New Kerbal class: Medics

colmo

1 hour ago, Jenyaza said:

Good if "sickness" can be switch off, because it looks like random failture.

Good point!

And I think people would like to play with "energy" by itself.

You know what...

...all types of injuries/sickness type should just have its own .dll so people can just delete what they don't want.

51 minutes ago, colmo said:

If the API for the difficulty settings is now easy accessible, there's a few ideas here that could be configured using a slider. That was we can modify to taste.

Sorry totally missed your post here on the second page...

...two pages already! Wow!

And yes that would be very cool to have.

Do you know if any mods that add custom items to the difficulty settings that I could reference.

(Due to that fact that I have know idea what I'm doing, I'm looking at how other pieces of code are written to try and figure out out

(anyone know of any good tutorials on plugin writing? I can't find anything!)

Edited by BT Industries

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2016 at 9:33 AM, SchwinnTropius said:

Probably a little late to the party with this idea, but if Modules can be added to Kerbals, then it shouldn't be too hard to write a Module that consumes a health resource like probe cores drain ElectricCharge but with much slower rates.

This is pretty much what I'm trying to do...

Along with Medics having a Health Generator Module and certain instances deducting health from the Kerbal.

On 11/7/2016 at 8:14 AM, Benji13 said:

Just want to say that this would be the most spectacular mod if it is made well. Keep going and good luck!

I'll need it!!!

On 11/19/2016 at 4:42 AM, TheEpicSquared said:

I'll be following this closely! Keep up the good work guys! :) 

I'd love to help but I know absolutely nothing about modding....

Thanks!!!

You know what...

Maybe I should ask someone who can already code to help....

They could do it much quicker....

If you are looking for a dedicated, experienced coder (In VS and Unity at least) for this mod, I might be able to look into taking this to a full mod in January if you haven't found someone (or taught yourself BT Industries!) by that time :wink:

11 hours ago, Ketaz said:

I LOVE this! Kerbals SHOULD get ill and injured and gives us more things to think about and in general more of a challenge.

Glad you agree!!!

On 11/23/2016 at 5:37 PM, LuciferNZ said:

If you are looking for a dedicated, experienced coder (In VS and Unity at least) for this mod, I might be able to look into taking this to a full mod in January if you haven't found someone (or taught yourself BT Industries!) by that time :wink:

The Savior is here!!!

I gladly accept your offer!!!

On 11/23/2016 at 1:37 AM, LuciferNZ said:

Yes please! We neeeeeed this.

• 1 month later...

Hello, New to the forums, not sure if this is relevant, but you were talking about attaching Modules to Kerbals, I found this on the BDArmory FPS thread.

On 10/18/2016 at 10:02 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi all, Some of you may be aware that it is is now possible to add modules to  EVA kerbals via a module manager cfg.  This obviously deserved an investigation to see if it could be utilised for BD FPS.  The obvious module choice for us are those included in the back pack, so i started with module missile fire , which as you may know is actually the main controlling module for most of BDAc and vital to the functioning of every weapon on or off Kerbin ( not talking stock kinetic type weapons for any pedants looking in)  As a straight forward module implant there's nothing fancy about the patch, nothing special needs to be done elsewhere. So having loaded all the most angry militant kerbs i could find into a transport i took them off to the range.  First test, weapon selection and activation, just like the good old days a click on the weapon toggle and it activates and fires no problem at all, but the first snag,  rapidly diminishing ammo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for my long absence from the forums...

@LuciferNZ How are you currently going?

Ready to get to work?

Or maybe you want to work in collaboration with @garwel ?

I tried to dive into this again and got no other there by myself...

Remember to look through all of the discussion on this page...

I and many others have pulled together quite a bit of information you might find useful.

• 1 year later...

@BT Industries this link A Kerbal Medic and Injuries Mod is coming!!! Its cruel but could be fun   is wrong i think! or social network thing?

On 1/25/2017 at 9:00 AM, garwel said:

collision damage or Medics class yet, but it is a planned feature

collision damage that sounds so sick cool

sounds like a bundled power of kerbal krash system & kerbal health cant even imagine right now

a health bar would be very cool may u can use the G-Force meter like displaybar in the portrait left

very cool mod btw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.