allista

[1.7] Configurable Containers

35 minutes ago, allista said:

What if there's more than one connected engine?

Then offer a small dialog listing all engine types or use a switch UI, but in 99% of the time you can deduce it in the VAB in the way the fuel can flow to the engine

2 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

you can deduce it in the VAB in the way the fuel can flow to the engine

Could you explain in more detail how to do it? It's actually a fine feature that I would really like to implement.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, allista said:

Could you explain in more detail how to do it? It's actually a fine feature that I would really like to implement.

Well basicly you write recursive procedure, which will look for an engine fuel configuration following the part connection nodes. Durring search apply some basic logic like stopping at decouplers, disabled part crossfuel and only look at  radial parts when connected with a fuel duct or when set on globally. The recursive searches eventual produce 0 or more engine fuel configuration which can then be used to create 0 or more tank fuel configuration, which can be offered to the player for selection

Edited by FreeThinker

Hi allista

Thanks for fixing the CKAN versioning issue I posted here 

Getting the same thing here as AT-Utils requires CC 2.4.6.0.1 which has the same gap from KSP1.4.5 to KSP1.7.2 so AT-Utils is still not showing up with only 1.6 selected as the compatible KSP version. Sorry to keep bugging you, I'm pretty sure this is the last dependency required for the chain.

Thanks

It looks like support for procedural parts has been removed... it would be helpful if the mod description at the top of the thread as well as on github were updated to reflect this.  Might save people some time trying to figure out why it isn't working.