[1.9-1.10] Configurable Containers

allista

On 10/6/2017 at 5:16 PM, Kerbinidiel said:

hi, awesome mod, very usefull!

is possible to use it with the "solaris Hypernautics" fuel tanks?

in particular, i love the 2 spherical fuel tanks of that mod, but they are only a "dust containers" and it will be awesome to be able to use with other thinks, like fuel or water etc...

i dont know how your mod works and if it need only a little config file or a long work of coding to use it with the solaris hipernautics...

I'll try to make the patch as soon as they're updated to 1.3.1

1 hour ago, allista said:

I'll try to make the patch as soon as they're updated to 1.3.1

ty for merging my RP too (the snacks/soil one), finally they are able to be stored without having extra-extra-parts :)

soil needs this values tho:

@TANKTYPE[Soil]:NEEDS[Snacks] // has same values as Snacks - arb
+{
+	@UsefulVolumeRatio = 0.95
+	@TankCostPerSurface = 2
+	@PossibleResources ^= :$: Soil 1;:
+}

because from design snacks/soil weight the same

Soil will get the UsefulVolumeRatio at 1.0 not 0.95 .. there is a discrepancy:

name = Food
	UsefulVolumeRatio = 0.95 //cargo needs additional fixation and compartmetalization
	TankCostPerSurface = 2 //pressurized
	AddMassPerVolume = 0.003

Edited by LatiMacciato

33 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

ty for merging my RP too (the snacks/soil one), finally they are able to be stored without having extra-extra-parts :)

soil needs this values tho:

@TANKTYPE[Soil]:NEEDS[Snacks] // has same values as Snacks - arb
+{
+	@UsefulVolumeRatio = 0.95
+	@TankCostPerSurface = 2
+	@PossibleResources ^= :$: Soil 1;:
+}

because from design snacks/soil weight the same

Soil will get the UsefulVolumeRatio at 1.0 not 0.95 .. there is a discrepancy:

name = Food
	UsefulVolumeRatio = 0.95 //cargo needs additional fixation and compartmetalization
	TankCostPerSurface = 2 //pressurized
	AddMassPerVolume = 0.003

Should they weight the same, or have the same amount per tank?

I cannot afford the changes to the common tank type that affect many parts and resources, so either you'll have to bear with that discrepancy, or to adjust the tank config (the second file) accordingly, to keep things in balance.

9 minutes ago, allista said:

Should they weight the same, or have the same amount per tank?

I cannot afford the changes to the common tank type that affect many parts and resources, so either you'll have to bear with that discrepancy, or to adjust the tank config (the second file) accordingly, to keep things in balance.

basicially both, if I have a snacks radial container and fill it with pure soil it weights the same as with pure snacks, same weight applies with mixed mode (snacks and soil).

I assume the concept is to have simple LS stuff applied, so implenting next to rather complicated other LS stuff is not easy, i understand that .. a possible solution is to have the soil from snacks at last type in the list.

Alternately create a second Food tank .. just for soil, but then we could simplyfy it by creating a whole tank just for snacks/soil which doesnt interfer with existing tanks but might step out of the line with having food/soil categories.

I'd appreciate any of your decisions, just wanted to state out Snacks' concept is basicly very easy but hard to impülent next to existing resources.

Ty for your work!

Edited by LatiMacciato

Hi all -
It is me, a user of mods for KSP. [grin] - currently moving from 1.3 to 1.3.1 and it would seem that the 1.3 of Configurable Containers seems to not allow for LFO in the tanks in 1.3.1?

What I mean, is that when I add a stock pod [mk1], a stock LFO tank [FL-T100] and a stock engine [LV-T45].  There are not sliders for the tank.  When I remove the folder for Configurable Containers the sliders and contents return.

Did I miss a conversion or a patch for this?

4 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Hi all -
It is me, a user of mods for KSP. [grin] - currently moving from 1.3 to 1.3.1 and it would seem that the 1.3 of Configurable Containers seems to not allow for LFO in the tanks in 1.3.1?

What I mean, is that when I add a stock pod [mk1], a stock LFO tank [FL-T100] and a stock engine [LV-T45].  There are not sliders for the tank.  When I remove the folder for Configurable Containers the sliders and contents return.

Did I miss a conversion or a patch for this?

There's still no version of CC (or other my mods) for KSP-1.3.1.

I hope I could make a release tomorrow.

But my new job takes almost all my time now + I'll have a baby in a week or so :cool:

So don't expect much new features :confused:

1 hour ago, allista said:

But my new job takes almost all my time now + I'll have a baby in a week or so :cool:

Oh.. no worries, I just always assume that I made a mistake and missed an important post or memo.

10 hours ago, allista said:

I'll have a baby in a week or so :cool:

Congratulations!  I was thinking about writing a couple of mods until I had one of those myself! :)  Definitely take up all your spare time, but very much worth it!

13 hours ago, allista said:

congatolaition

if your baby will be like my, maybe you'll have more time
i was on the night sift whit the baby
walking most of the night to get her to sleep on my hands
doing stops in front of the computer to play master of Orion 3 :)

but unlike you, my baby got delivered the night i told my wife i`m quieting my job
so i was at home for ~30 days until i started working :)

39 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

Think Roverdude might be interested in just doing rebuild and release (no coding) while your hands are full?

I'll make a rebuild release tonight. It all depends on the changes in AT_Utils.

Good luck - knowing you're having a baby enter your lives is one thing, but the actuality is incredible.  My intent was not to ask for an update, but instead that you do not worry about time here: you can always get someone to help out with a rebuild/re-release,  time with fam is more important. :-)

correct me if I'm wrong but this mod is currently not working with 1.3.1 and causing crashes, yes?  It seems to be, but just wanted to confirm.. will wait for your rebuild against 1.3.1 assuming that's the case...?

On 10/28/2017 at 2:43 PM, allista said:

Congratulations, hope all goes well

So, I've rebuilt a few KSP modules in my day.. I'm a relatively experienced programmer but not with mono, C#, or visual studio in general... tried to rebuild AT_Utils and CC in VS2017, I get a lot of undefined references... I've included references to everything in KSP_x64_Data/Managed/ like usual, but.. no dice.  If anyone knows the secret to getting the build to work, I'm happy to run one and post the results, but I'm kind of puzzled by some of these object dereferencing errors... Allista seems to use a .csproj instead of a 'solution' file which is a bit different from the others I've built.

3 hours ago, ss8913 said:

So, I've rebuilt a few KSP modules in my day.. I'm a relatively experienced programmer but not with mono, C#, or visual studio in general... tried to rebuild AT_Utils and CC in VS2017, I get a lot of undefined references... I've included references to everything in KSP_x64_Data/Managed/ like usual, but.. no dice.  If anyone knows the secret to getting the build to work, I'm happy to run one and post the results, but I'm kind of puzzled by some of these object dereferencing errors... Allista seems to use a .csproj instead of a 'solution' file which is a bit different from the others I've built.

I do use a solution file that includes all my mods' csproj files, but I never came about to make a repo for that stuff, since solution is little more than na set of projects and I can always recreate it from scratch. That's not a good practice, I know, but then I too have never had any experience with C# and the ridiculously tight connections with IDE it has, before KSP that is.

The thing you've probably missed is that AT_Utils includes several other repos as submodules; these include CC. So you need to clone AT_Utils with submodules and set inter-module dependencies. Better yet, let me post the solution file when I'm home :rolleyes:

19 hours ago, allista said:

I do use a solution file that includes all my mods' csproj files, but I never came about to make a repo for that stuff, since solution is little more than na set of projects and I can always recreate it from scratch. That's not a good practice, I know, but then I too have never had any experience with C# and the ridiculously tight connections with IDE it has, before KSP that is.

The thing you've probably missed is that AT_Utils includes several other repos as submodules; these include CC. So you need to clone AT_Utils with submodules and set inter-module dependencies. Better yet, let me post the solution file when I'm home :rolleyes:

please do :)  Hopefully all I need to do is import the right resources and push F6 to build a new .dll .... I have found, in the meantime, that if you install MKS, it seems that you can remove configurablecontainers-core and AT_Utils and MKS still works.  Not sure what functionality I'm missing by not using CC-core, but I haven't run into it yet.  CKAN however enforces CC-core as an MKS dependency.

5 hours ago, ss8913 said:

please do :)  Hopefully all I need to do is import the right resources and push F6 to build a new .dll .... I have found, in the meantime, that if you install MKS, it seems that you can remove configurablecontainers-core and AT_Utils and MKS still works.  Not sure what functionality I'm missing by not using CC-core, but I haven't run into it yet.  CKAN however enforces CC-core as an MKS dependency.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llrk48k86wcz8z5/AT_KSP_Plugins.sln?dl=0

thanks!  still not able to get AT_Utils to build, though, it seems related to:

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error    CS0246    The type or namespace name 'IConfigNode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    AT_Utils    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\downloads\AT_Utils-master\AT_Utils-master\Configuration\ConfigNodeObjects.cs    16    Active

I've looked through every available assembly and I can *not* find where IConfigNode is defined... KSP docs seem to indicate that it's some kind of built-in, but.. none of the assemblies that come with KSP seem to define this..?  Opening Assembly-CSharp in the object browser clearly shows it right there, but I'm getting a metric ton (877) errors trying to build AT_Utils with this and other 'undefined' references which are clearly defined...

well, seems to be a result of:

Warning        The primary reference "Assembly-CSharp" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly "System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. ".NETFramework,Version=v2.0". To resolve this problem, either remove the reference "Assembly-CSharp" or retarget your application to a framework version which contains "System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089".    AT_Utils            

System/System.Core that come with VS are version 2.0.0.0, and the versions that come with KSP are 3.4.0.0 ... not sure where the 3.5 comes from but..?  I can build AGExt just fine, btw, which is also one of yours.. but it seems to have a separate .sln, although I can't see why that matters..?  Please excuse all the questions, I'm trying to learn something here since these modules don't seem to fit the pattern of the other modules I've rebuilt with VS2017.  and, as I said, very new to C#/mono/visual studio..

Edited by ss8913

4 hours ago, ss8913 said:

Error    CS0246    The type or namespace name 'IConfigNode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    AT_Utils    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\downloads\AT_Utils-master\AT_Utils-master\Configuration\ConfigNodeObjects.cs    16    Active

I've looked through every available assembly and I can *not* find where IConfigNode is defined... KSP docs seem to indicate that it's some kind of built-in, but.. none of the assemblies that come with KSP seem to define this..?  Opening Assembly-CSharp in the object browser clearly shows it right there, but I'm getting a metric ton (877) errors trying to build AT_Utils with this and other 'undefined' references which are clearly defined...

well, seems to be a result of:

Warning        The primary reference "Assembly-CSharp" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly "System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. ".NETFramework,Version=v2.0". To resolve this problem, either remove the reference "Assembly-CSharp" or retarget your application to a framework version which contains "System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089".    AT_Utils            

System/System.Core that come with VS are version 2.0.0.0, and the versions that come with KSP are 3.4.0.0 ... not sure where the 3.5 comes from but..?  I can build AGExt just fine, btw, which is also one of yours.. but it seems to have a separate .sln, although I can't see why that matters..?  Please excuse all the questions, I'm trying to learn something here since these modules don't seem to fit the pattern of the other modules I've rebuilt with VS2017.  and, as I said, very new to C#/mono/visual studio..

Which version of Visual Studio are you using? I think the latest VS 2017 supports .NET Framework 4.6.1 and therefore 3.5.

39 minutes ago, garwel said:

Which version of Visual Studio are you using? I think the latest VS 2017 supports .NET Framework 4.6.1 and therefore 3.5.

I'm using Ubuntu and Monodevelop :cool:

No .NET here at all.

4 hours ago, ss8913 said:

IConfigNode is in AssemblyCSharp.dll from KSP_Data/Managed

On 30.10.2017 at 4:43 PM, allista said:

I'm sure mine will too :cool:

Don't wake up the dragons!

I did it with my nephew(8)... and now i am on a personal quest how to get a toaster to use all the modes he will have:confused:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.