[1.9-1.10] Configurable Containers

allista

Look at the TankTypes.CFG in GameData\000_AT_Utils.  It has settings to add LqdMethane as a valid resource IF WarpPlugin mod is present.  But it also adds a slew of other stuff. 

So... You can either create a WarpPlugin folder in GameData to trick CC into thinking that WarpPlugin (aka KSPIE) mod is installed - if you don't want to install KSPIE.

OR install KSPIE.

OR modify/replace TankTypes.CFG with a copy that includes LqdMethane in the list of "PossibleResources" for "CryoCooling" and "Cryogenic" tanks.

7 hours ago, bcqJC said:

Look at the TankTypes.CFG in GameData\000_AT_Utils.  It has settings to add LqdMethane as a valid resource IF WarpPlugin mod is present.  But it also adds a slew of other stuff. 

So... You can either create a WarpPlugin folder in GameData to trick CC into thinking that WarpPlugin (aka KSPIE) mod is installed - if you don't want to install KSPIE.

OR install KSPIE.

OR modify/replace TankTypes.CFG with a copy that includes LqdMethane in the list of "PossibleResources" for "CryoCooling" and "Cryogenic" tanks.

Or just create your own patch, copying the text for the WarpPlugin patch and replacing it with NEEDS[CryoEngines].

Edited by leatherneck6017
a word

methane patch (only if you have cryotanks/cryoengines installed)

Spoiler

//sorry, cannot figure out a way to add cryogenic and cryocooling tank type in a patch for mods.
//Mod already include such tank type: KSPIE KolonyTools Karbonite NearFuturePropulsion CryoEngines CryoTanks FFT (But KSPIE already have methane patch already)
//install one of the mod (recommend cryotanks) if you use other methane engine mods like provenance aerospace or nertea future launch vehicle.
@TANKTYPE[Cryogenic]:NEEDS[CryoEngines|zzz_CryoTanks]
{ @PossibleResources ^= :$: LqdMethane 1;: }
@TANKTYPE[CryoCooling]:NEEDS[CryoEngines|zzz_CryoTanks]

github dl for some reason if you scared of copy and pasting https://github.com/randomguyingithub/ksppatchescollections1337/releases/download/0.9/methane.cfg

Edited by ssd21345

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to have this mod automatically calculate the fuel/oxidizer ratio for an engine, and partition the tank accordingly?

EDIT: No, but this volume config is correct for CryoEngines methane:

TANKCONF
{
	name = LFM
	Volume = 0.00579101453
	TANK
	{
		CurrentResource = Oxidizer
		InitialAmount = 1
		TankType = LiquidChemicals
		Volume = 0.00385802472
	}
	TANK
	{
		CurrentResource = LqdMethane
		InitialAmount = 1
		TankType = Cryogenic
		Volume = 0.00193298969
	}
}

Also, has boiloff been fixed?

Edited by dlrk

On 4/30/2021 at 4:09 PM, kurgut said:

Hi,
The mod description says it supports procedural parts, however I can't seem to be able to tweak PP parts, am I missing something ?
Thanks !

This is true for me as well, it seems it uses TankContentSwitcher instead of ModuleTankManager. I'm not sure if there's a direct reasoning for this, maybe @allistaknows if support was dropped?

Am I missing something about this mod? How do I get the ratios right aside from pointless trial and error with the values? What good is this when it can't calculate automatically?

Anyone know of something better?

Edited by Frostiken

On 5/21/2021 at 4:58 AM, Frostiken said:

Am I missing something about this mod? How do I get the ratios right aside from pointless trial and error with the values? What good is this when it can't calculate automatically?

Anyone know of something better?

The ratio is almost always 1.2 O : 1 LF if I remember right.

That's hardly helps when this mod has no function for ratio balancing. I was playing with it yesterday trying to get the Methane/Oxidizer right. The engines say it's a 1:3 ratio, but when it comes time to plug those numbers in, it's complicated as all hell trying to get the tanks the correct size so that there isn't any waste because of differences in fuel densities. I have to calculate the density, then calculate the volume, to build the tanks, to then fill them. This is math. I'm doing this on a computer. Computers literally operate wholly and entirely on math. In what world is this fundamental, basic feature just missing? 

This is a very powerful mod that is both lacking any semblance of up-to-date and useful documentation and user-friendly obvious design. I can't even figure out how to get the "presents" dropdowns to do anything at all. I have no idea if this is a bug or this is just more related to the Byzantine design.

This mod feels half-baked. The primary use of this mod appears to be if you wanted to fill a tank with a bunch of 'cargo' resources and dump them on a station for free use. But 99% of the time, you are using a fuel tank to fuel an engine, and it's baffling that literally the single most important thing you need a fuel tank is so hard to use.

Edited by Frostiken

• 3 weeks later...

Will you add methanes ?

It is used in "Cryogenic Engines (released by Nertea)"
While I found the mod supported near future propulsion,  it is a pity that there's no methane in the editer.
SO, will you add it ? Or can you tell me how to add it ?
(My English is poor, Hopefully that above makes sense to you )

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2021 at 11:55 AM, StarkRG said:

I can't seem to enter a percentage value when adding tanks. When entering a value it shows up as red and the add button is disabled. If I click on the "max" or "1/2" buttons it doesn't have a problem with them, but if I enter "100" or "50" it suddenly does.

I reported the same issue many releases ago. Basically I was told to just use the 1/2 button. If you use the 1/2 button the first time, it takes half of the total, but then the next tank, it takes half of the remainder of the space, so 1/4 of the total, etc. Using this (I know it's a pita) you can easily get 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16... fractions of your total volume, Then go back and clean up the ones you don't want etc. Long before I get large enough batteries, I will set up some of my tanks using 1/16 battery, 1/8 mono, and the remainder as LFO.

On 8/13/2021 at 1:51 AM, Michel Bartolone said:

I reported the same issue many releases ago. Basically I was told to just use the 1/2 button. If you use the 1/2 button the first time, it takes half of the total, but then the next tank, it takes half of the remainder of the space, so 1/4 of the total, etc. Using this (I know it's a pita) you can easily get 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16... fractions of your total volume, Then go back and clean up the ones you don't want etc. Long before I get large enough batteries, I will set up some of my tanks using 1/16 battery, 1/8 mono, and the remainder as LFO.

I discovered a workaround to use any percentage, and, while still a PITA, is a lot less of one than using the 1/2 button like that (which I had been doing before). What you do is enter a percentage, then switch it to m3 select one digit and enter it manually (such as, if it says 0.1234567, select the 7 and type 7), the red numbers will turn white and you'll be able to add it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/30/2021 at 10:09 AM, kurgut said:

Hi,
The mod description says it supports procedural parts, however I can't seem to be able to tweak PP parts, am I missing something ?
Thanks !

On 5/12/2021 at 2:50 AM, Tivec said:

This is true for me as well, it seems it uses TankContentSwitcher instead of ModuleTankManager. I'm not sure if there's a direct reasoning for this, maybe @allistaknows if support was dropped?

I was also really confused about why the mod page says it supports Procedural Parts, but in reality it doesn't. So, I did a little bit of investigating. I figured it must've been supported at some point, so I went to SpaceDock to find past versions. And what do I find in version 2.4.2? (That's around the release of 1.4, 2018)

• Removed support for ProceduralParts =(

Why? I haven't got a clue. I pulled up the version of Configurable Containers from immediately before that update, and did the same for Procedural Parts. When comparing them to the new version, the only relevant difference in CC is that there's a config for PP. On PP's behalf, almost nothing had changed; the only difference was the change of 'TECHLIMIT' to 'UPGRADE'. Comparing other files from within CC, the formatting there hadn't changed either, besides a change in the Module Manager call in the new version to make sure that other fuel switch mods and CC didn't overlap.

The PP config had some extra parts in it, which become totally meaningless when you consider that one tank can be modified for anything, so I deleted everything but the patch to the procedural fuel tank, and put it in with the rest of the configs in the new mod. And what do you know, it works.

Absolutely nothing changed between versions, and CC and PP still work together if you just use the old config. I am utterly confused as to why Allista dropped support for it.

Here's a link to my version of the Procedural Parts config file. Just drop it into \GameData\ConfigurableContainers\Parts and you should be good to go. This only covers the procedural liquid fuel tank, of course. I might update this later, because I'm probably going to add support for the procedural nosecone at some point. Also, because I didn't add the same anti-fuel-switch-mods incantation as the rest of the configs do, you might run into issues if any other fuel switch mod also modify Procedural Parts.

On 5/16/2021 at 10:50 PM, Crimor said:

Doesn't seem to be compatible with Tweakscale anymore(Seems to have happened around the time ksp-recall entered?), there's a .ckan in the tweakscale thread for repro

I (in my admittedly limited testing) haven't experienced any serious conflict with TweakScale so far. I haven't been able to switch tanks in flight, but I'm not sure if that was because of TweakScale or because there were other (unmodifiable) resources in the part. If there was a problem, one of the game updates since this was posted may have fixed it (my version being 1.12.3).

• 4 weeks later...

This compatibility release is still for KSP-1.11.1

The work was mostly done a year ago, but the release never came due to RL circumstances.

I plan to work on the release for KSP-1.12 next, but won't promise any particular date.

Version 2.6.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.11.1

Released on 2022-02-19

• Compatible with KSP-1.11.1
  • UI: using G9 formatter instead of R for better performance
  • API: removed ITankManager.AvailableVolumePercent

Download (497.79 KiB) 

• 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, MaikC said:

I also use this mod in KSP 1.12.9 and haven't found any problems so far. Is there a reason why I shouldn't use it for 1.12.9?

Nope. It's just that I haven't recompiled and tested it under 1.12 yet.

It's quite possible there isn't any conflicts with the 1.12 API and in this case, with the way C# dlls are loaded, all should work.

1 hour ago, MaikC said:

I also use this mod in KSP 1.12.9 and haven't found any problems so far. Is there a reason why I shouldn't use it for 1.12.9?

Other than the fact that 1.19.9 is some sort of fantasy release (latest version is 1.12.3), I haven’t had any issue with it in my games

• 1 month later...

I am so confused after reading all this. does anyone have a complete patch that allows you to add Methane, like in Near Future?

EDIT: nvm, I found this:

On 3/5/2021 at 6:30 AM, ssd21345 said:

methane patch (only if you have cryotanks/cryoengines installed)

Hide contents

//sorry, cannot figure out a way to add cryogenic and cryocooling tank type in a patch for mods.
//Mod already include such tank type: KSPIE KolonyTools Karbonite NearFuturePropulsion CryoEngines CryoTanks FFT (But KSPIE already have methane patch already)
//install one of the mod (recommend cryotanks) if you use other methane engine mods like provenance aerospace or nertea future launch vehicle.
@TANKTYPE[Cryogenic]:NEEDS[CryoEngines|zzz_CryoTanks]
@TANKTYPE[CryoCooling]:NEEDS[CryoEngines|zzz_CryoTanks]

github dl for some reason if you scared of copy and pasting https://github.com/randomguyingithub/ksppatchescollections1337/releases/download/0.9/methane.cfg

Edited by RedRoyal25

• 3 weeks later...

There's a tracking issue that I worked with the creator of Tweakscale and we found out that configurable containers is causing a repeatable glitched with parts that have a tweaked scale. Basically configurable containers are resetting larger (or smaller) tanks to their default values when copied or reverted to SBH from a launch. 

If no one is aware of the issue, look at the link below for the full documentation.

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScaleCompantion_FuelSwitches/issues/2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.