allista

[1.7] Configurable Containers

35 minutes ago, allista said:

What if there's more than one connected engine?

Then offer a small dialog listing all engine types or use a switch UI, but in 99% of the time you can deduce it in the VAB in the way the fuel can flow to the engine

2 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

you can deduce it in the VAB in the way the fuel can flow to the engine

Could you explain in more detail how to do it? It's actually a fine feature that I would really like to implement.

1 hour ago, allista said:

Could you explain in more detail how to do it? It's actually a fine feature that I would really like to implement.

Well basicly you write recursive procedure, which will look for an engine fuel configuration following the part connection nodes. Durring search apply some basic logic like stopping at decouplers, disabled part crossfuel and only look at  radial parts when connected with a fuel duct or when set on globally. The recursive searches eventual produce 0 or more engine fuel configuration which can then be used to create 0 or more tank fuel configuration, which can be offered to the player for selection

Edited by FreeThinker

Hi allista

Thanks for fixing the CKAN versioning issue I posted here 

Getting the same thing here as AT-Utils requires CC 2.4.6.0.1 which has the same gap from KSP1.4.5 to KSP1.7.2 so AT-Utils is still not showing up with only 1.6 selected as the compatible KSP version. Sorry to keep bugging you, I'm pretty sure this is the last dependency required for the chain.

Thanks

It looks like support for procedural parts has been removed... it would be helpful if the mod description at the top of the thread as well as on github were updated to reflect this.  Might save people some time trying to figure out why it isn't working.

Version 2.4.7 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1

Released on 2019-11-14

• Supports KSP-1.8.1
  • IFS is fully compatible with CC patches
  • Rebalanced "Snacks and Soil" tank config to keep 1u food to 1u soil as suggested in #30 by @LouisCyfer
  • Small performance improvements.

Download 

Version 2.4.8 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1

Released on 2019-12-21

• Hangar patch:
    • Added a procedural fuel tank made from Procedural Adapter
  • Corrected LH2O ratio in CryoEngines tank config
  • Added CryoCooling variant of LH2O tank config
  • Fixed InvalidOperationException on tank add/remove

Download 

Hello!

I'm facing an issue, maybe you can point me on the right direction to fix it.

Issue: I can't switch fuel tanks contents (probably some evil interaction between mods ^^)

Steps:

• On a clean KSP installation, using CKAN, I've installed Interstelar Extended and Interstelar Fuel Switch (along with their hard dependencies).
  • Launch the game, start a new sandbox game, open VAB, add a stock fuel tank (say FL-T100, but don't seems to make a difference which one), right click on it, the option to fuel switch is there.
  • Now I've closed the game and went on adding Configurable Containers Core, launch the game again, and now the fuel switch option is no more.

Log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xi742ipm1u0ch8j/Player.log?dl=0

I've done all this exercise is to narrow down the issue I've noticed when I added MKS to KSP. I've tried to search for such issue on the this topic, with no much luck. From your previous posts I see version 2.4.7 is supposed to be fully compatible with IFS, so I'm doing something super stupid or there is something out there :)Glad to help pinpoint the issue, if more tests are required, please let me know.

6 hours ago, firegun said:

Hello!

I'm facing an issue, maybe you can point me on the right direction to fix it.

Issue: I can't switch fuel tanks contents (probably some evil interaction between mods ^^)

Steps:

• On a clean KSP installation, using CKAN, I've installed Interstelar Extended and Interstelar Fuel Switch (along with their hard dependencies).
  • Launch the game, start a new sandbox game, open VAB, add a stock fuel tank (say FL-T100, but don't seems to make a difference which one), right click on it, the option to fuel switch is there.
  • Now I've closed the game and went on adding Configurable Containers Core, launch the game again, and now the fuel switch option is no more.

Log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xi742ipm1u0ch8j/Player.log?dl=0

I've done all this exercise is to narrow down the issue I've noticed when I added MKS to KSP. I've tried to search for such issue on the this topic, with no much luck. From your previous posts I see version 2.4.7 is supposed to be fully compatible with IFS, so I'm doing something super stupid or there is something out there :)Glad to help pinpoint the issue, if more tests are required, please let me know.

Hello @firegun,

I have those add-ons and 70 more... I have this (for that part FL-T100), sometimes an image say more than a thousand words...

OJrdFnx.png

Can you share a similar image?

Edited by pmborg

5 hours ago, pmborg said:

Hello @firegun,

I have those add-ons and 70 more... I have this (for that part FL-T100), sometimes an image say more than a thousand words...

OJrdFnx.png

Can you share a similar image?

Sure can mate, laziness prevented me to do so before ^^

No CCC:

J4mu06b.png

With CCC:

gT7GuQg.png

Edited by firegun

Hello @firegun,

Yes indeed InterstellarFuelSwitch mod, in some conditions remove the normal "switch tank mod" indirectly, like here:

Like here in these 2 saves:

zw07mK4.png

On some weird conditions:

K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch>findstr /S /I "container" *.cfg | find /I "ActiveMMPatches"
PatchManager\ActiveMMPatches\IntegrationLiquidFuel.cfg:@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],!RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!MODULE[ModuleTankManager],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&!ModularFuelTanks&!RealFuels&!ConfigurableContainers]:FOR[InterstellarFuelSwitch]
PatchManager\ActiveMMPatches\IntegrationLiquidFuelOxidizer.cfg:@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!MODULE[ModuleTankManager],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&!ModularFuelTanks&!RealFuels&!ConfigurableContainers]:FOR[InterstellarFuelSwitch]
PatchManager\ActiveMMPatches\IntegrationOxygen.cfg:@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Oxygen],!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],!RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!MODULE[ModuleTankManager],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&!ModularFuelTanks&!RealFuels&!ConfigurableContainers]:FOR[InterstellarFuelSwitch]
PatchManager\ActiveMMPatches\IntegrationXenon.cfg:@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[XenonGas],!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],!RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!MODULE[ModuleTankManager],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&!ModularFuelTanks&!RealFuels&!ConfigurableContainers]:FOR[InterstellarFuelSwitch]

• Without this the switch tank option is gone
  • ConfigurableContainers is two mods actually not just the core, you need both to have the option in module menu.

But @FreeThinker and @allista know 1000 times more than me as authors of respective.

Edited by pmborg

Hey @firegun

I record a video to show you, how you should install this pack of mods, properly at least in my opinion and worked.

uploading the video...

Edited by pmborg

@pmborg That trick with the Stock Fuel Switch really made it work. Thanks a bunch for your time and such didactic approach!

@allista Is this anyhow expected? I mean, when I read this change log entry "IFS is fully compatible with CC patches" I would never expect that it requires a third mod to make CC and IFS play nice with each other ^^ Maybe it worth a more visible mention to it, or could it anyhow be part of CC (as it seems to have an MIT license...)?

In any case, my problem is solved and I can go back to rocket building! Have a wonderful new year guys!

Edited by firegun

@pmborg thanks a lot for your help, I couldn't manage to reply myself these days.

@firegun you're right, it is confusing. And not intended of course. The problem is in the way MM manges the NEEDS directives. If you look at the IFS patches, they require the absence of "ConfigurableContainers", which actually means any of "folder with this name in Game Data" or "ConfigurableContainers.dll anywhere whatsoever", and there's no way to distinguish.

And the difference between the CC-core and CC-full is that the former provides the .dll and the folder, while the later adds part patches to actually install CC functionality. And it is the later that should prevent IFS to also patch parts...

7 hours ago, allista said:

@pmborg thanks a lot for your help, I couldn't manage to reply myself these days.

@firegun you're right, it is confusing. And not intended of course. The problem is in the way MM manges the NEEDS directives. If you look at the IFS patches, they require the absence of "ConfigurableContainers", which actually means any of "folder with this name in Game Data" or "ConfigurableContainers.dll anywhere whatsoever", and there's no way to distinguish.

And the difference between the CC-core and CC-full is that the former provides the .dll and the folder, while the later adds part patches to actually install CC functionality. And it is the later that should prevent IFS to also patch parts...

MM allows the use of folder paths in NEEDS (added in version 3.0.7) so CC-core and CC-full could be distinguished based on the presence or absence of theConfigurableContainers/Parts folder (at least based on the way they are configured in CKAN)

On 12/30/2019 at 12:15 AM, Aelfhe1m said:

MM allows the use of folder paths in NEEDS (added in version 3.0.7) so CC-core and CC-full could be distinguished based on the presence or absence of theConfigurableContainers/Parts folder (at least based on the way they are configured in CKAN)

Thanks a ton for the info!!! :0.0:
@FreeThinker if so, could you please correct your patches so that they are disabled only if the "ConfigurableContainers/Parts" folder exists?

@allista Just to close the loop, the proposed fix is already incorporated on IFS v1.25.4.5 (just released). I can confirm it works and don't require any other mods/patches to be applied.

Again thanks for great help and support @pmborg and @Aelfhe1m for the killing tip on the MM patches! :)

Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2020 at 9:48 PM, firegun said:

@allista Just to close the loop, the proposed fix is already incorporated on IFS v1.25.4.5 (just released). I can confirm it works and don't require any other mods/patches to be applied.

Again thanks for great help and support @pmborg and @Aelfhe1m for the killing tip on the MM patches! :)

Not sure how you got access to that  version as it isn't officially released yet because I didn't have time to verify. LOL

Edited by FreeThinker

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Not sure how you got access to that  version as it isn't officially released yet because I didn't have time to verify. LOL

That version It's on your discord server #release channel since last Sunday, and I've done the fix to the patches, so I had that tested previously in any case ^^

But maybe those changes were not included on that release and it happened that I had the patched files on my GameData folder that were not touched by CKAN... so I can be wrong in that sense :)

Edited by firegun