[1.9-1.10] Configurable Containers

allista

10 hours ago, allista said:

You misunderstood me. Or it's me who understood the idea wrong, don't know. I talking about patches to existing parts with existing stock fuel resources which may be converted by  CC so that the resource could be switched withing the tank type. I.e. a stock wing has LF. With CC it also has LF, but it could be switched to Ox or MP; but not to store high-pressure xenon, for example.

Oh -- that makes more sense! I was conflating some ideas, for sure. I totally get the absurdity of storing exotic stuff, so overriding the CC behavior for *those* thanks is good.

Configurable Containers v2.4.0 for KSP 1.2.2 (2016.12.20)

ChangeLog:

Spoiler
  • Compiled against KSP-1.2.2.
  • Added boiloff and active cooling for cryogenic resources based on simple thermodynamics.
  • Added CryoCooling tank type.
  • Added KSPIE resources to TankTypes.cfg.
  • Added tooltips with Info to TankType choosers.
  • Replaced Tank Type dropdown list with the LeftRightChooser.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought maybe... I saw you spam updates for your other mods, so out of curiousity I checked CC... I thought either I caught you right after you uploaded it, and you hadnt had the chance to post here yet, or maybe you forgot, with all the other updating & posting on the forums... lol

• 2 weeks later...

Configurable Containers v2.4.0.3 for KSP 1.2.2 (2017.01.15)

ChangeLog:

Spoiler
  • Added FindTankType by resource_name method to TankType library.
  • Added ForceSwitchResource method to SwitchableTank.
  • GroundConstruction will be using MaterialKits, so added it to Components TankType users.
  • Using round-trip format for the volume field.

Found a problem. Upgraded to Config Containers 2.4.0.3 and now there is no option in the right click menu in VAB to modify the amount of liquid fuel / oxidizer. There is no fuel in the tank at all, it is empty and no option to load fuel into the tank. no option to edit tank or change the tank type

Edit: downgraded ti 2.4.0.1 - that did NOT fix it

Edit: downgraded to 2.4.0 - that did NOT fix it

...uninstalled, that fixed it. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Edited by Voodoo8648

4 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Found a problem. Upgraded to Config Containers 2.4.0.3 and now there is no option in the right click menu in VAB to modify the amount of liquid fuel / oxidizer. There is no fuel in the tank at all, it is empty and no option to load fuel into the tank. no option to edit tank or change the tank type

Edit: downgraded ti 2.4.0.1 - that did NOT fix it

Edit: downgraded to 2.4.0 - that did NOT fix it

...uninstalled, that fixed it. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

There's probably something wrong with the installation. Missing AT_Utils dlls, most likely. Try to reinstall using SpaceDock distributive that includes all the requirements. If that won't help, share the logs, please.

1 hour ago, allista said:

There's probably something wrong with the installation. Missing AT_Utils dlls, most likely. Try to reinstall using SpaceDock distributive that includes all the requirements. If that won't help, share the logs, please.

That worked.. Was missing the 000_AT_Utils folder.... Thanks!

This mod is simply awesome. There are so many lovely fuel tanks that unfortunately store the wrong type of fuel and finally with this mod they become usable.

I wonder though if it is possible to edit the title of a fuel tank so that the "Xenon tank" can be renamed to properly reflect that it holds water or oxygen or whatever.

39 minutes ago, OliverPA said:

This mod is simply awesome. There are so many lovely fuel tanks that unfortunately store the wrong type of fuel and finally with this mod they become usable.

I wonder though if it is possible to edit the title of a fuel tank so that the "Xenon tank" can be renamed to properly reflect that it holds water or oxygen or whatever.

Currently not, but the idea is great, so I will make it happen!

On 1/25/2017 at 0:24 AM, OliverPA said:

I was too quick to promise this. Turns out part title does not belong to a part, but rather to its partInfo object, which every instance of a particular part shares. So if I rename, say, a "Jumbo" on one vessel into "Huge Xenon Tank", all the Jumbos in game will be named thus.

The thing I could do is to add an info field to part menu with the name; but I don't feel that makes any sense, since when you open the part menu you know exactly what it contains without looking at the name.

i inherited CC from the new MKS update

so im probably still in the discontinuity/realty dysfunction time

but her are my observation/suggestion

wen i was fixing my tanks back to LF only i started by changing the Ox to LF
i got a message that i cant have 2x the same resource in a tank
i suggest this this get resolved automatically or allow 2 lines of same resource

after i understood wat the message meant i started deleting the second part(Ox) but i didn't fined an easy way to fill the tank whit LF
i had to edit the volume of the first line manual
i tried to press the button 'max' but didnt see any affect

you wrote this is compatible whit KSPIE.
KSPIE uses IFS and from my sort experience it sims CC conflict whit IFS
can you test this and see if thers a way for them not to conflict?

thanks

53 minutes ago, danielboro said:

i inherited CC from the new MKS update

so im probably still in the discontinuity/realty dysfunction time

but her are my observation/suggestion

wen i was fixing my tanks back to LF only i started by changing the Ox to LF
i got a message that i cant have 2x the same resource in a tank
i suggest this this get resolved automatically or allow 2 lines of same resource

after i understood wat the message meant i started deleting the second part(Ox) but i didn't fined an easy way to fill the tank whit LF
i had to edit the volume of the first line manual
i tried to press the button 'max' but didnt see any affect

you wrote this is compatible whit KSPIE.
KSPIE uses IFS and from my sort experience it sims CC conflict whit IFS
can you test this and see if thers a way for them not to conflict?

thanks

Thanks for the report!

I'm already aware of the situation and we with @RoverDude are actively working on the solution.

In all probability CC will simply vanish as a dependency of MKS in a few days, when we'll make proper CKAN configs and distributions. Until then you should delete the GameData/ConfigurableContainers/Parts folder.

I will also remove CC as a hard dependency of GroundConstruction, so that users could choose between existing fuel switchers freely.

As for the conflict itself, I will try to make it less devastating, so that savegames are not broken just by installing CC alongside IFS. But the conflict itself is unsolvable, as both mods modify the same parts in an incompatible way.

i fallowed your advice and removed the folder and dll.

i found that the damage is not so bad.
only my urlom drive section that was my active ship at the time was affected (i was thinking all my ship were affected)
and the bonus is i wanted to reconfigure the fuel tanks of that ship any way, and was thinking i will need to edit the save file :) no need to edit the file now :)

i was thinking you can make this mod more MKS like if fuel tank changes will require an Engineer on EVA maybe need MK as well
that will probably need 2 models in the DLL and an MM script to chose wat model to install

nice mod, if and wen you fix it so it wont change the fule tanks just because its the active vessel il probably reinstall it :)

p.s.
i looked in my installed mod and found i have all tank modifiers (IFS, B9partswitc and firspitter) thy sim to live whit no problem together
it will be nice if CC can join them in harmony :)

Edited by danielboro

42 minutes ago, Toonu said:

Hi @allista I ve been always using RealFuelTanks or ModularFuelTanks. This is basically copy of MFR with possiblities of RFT(Cryotanks etc?) Is this compatible with MKS or not?

It is compatible with MKS in that it supports all USI resources. But it does not change USI parts, as they natively use FS switch.

But it is NOT compatible with fuel switchers that patch stock tanks (IFS, B9PS and such). So If you are using these (e.g. you're playing with full KSPIE), do not install Configurable Containers. If your current game has no patches that add fuel switching to stock parts, then go ahead.

And no, this is not a copy of MFT/RF, it differs in many ways. First of all there's the ability to switch resources in flight; second, CC does not intended solely for tanks, but can be used for easy resource management in any non-container part.

Just now, Toonu said:

Thanks for so fast reply! But still, it have all features of MFR/RF or something is missing? I'm just thinking about removing MFR when I have to have this because MKS...

Thanks! @allista

Honestly, I played with MFT so long ago that I don't know its current set of features.

What you get is:

• In Editor
    • Free part's space partitioning into as many tanks of different types as you like.
    • Mass and price change with tank type.
    • Stored resource can be changed within the tank type.
  • In Flight
    • Stored resource can be changed within the tank type in Empty tanks.
  • Cryogenics are supported using sophisticated thermodynamic model.
  • TweakScale is supported.
  • ProceduralParts is supported with limitations (caused by PP code).
  • Stock parts and many mods have dedicated patches to add CC functionality.

Also, MKS does not require Configurable Containers. Only its .dll and configs that change nothing in the game. It is totally optional!

19 minutes ago, allista said:

But it is NOT compatible with fuel switchers that patch stock tanks (IFS, B9PS and such). So If you are using these (e.g. you're playing with full KSPIE), do not install Configurable Containers. 

B9PS too? I knew about IFS, but not that one. Darn it. I haven't noticed any trouble yet having both installed, but I'll have to keep an eye out for bugs I guess. I don't want to lose CC, it's far too useful, but Nertea's mods add so much to the game and they require B9PS. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.