[1.12.x] Part Commander Continued

linuxgurugamer

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You could try using The Janitor's Closet.  It has a Mod filter setting, where you can display parts from only specified mods.  It can also hide parts you just don't want to see.  Read about it here: http://spacedock.info/mod/944/The Janitor's Closet

Thanks! I use it, but sometimes, I want to see if there's stuff from different mods.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

had this installed for a while but just started using this under KSP v1.2.2 (Part Commander v0.1.1.1) and it's springing a serious memory leak whenever the window is showing. Eventually the game slows down to 15% normal time and I have it taking up 8GB of memory up from the 5.5GB is started with. Tested with just Squad, PC and Toolbar and if I watch the Resource Monitor I can see the RAM stabilize after flight scene load and after opening the Part Commander window it starts to tick upwards.

Hopefully this isn't an issue in the KSP v1.3 but I didn't see anything in the release notes about plugging a memory leak.

Logs, FWIW

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2017 at 4:35 PM, Drew Kerman said:

had this installed for a while but just started using this under KSP v1.2.2 (Part Commander v0.1.1.1) and it's springing a serious memory leak whenever the window is showing. Eventually the game slows down to 15% normal time and I have it taking up 8GB of memory up from the 5.5GB is started with. Tested with just Squad, PC and Toolbar and if I watch the Resource Monitor I can see the RAM stabilize after flight scene load and after opening the Part Commander window it starts to tick upwards.

Hopefully this isn't an issue in the KSP v1.3 but I didn't see anything in the release notes about plugging a memory leak.

Logs, FWIW

Next time ping me, I didnt see this intil now.

Ill look into it

1 hour ago, Aelfhe1m said:

@linuxgurugamer There's a bug in Part Commander where some localization tags are being displayed instead of being formatted - the ones shown here are stock tags so I don't think it's an interaction with another mod:

8rZKIuX.png

Thanks for the report, ill get it fixed

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

to do what exactly?

Sorry, should have specified. All Y'all adds a button in the right-click menu to extend/retract all solar panels/landing gear/etc all at once, even if they are part of a different symmetry group. It's certainly possible that I missed the functionality in Part Commander, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else been getting a CTD after about 15-20 minutes in flight scene? Through quite a bit of testing, I figured out that the crash goes away when I remove Part Commander, but it doesn't leave anything in the log. It also goes away for a while if I uninstall Part Commander and reinstall it.

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2017 at 8:59 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Why should I add that functionality to this?  As you see, All Y'All does it, so just install that

Good point. Guess I was aiming for fewer mods if possible, but doesn't seem like this is one of those times where "merges" makes sense. My bad!

• 2 months later...
On 6/19/2017 at 4:35 PM, Drew Kerman said:

Logs, FWIW

Yea okay I'm finally upgrading to KSP v1.3.1 and just tested with the latest release using nothing but toolbar and Squad folder - the memory leak is still there and readily apparent if you're watching out for it. I have Window's Resource Monitor open and as soon as I show a part's information using Part Commander the memory usage immediately starts to tick upwards. As soon as I either close Part Commander or just return to the parts listing (no longer showing part info but Part Commander itself is still open) the memory usage stabilizes after about a second and no longer increases.

On 12/25/2017 at 10:18 AM, Drew Kerman said:

Yea okay I'm finally upgrading to KSP v1.3.1 and just tested with the latest release using nothing but toolbar and Squad folder - the memory leak is still there and readily apparent if you're watching out for it. I have Window's Resource Monitor open and as soon as I show a part's information using Part Commander the memory usage immediately starts to tick upwards. As soon as I either close Part Commander or just return to the parts listing (no longer showing part info but Part Commander itself is still open) the memory usage stabilizes after about a second and no longer increases.

Ok, I've created the issue, I'll see if I can look at it this weekend.

One question, if you close the window, does the memory used get returned, or is it kept?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.