods without problems.
Oddly enough, it loaded exactly once after I made a completely fresh, unmodded install.
But the problem recurred after starting it a second time and has since the exact same problem as described above.

The output_log file does not give any immediate clue what's going wrong. - at least not for me.

http://pastebin.com/vfeyG5AZ

Can someone help here?
I have found some similar topics with google, but no reliable solution was given in any of those.

I'm running Win7 x64 on my laptop (it's not my gaming PC)
4 GB RAM
2x 2.13 GHz Intel Core2Duo CPU
nVidia GT 230M with 512 MB dedicated VRAM

Edited by Cairol

Addition:

I did some testing and it's the case that the game loads fine when I start it via the Steam launcher.
But whenever I start it by using the KSP.exe or KSP_x64.exe directly, it stops during loading as described in my last post.
It's ok to know the workaround. But I still would like to know why this behaves differently.

I actually found a corrupted file with the Steam Local Files checker.
But it did not solve the issue.

@Cairol, there seems to be something odd about your install.

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Windows\system32\KSP.log" is denied.
UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Windows\system32\PartDatabase.cfg" is denied.

These files should never be in C:\Windows\system32\

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.