[1.9-1.10] Configurable Containers

allista

18 minutes ago, Fobok said:

B9PS too? I knew about IFS, but not that one. Darn it. I haven't noticed any trouble yet having both installed, but I'll have to keep an eye out for bugs I guess. I don't want to lose CC, it's far too useful, but Nertea's mods add so much to the game and they require B9PS. 

To be honest, I have not confirmed it. But during the MKS+GC rollout havoc there were reports like "that CC ruined every part that was modified by another fuel switcher".

I guess it's just a matter of loading order. If B9PS patches stock tanks and does it BEFORE CC does, then CC skips parts affected by B9PS, because I have a check for it. But IFS patches after CC and does not check for it...

Anyway, CC acts weirdly when it is installed on a part-in-flight which resources were already modified. I'm working on it.

Just now, allista said:

I guess it's just a matter of loading order. If B9PS patches stock tanks and does it BEFORE CC does, then CC skips parts affected by B9PS, because I have a check for it. But IFS patches after CC and does not check for it...

Anyway, CC acts weirdly when it is installed on a part-in-flight which resources were already modified. I'm working on it.

Ah, either thing may be the reason I haven't seen any issue yet. Could be load order, or the fact that I had both mods installed when I started the campaign so I didn't have the in-flight issue. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dlrk said:

If I delete the parts folder under ConfigurableContainers, will CC, MKS and NFT work all right together?

It will "work" but you wouldn't see it until you have parts specifically configured to utilize it. The Parts folder contains MM patches to add CC to stock and other mods' tanks. So unless you got CC as a dependency of MKS, why delete it?

6 hours ago, allista said:

It will "work" but you wouldn't see it until you have parts specifically configured to utilize it. The Parts folder contains MM patches to add CC to stock and other mods' tanks. So unless you got CC as a dependency of MKS, why delete it?

I got CC as a dependency of MKS, and it interacts really confusingly with MFT

I uninstalled IFS because I do not have mods depending on it. (not the core one which is needed for MK2/3 Stockalike expansion in my specific case)

@allista I had to manually remove the folder "Parts" from the CC folder (updated via ckan which didnt do that properly) or was that bad? the parts folder was bad to remove, I redo-ed that and now things are fine again.

Edited by LatiMacciato

3 hours ago, mechanicH said:

@allista for some reason CKAN is telling me CC is not compatible with interstellar fuel switch. Should i just ignore that and install it manually? 

It is incompatible, as discussed earlier. However, if you need it for other mods, most of them (that I found, anyway) work with the interstellar fuel switch core alone, which works fine with CC. 

10 hours ago, Fobok said:

It is incompatible, as discussed earlier. However, if you need it for other mods, most of them (that I found, anyway) work with the interstellar fuel switch core alone, which works fine with CC. 

@LatiMacciato, or vice versa: install ConfigurableContainers-Core if it is needed as a dependency, and use IFS-full. So:

• CC-Core + IFS-full is OK
  • CC-full + IFS-Core is OK
  • CC-full + IFS-full awake krakens! :confused:
Edited by allista

50 minutes ago, allista said:

@LatiMacciato, or vice versa: install ConfigurableContainers-Core if it is needed as a dependency, and use IFS-full. So:

• CC-Core + IFS-full is OK
  • CC-full + IFS-Core is OK
  • CC-Core + IFS-Core awake krakens! :confused:

Wait, I'm confused: I knew that CC-full and IFS-full didn't play nice with each other, but only having that core versions of both is also not a good idea?

1 hour ago, Merkov said:

Wait, I'm confused: I knew that CC-full and IFS-full didn't play nice with each other, but only having that core versions of both is also not a good idea?

Heck!!! I think I need a vacation... :confused:

Of course I meant CC-full and IFS-full.

@LatiMacciato, do note that, please :blush:

Edited by allista

3 hours ago, allista said:

Heck!!! I think I need a vacation... :confused:

Of course I meant CC-full and IFS-full.

@LatiMacciato, do note that, please :blush:

In next release, IFS global script will not add itself when ModuleTankManager is present. Would this solve the Kraken problem?

Edited by FreeThinker

16 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

In next release, IFS global script will not add itself when ModuleTankManager is present. Would this solve the Kraken problem?

Thank you, @FreeThinker!

It does, however, solves part of the problem. Because this means we're still having a competition in terms of which patch will be applied first. CC will win alphabetically, so now if both IFS and CC are installed, parts will be mostly patched by CC. And if we're talking of parts in flight, this may cause sudden change of the governing fuel switch. CC still handles this badly.

So I still think it's best to use only one full fuel switch, leaving the second (if it is needed) as the Core package only.

2 hours ago, allista said:

Thank you, @FreeThinker!

It does, however, solves part of the problem. Because this means we're still having a competition in terms of which patch will be applied first. CC will win alphabetically, so now if both IFS and CC are installed, parts will be mostly patched by CC. And if we're talking of parts in flight, this may cause sudden change of the governing fuel switch. CC still handles this badly.

So I still think it's best to use only one full fuel switch, leaving the second (if it is needed) as the Core package only.

Yes, CC should become more adaptive, leaving existing resources alone if it detect it is added in flight.

Perhaps Modula Manger Managing Dynamic Modules can help

Edited by FreeThinker

2 hours ago, allista said:

ty for clarifying again. following that means the core packages are a sorta library as reference and the full is .. well all the parts (in both tank switcher mods).

Just wanted to say I like the idea of CC beeing more dynamic than IFS but would love an inflight edit of the tanks (imagine you could replace tanks and use the space more dynamicly while beeing at some surface).

ty for keeping up this work!

48 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

ty for clarifying again. following that means the core packages are a sorta library as reference and the full is .. well all the parts (in both tank switcher mods).

Just wanted to say I like the idea of CC beeing more dynamic than IFS but would love an inflight edit of the tanks (imagine you could replace tanks and use the space more dynamicly while beeing at some surface).

ty for keeping up this work!

Well, realism-wise this is difficult: you should have equipment and materials with you to repartition the tank and adapt it for different type of storage.

The whole idea of tank types was to allow resource switching in flight without the need for all that. Empty one resource, fill with another of the same type.

1 minute ago, allista said:

Well, realism-wise this is difficult: you should have equipment and materials with you to repartition the tank and adapt it for different type of storage.

The whole idea of tank types was to allow resource switching in flight without the need for all that. Empty one resource, fill with another of the same type.

ahh ok, works for me :)

I think I found an error in one of your cfg files, in TankTypes.cfg, Karbplus should be KarbonitePlus.

Testing now to see if the problem is gone.

Yup, that fixed it, the Metal type container can now hold Karborundum.

Edited by TheKurgan

4 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

I think I found an error in one of your cfg files, in TankTypes.cfg, Karbplus should be KarbonitePlus.

Testing now to see if the problem is gone.

Yup, that fixed it, the Metal type container can now hold Karborundum.

Thanks!

Fixed TankTypes.cfg may be obtained from github until the next release:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/allista/ConfigurableContainers/master/GameData/ConfigurableContainers/TankTypes.cfg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.