[1.12.x] Part Commander Continued

linuxgurugamer

Simmetry hasn't been working since the 1.4 update - I'm currently using ksp 1.4.3 and part commander continued

"VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 1,
    "PATCH": 3,
    "BUILD": 3
  }

According to the version file. Is that a known, general issue, or do I have something botched? Here's a copy of the log, right after I've tried using Part Commander to extend all radiators in a simple ship

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iulzy76pnxf0a0u/KSP - copia.7z

3 hours ago, juanml82 said:

Simmetry hasn't been working since the 1.4 update - I'm currently using ksp 1.4.3 and part commander continued

"VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 1,
    "PATCH": 3,
    "BUILD": 3
  }

According to the version file. Is that a known, general issue, or do I have something botched? Here's a copy of the log, right after I've tried using Part Commander to extend all radiators in a simple ship

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iulzy76pnxf0a0u/KSP - copia.7z

You are running an old version of Part Commander, it is up to 1.1.4, which fixes the symmetry problem

7 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

This is the only thing I stumbled upon, I had to enable "Fore by throttle" while already in orbit.

Well, I just tested the latest version in a test 1.4.3 install, and  it seemed to to be working fine, so I'll need some more information.

Log file, craft file (or save file, if this is only on a craft in space), mod list, and which RCS Thrusters you were trying to use

@linuxgurugamer The save is from after I docked to the station in my last session. Craft and log included:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7j9bqu92s5zru3/2018-05-04_1%20KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Hmm, from looking into the save or the craft I can only tell that the part has the name of "RCSBlock" - :D - I really have to boot up KSP and go into VAB to properly identify that part ... this is kinda ridicilous, on the one hand I get bombed by log lines, on the other hand no single line tells me what part that is inside the craft file.

Edit:

@linuxgurugamer

So now I got it, it the stock part
GameData\Squad\Parts\Utility\rcsBlockRV-105\rcsBlockRV-105.cfg

I was not sure because of TU a lot of parts look more shiny now than without. :)

But whatsoever I also had that issue two days ago or so with different RCS parts.

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 2 months later...

Dear @linuxgurugamer. I would like to apologize for being a Dunce. I was about to register a compliant when I noticed that the error was not between the mod and the game, but between the chair and the keyboard. (Forgot to download the dependencies. *Hangs head in shame*). You are doing a fantastic job, i just thought you should know that.

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'PartCommanderContinued': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PartCommanderContinued.PartCommander' from assembly 'PartCommanderContinued, Version=1.1.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<setHighlighting>c__AnonStorey0' from assembly 'PartCommanderContinued, Version=1.1.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<setHighlighting>c__AnonStorey1' from assembly 'PartCommanderContinued, Version=1.1.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Broken for me. Using 1.4.5 windows 64bit

still leaking. Here's a video of it in action. I don't think it needs a fix if this problem is hard to track down, but I do think people should be warned NOT to leave the window open for extended periods of time when it is accessing part data (from what I recall of my issue posted to GitHub, not tested here, is just having the list of parts doesn't cause a leak). Even with the leak, still good for a quick access to thing

6 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

still leaking. Here's a video of it in action. I don't think it needs a fix if this problem is hard to track down, but I do think people should be warned NOT to leave the window open for extended periods of time when it is accessing part data (from what I recall of my issue posted to GitHub, not tested here, is just having the list of parts doesn't cause a leak). Even with the leak, still good for a quick access to thing

Would be nice if you posted a log file, and what version of the mod and  KSP you are running

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few things:

1) I don't think that this mod respects/recognizes "command/control" lock outs (i.e. RemoteTech)...

2) You can hide "unactionable parts" which usually means fuel tanks (I think), but I have TankLock installed, so thus, no long unactionable (as I can set that to an action group). Also, setting FuelFlow priority isn't recognized either (maybe that's an "advanced tweakable" ?)

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:

A few things:

1) I don't think that this mod respects/recognizes "command/control" lock outs (i.e. RemoteTech)...

2) You can hide "unactionable parts" which usually means fuel tanks (I think), but I have TankLock installed, so thus, no long unactionable (as I can set that to an action group). Also, setting FuelFlow priority isn't recognized either (maybe that's an "advanced tweakable" ?)

Cheers.

1.  Correct.   Not worth it to me right now to spend the time.

2.  Again, not a big deal, IMHO.  

Of course, if someone were to submit a PR, I'd be happy to look at it and accept it.

I'm busy with some other stuff, these aren't game-breaking bugs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.