[1.9-1.10] Configurable Containers

allista

• 2 weeks later...

@allista

I noticed the following script in TankTypes

@TANKTYPE[Cryogenic]:NEEDS[WarpPlugin|KolonyTools|Karbonite|NearFuturePropulsion|CryoEngines|zzz_CryoTanks|FFT]
{ @PossibleResources ^= :$: LqdHydrogen 2;: } //USI uses ~4, CryoTanks ~2, KSPIE and IFS use ~1.2; but the density in CommonResources.cfg is for 1u/L

Seems to me the justification is mistaken as CryoTanks currently appears to use a 1.5 volume multiplier and KSPIE/IFS currently uses 1 (but I'm considering to rais it to 1.5 as well)

So where did the 2x volume multiplier come from? 

Edited by FreeThinker

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

@allista

I noticed the following script in TankTypes

@TANKTYPE[Cryogenic]:NEEDS[WarpPlugin|KolonyTools|Karbonite|NearFuturePropulsion|CryoEngines|zzz_CryoTanks|FFT]
{ @PossibleResources ^= :$: LqdHydrogen 2;: } //USI uses ~4, CryoTanks ~2, KSPIE and IFS use ~1.2; but the density in CommonResources.cfg is for 1u/L

Seems to me the justification is mistaken as CryoTanks currently appears to use a 1.5 volume multiplier and KSPIE/IFS currently uses 1 (but I'm considering to rais it to 1.5 as well)

So where did the 2x volume multiplier come from? 

This comment was made ~3yrs ago:

https://github.com/allista/ConfigurableContainers/commit/7db0aa83c278a6388220553980b205f70dd030b4

so it was probably true then :blush:

And the 2x multiplier was an arbitrary compromise between the mentioned values.

If everyone will agree on some value I'll be glad follow; but until then I prefer to leave things as is.

1 hour ago, allista said:

This comment was made ~3yrs ago:

https://github.com/allista/ConfigurableContainers/commit/7db0aa83c278a6388220553980b205f70dd030b4

so it was probably true then :blush:

And the 2x multiplier was an arbitrary compromise between the mentioned values.

If everyone will agree on some value I'll be glad follow; but until then I prefer to leave things as is.

I guess that could have been true yes. I prefer we get all to a compromise as well and since Nertea Cryo tanks simply is the most used Fuel tank that uses LqdHydrogen,  I'm keen to following Nertea proposal of a 1.5 volume multiplier . At least least that way, LqdHydrogen still feels like the super low dense liquid it realy is.

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for looking into that symmetry/cloning bug.  The version on CKAN still has it, but your versions in the thread seem to have done away with it!

4 hours ago, cjones said:

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for looking into that symmetry/cloning bug.  The version on CKAN still has it, but your versions in the thread seem to have done away with it!

Thanks for letting me know, I'll check if ckan gets the updates.

Though the big is fixed in a version for KSP-1.7, so if you're using 1.6 ckan won't let you get it. 

53 minutes ago, CosmicDreams said:

How would i go about making a patch for this tank right here?

Want to use this mod to allow it to contain mono propellant.

Look at the existing patches that CC provides. Here are the patches for the stock tanks, for example:

https://github.com/allista/ConfigurableContainers/blob/master/GameData/ConfigurableContainers/Parts/Squad_Patch.cfg

The "hardest" thing is to calculate the total volume. For that you need to look at the resources your tank holds by default and search for them here:

https://github.com/allista/ConfigurableContainers/blob/master/GameData/ConfigurableContainers/TankTypes.cfg

Then calculate as follows:

Total volume = sum(resource_i/its_units_per_L/1000)

Edited by allista

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

would there be away to make a mm patch wich adopts to your mods installed and patches them to have CC funktionality?

because you would need to make like all the patches XD

(posted because restock/restock+ dont have a patch, and many more wich use normaly)

19 minutes ago, ZEROX said:

would there be away to make a mm patch wich adopts to your mods installed and patches them to have CC funktionality?

because you would need to make like all the patches XD

(posted because restock/restock+ dont have a patch, and many more wich use normaly)

There was a try to make such a patch and the result was posted in this thread some time ago. But I didn't adopt it, because 1) to work correctly it needs some math which is not-trivial to implement in a patch, and 2) wild conversion of parts from other mods is not something one would normally do, because it tends to step on other peoples' toes.

It's always best to just post here names of mods which you want patches for, and I'll do the rest.

17 minutes ago, allista said:

There was a try to make such a patch and the result was posted in this thread some time ago. But I didn't adopt it, because 1) to work correctly it needs some math which is not-trivial to implement in a patch, and 2) wild conversion of parts from other mods is not something one would normally do, because it tends to step on other peoples' toes.

It's always best to just post here names of mods which you want patches for, and I'll do the rest.

okey no problem, so name of mods XD hopefully its ok if i just make a list (take your time and dont forget your life XD)

Restock

Restock+

Lynx Rover

Universal Storage2

Mining Expansion

Kerbal PLanatary Base System

Stocklike Station Parts Redux

PS: Pls dont hate me XD

Version 2.4.6 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.2

Released on 2019-06-17

• Added patches
    • Mining Expansion
    • Kerbal Planetary Base System
    • ReStock+
    • Streamline - Engines and Tanks
  • Updated patches
    • Bluedog Design Bureau
    • Mk2 Expansion
    • Mk3 Expansion
    • Near Future Propulsion
    • Mk2.5 Spaceplane Parts
    • Squad
  • Corrected a typo in squad xenon tanks' names

Download 

@ZEROX, for other mods you've listed:

• Restock -- doesn't include any parts
  • Lynx Rover -- uses ModuleKerbetrotterResourceSwitch to dynamically control resources
  • Universal Storage2 -- uses USFuelSwitch to dynamically control resources
  • Stocklike Station Parts Redux -- uses ModuleB9PartSwitch to dynamically control resources
Edited by allista

3 hours ago, allista said:

Version 2.4.6 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.2

Released on 2019-06-17

• Added patches
    • Mining Expansion
    • Kerbal Planetary Base System
    • ReStock+
    • Streamline - Engines and Tanks
  • Updated patches
    • Bluedog Design Bureau
    • Mk2 Expansion
    • Mk3 Expansion
    • Near Future Propulsion
    • Mk2.5 Spaceplane Parts
    • Squad
  • Corrected a typo in squad xenon tanks' names

Download 

@ZEROX, for other mods you've listed:

• Restock -- doesn't include any parts
  • Lynx Rover -- uses ModuleKerbetrotterResourceSwitch to dynamically control resources
  • Universal Storage2 -- uses USFuelSwitch to dynamically control resources
  • Stocklike Station Parts Redux -- uses ModuleB9PartSwitch to dynamically control resources

man that was fast XD thx alot for the update

1 hour ago, ZEROX said:

man that was fast XD thx alot for the update

I know kung-fu (c)

Made a python library to read/write ConfigNodes from KSP and use it to auto-generate patches for all parts from a mod that fit certain criteria :cool:

1 minute ago, allista said:

I know kung-fu (c)

Made a python library to read/write ConfigNodes from KSP and use it to auto-generate patches for all parts from a mod that fit certain criteria :cool:

sneaky littel b*stard so there was a way to make it automatic XD

Edited by ZEROX

11 minutes ago, allista said:

I know kung-fu (c)

That...is freaking awesome! And I thought 001's TU patch script was cool

2 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

That...is freaking awesome! And I thought 001's TU patch script was cool

If you're interested:

https://github.com/allista/PyKSPutils

There are several scripts to automate release management, and two scripts to grep/search part configs for certain things.

And this is the patch-maker script that uses it:

https://github.com/allista/ConfigurableContainers/blob/master/PatchContainers.py

1 hour ago, nmc said:

Hi @allista and thanks for all your mods!

Just a quick CKAN question: versions 2.4.5.1 and above are listed as compatible with KSP 1.7.2 only (not 1.7.1 or 1.7.0), is this real or will they work in 1.7.1?

Cheers.

Hm... That's because both CC and GC netkan definitions use spacedock reported KSP version as compatible; while Hangar and TCA use AVC files.

In any case, all four mods are compatible with 1.6.1 though to 1.7.2

Hi @allista I have a quick question about compatibility with this mod.  I've been away from KSP for a while and last played shortly after the first version of this mod came out.  I tried it briefly but wanted to get into KSPI and this had a conflict with InterstellarFuelSwitch.  Fast forward some (many) years later and I'm starting to play KSP again.  I really want to use KSPI-E and I'm leaning towards using your Global Construction mod over EPL.  That said, ckan still lists this mod as conflicting with IntersetllarFuelSwitch, so I had assumed that it was still a no go for me.  But I just noticed you list KSPI-E on your compatible mods list in the first post here.  

In short, I'm confused.  I'm looking at ckan now and InterstellarFuelSwitch is still listed as a conflict, but that is also a requirement for KSPI-E.  Is this an error in the ckan metadata, or is there something else I'm missing here?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.