[1.9-1.10] Configurable Containers

allista

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎27 at 3:32 AM, allista said:

Is the SpareParts resource used by any other mod than Dangit? Just to add the :NEEDS stanza to MM patch.

I am not sure...  There was some traffic about making dangit and USI work better together, but I think the end result was to make the spareparts be made on site with the USI work shops.  I would have to go back and re read all that as it is a bit vague now.  but as a short answer, I think Dangit is the only one to really use them.

Unsure if that fits CC but I hope thats not too cheaty to add this little tweak when having MKS installed:

// implented as ./ConfigurableContainers/MKS_Patch.cfg
// adds ground tether and warehouse functionality to all non-command parts that became a CC tank

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleTankManager],!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[KolonyTools]:FINAL
{
	MODULE { name = USI_InertialDampener } // add ground tether
	MODULE { name = USI_ModuleResourceWarehouse } // is a warehouse
}

I wouldn't mind if such feature can be added as option in the custom settings window also to loose some of the cheaty flavor.

looking forward for feedback!

Edited by LatiMacciato

11 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

Unsure if that fits CC but I hope thats not too cheaty to add this little tweak when having MKS installed:

// adds ground tether and warehouse functionality to all non-command parts that became a CC tank

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleTankManager],!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[KolonyTools]:FINAL
{
}

I wouldn't mind if such feature can be added as option in the custom settings window also to loose some of the cheaty flavor.

looking forward for feedback!

For robustness I would use MODULE[ModuleTankManger|ModuleSwitchableTank].

And I would ask @RoverDude about this rather than me, because these modules do not interfere with what CC does. That is to say, if it fits USI, then why not.

On 30.3.2018 at 9:40 AM, allista said:

For robustness I would use MODULE[ModuleTankManger|ModuleSwitchableTank].

And I would ask @RoverDude about this rather than me, because these modules do not interfere with what CC does. That is to say, if it fits USI, then why not.

I was not completely sure so I just took "ModuleTankManger" as indicator for all cc-tanks that shall get the ability to become a warehouse, ty for the hint.

I changed my config accordingly:

// doesnt work:
// @PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleTankManager|ModuleSwitchableTank],!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[KolonyTools]:FINAL

// for ModuleTankManger
{
}

// for ModuleSwitchableTank
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleSwitchableTank],!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[KolonyTools]:FINAL
{
}

I hope @RoverDude is ok with that too since it is not too cheaty like there would be added a logistic module, hehe.
(I'm afraid to PM him directly since I know he might just be busy with things .. especially after the last KSP 1.4.2)

EDIT:
I had some testing in KSP 1.4.2 but that doesn't seem to work properly, no matter how I try. After I found out MKS' warehousing doesn't work any MKS-related parts that possibly just need an update by updating KolonyTools.

Feedback is always welcome!

EDIT (yes again):
unsure if that also fits CC but implenting the waste materials of the EL smelter might just be cool since EL has updated. production reciepes can be found here and I assume adding a combo tank with Carbon, CarbonDioxide & CarbonMonoxide also seperated Hydrogen would be cool, to help reducing pollution™

Edited by LatiMacciato
avoiding double-posts etc.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, FrancoisH said:

Hello there,

I don't know how I  could make this a useful report, but with the latest version of KW Rocketry, it's not working... all my KW Rocketry are... empty ! 

output_log.txt ?
This is a problem with MM patch and/or your installation.

@allista On a fresh install with just configurable containers and KW Rocketry, everything's fine... just need to find WHICH is the faulting add-on in my setup...

And I don't have any output_log from Unity, just the KSP one.

// EDIT // 

Made it work... I had to use intrusive patches AND install the AT_Utils from github rather than the download from Spacedock.

Edited by FrancoisH

On 4/12/2018 at 2:39 PM, FrancoisH said:

@allista On a fresh install with just configurable containers and KW Rocketry, everything's fine... just need to find WHICH is the faulting add-on in my setup...

And I don't have any output_log from Unity, just the KSP one.

// EDIT // 

Made it work... I had to use intrusive patches AND install the AT_Utils from github rather than the download from Spacedock.

Pretty strange. I'll have to investigate this one.

Introducing the Feature Wishlist for all my mods.

>>> Feature Wishlist (for all mods) <<<

Rules are simple:

1. Open the spreadsheet,
  2. At the bottom find the tab of a mod,
  3. Look through requested features,
    1. if there's no feature corresponding to your wish, add a record and set the votes to 1
    2. if there is a feature that suits your, vote for it, increasing the number by 1 (please, no cheating, all changes are recorded)
  4. At some point I'll look at the lest and try my best to estimate the work cost of the features and comment on the ones I don't like for some reason.
  5. Then I prioritize them as votes/cost and will use as a guide in the development.

EDIT: to all who use the wishlist, It's very important to describe the feature in detail, otherwise I won't be able to handle it

Edited by allista

3 minutes ago, krautbernd12 said:

I might be missing something here, but CC seems to include support for Near Future Propulsion, but not Near Future Launch Vehicles. Do you have any plans on adding a patch for NFLV's 5 m and 7.5 m tanks or should this be requested via the google docs table?

Nah, here's enough. I'll add it in the next release. Thanks for bringing my attention to it.

BTW, does anyone have the History Expansion? If so, could you share part configs (only configs, in a password protected archive if you're serious about copy rights) so that I could make CC patches for the containers there?

27 minutes ago, allista said:

BTW, does anyone have the History Expansion? If so, could you share part configs (only configs, in a password protected archive if you're serious about copy rights) so that I could make CC patches for the containers there?

Is that even permissable under the new EULA? Has squad ever got around to clarify what is and isn't allowed as of the EULA change?

Edited by krautbernd12

7 minutes ago, krautbernd12 said:

Is that even permissable under the new EULA? Has squad ever got around to clarify what is and isn't allowed as of the EULA change?

Why, the EULA is pretty standard and clearly states that, well, everything is forbidden :D

Anyway, we could always use an end2end encrypted channel to pass anything, which won't qualify as distributing. Telegram, WhatsApp, etc.

1 hour ago, leatherneck6017 said:

It's not like you can just drop cfg's in a folder without the models, etc and have it work. @allista You just need the fuel tank cfg's, right? If so I have a zip I will share with you.

Technically you're right, but the law people don't usually care about technical if the letter of the law (read EULA) is broken.

I am myself from a country where these things matter little if at all; and personally I see much wrong and unjust in the current copyright laws. But who would want to endanger fellow players?

So here's my ricochet id: ricochet:ezvmeusf3dpdvdkb

And here's a way to pass a file along.

Do what you will with it :)

Edited by allista

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
@PART[SXTWingSmall]:HAS[!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]]:NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]
{
    !RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {

}
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleTankManager
        volume = 0.06173 //10.000000 units of LiquidFuel: conversion rate is 0.006173 m3/u
        DoCostPatch = True
        DoMassPatch = True
        IncludeTankTypes = LiquidChemicals
        TANK
        {
            TankType = LiquidChemicals
            CurrentResource = LiquidFuel
            InitialAmount = 1.0
            Volume = 100.0
        }
    }
}
@PART[SXTWingSmallHalf]::HAS[!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]]:NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]
{
    !RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {

}
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleTankManager
        volume = 0.030865 //5.000000 units of LiquidFuel: conversion rate is 0.006173 m3/u
        DoCostPatch = True
        DoMassPatch = True
        TANK
        {
            InitialAmount = 1.0
            Volume = 100.0
        }
    }
}

//warning: volume limit is less than the total volume of preconfigured tanks: -1 -0 = -1

I'm trying to add CC tank-ability to the two wing parts in Stock Extension (SXTWingSmall & SXTWingSmallHalf) using the code structure from the CC Squad patch for the airliner wing, and the values from the FuelWings config. The error at the bottom is what I'm seeing in the console. Are these tanks "too small" to work as CC tanks?

[Edit: the board seemed to eat the first part of my post/question, so I'll add it back here:]

I'm looking to expand CC-enabled tanks to some wings and other structural components, and 

Would the earlier method by @Bit Fiddler to drop an MM config for wings, etc. still work with some tweaks? 

I get some (3) MM errors on load, but I'm not sure where to start fixing.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Beetlecat
board ate my post?

12 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

@PART[SXTWingSmall]:HAS[!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]]:NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]
{
    !RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {

}
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleTankManager
        volume = 0.06173 //10.000000 units of LiquidFuel: conversion rate is 0.006173 m3/u
        DoCostPatch = True
        DoMassPatch = True
        TANK
        {
            InitialAmount = 1.0
            Volume = 100.0
        }
    }
}
@PART[SXTWingSmallHalf]::HAS[!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]]:NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]
{
    !RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {

}
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleTankManager
        volume = 0.030865 //5.000000 units of LiquidFuel: conversion rate is 0.006173 m3/u
        DoCostPatch = True
        DoMassPatch = True
        TANK
        {
            InitialAmount = 1.0
            Volume = 100.0
        }
    }
}

//warning: volume limit is less than the total volume of preconfigured tanks: -1 -0 = -1

I'm trying to add CC tank-ability to the two wing parts in Stock Extension (SXTWingSmall & SXTWingSmallHalf) using the code structure from the CC Squad patch for the airliner wing, and the values from the FuelWings config. The error at the bottom is what I'm seeing in the console. Are these tanks "too small" to work as CC tanks?

First of all, I see a syntax error here: @PART[SXTWingSmallHalf]::HAS -- there is two colons instead of one. I'm not sure what the result of that would be, but that has to be fixed anyway.

Second, attributes are case-sensitive, so "volume" is not equal to "Volume"; thus, your tank managers are configured with the total Volume of -1 (default value) m3, of which 100% goes to the sole TANK.

Excellent -- I was copying from a combination of bit fiddler's code block, and your provided stock patches (for the module exclusions, etc.).

Would both the Name and Volume require capitalization? That would render the entire Stock wings patch code that was shared in error since both attributes are lower case throughout.

I'll do the fixes and see what comes of it! :D

7 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Excellent -- I was copying from a combination of bit fiddler's code block, and your provided stock patches (for the module exclusions, etc.).

Would both the Name and Volume require capitalization? That would render the entire Stock wings patch code that was shared in error since both attributes are lower case throughout.

I'll do the fixes and see what comes of it! :D

Oh, no-no-no, name should be lowercase :D

On 6/18/2018 at 11:31 PM, allista said:

Oh, no-no-no, name should be lowercase :D

HA! Okay -- we'll get this working, yet.

I migrated this troubleshooting over into my test install (far fewer mods, etc.) and now I can't get the CC to show up on my SXT wings at all (even bugged). I'll try to start from scratch when I get a chance.

[edit] -- first bit is working! Hooray!

Next order of business to get the stock wings/etc. lightly fueled: is this an improper way to try to select multiple parts at once?

@PART[sweptWing2, wingConnector, wingConnector2, airlinerTailFin, sweptWing]:HAS[!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]]:NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]

@PART[sweptWing2, wingConnector, wingConnector2, airlinerTailFin, sweptWing]:HAS[!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]]:NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]

I got it working with just sweptWing, but adding just one more causes the MM error.

--

Another [edit] so you can all join me on this journey; Looks like the patches don't like to do math, and this:

Volume = 85 * 0.006173

Needs to instead be this:

Volume = 0.524705 //85 * 0.006173 (Comment left in to show the end result volume)

Now I just need to work through the stock list from FuelWings and re-apply those volumes to (optional) wing tanks. I'll post the results when I'm done.

Edited by Beetlecat

On 6/19/2018 at 2:48 PM, Beetlecat said:

I got it working with just sweptWing, but adding just one more causes the MM error.

Get rid of the spaces after the commas in the part list.

On 6/19/2018 at 2:48 PM, Beetlecat said:

Another [edit] so you can all join me on this journey; Looks like the patches don't like to do math, and this:

Volume = 85 * 0.006173

Needs to instead be this: 

Volume = 0.524705 //85 * 0.006173 (Comment left in to show the end result volume)

You can do it this way.

var1 = 85
var2 = 0.006173
Volume = #$var1$
@Volume *= #$var2$

5 hours ago, CuddlePirate420 said:

Get rid of the spaces after the commas in the part list.

You can do it this way.

var1 = 85
var2 = 0.006173
Volume = #$var1$
@Volume *= #$var2$

Well, that's rather clever!

And thank you for the hint about the spaces. I had led myself down a bad rabbit hole by trying to troubleshoot BitFiddler's conversion, rather than starting from scratch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.