[1.12.x] Part Commander Continued

linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, killbotvii said:

Wasn't there another mod like this that had a cheat function that let you refill tanks and stuff? Does anyone remember what that mod was, or was that this mod?

I'm not remembering one that did it on a part-by-part basis. There's always hyperedit if you're in a bind (or the plain old alt-12 menu)

19 hours ago, killbotvii said:

Wasn't there another mod like this that had a cheat function that let you refill tanks and stuff? Does anyone remember what that mod was, or was that this mod?

ShipManifest. No official update to 1.5.x yet though. 

• 2 months later...

there is something really obvious I'm missing in this mod and it would be really nice if it can be added

you have symmetry mode to control all the symmetrical parts together but why don't you have grouping mode where you can control all instances of the same part together even if their not in symmetry?

1 hour ago, alien_wind said:

there is something really obvious I'm missing in this mod and it would be really nice if it can be added

you have symmetry mode to control all the symmetrical parts together but why don't you have grouping mode where you can control all instances of the same part together even if their not in symmetry?

Because I didn't write this mod.  It may be a nice option, and if someone were to code it and submit it to me I'd most likely include it, but it's not as simple as it sounds.

On 2/27/2019 at 2:36 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Because I didn't write this mod.  It may be a nice option, and if someone were to code it and submit it to me I'd most likely include it, but it's not as simple as it sounds.

o I'm sorry I thought you we're activly developing it.

I would have happily go tinto the source code and try to add it in but 

a.I never wrote in c#

b.I don't have the slightest idea how all the dll and modules mods work in ksp

1 hour ago, alien_wind said:

o I'm sorry I thought you we're activly developing it.

No problem.  I'm currently supporting over 175 mods, I can only work on one or two at a time.  I generally don't add new features to mods I adopt after the initial release

2 hours ago, alien_wind said:

a.I never wrote in c#

Ah, but if you have any experience in coding, that would be a big step forward

2 hours ago, alien_wind said:

b.I don't have the slightest idea how all the dll and modules mods work in ksp

Lots of people here will help if you ask questions

• 8 months later...

getting major log spam with latest release

Spoiler

InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
  at PartCommanderContinued.ModStyle.GetImage (System.String path, System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height) [0x0003a] in <418ea5f4a12544309cc3f494217b1211>:0
  at PartCommanderContinued.ModStyle.GetToggleButtonStyle (System.String styleName, System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height, System.Boolean hover) [0x00017] in <418ea5f4a12544309cc3f494217b1211>:0
  at PartCommanderContinued.ModStyle..ctor (System.Boolean unity) [0x00270] in <418ea5f4a12544309cc3f494217b1211>:0
  at PartCommanderContinued.PartCommander.OnGUI () [0x0000b] in <418ea5f4a12544309cc3f494217b1211>:0

(Filename: <418ea5f4a12544309cc3f494217b1211> Line: 0)

KSP 1.8.1 Part Commander 1.1.6

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all !

I have a problem with this mod : The game don't load at startup... It's up to date (according to ckan at least, but I'm not at home, so I can't remember exactly the version), and I've tried to uninstall parrt commander, and it worked just fine. I've had this issue since at least 2 weeks, but was waiting for an update, and not a must have mod, though is very interesting.

So anyway, here's the few line of  log I've copied from the log file inside KSP directory :

[LOG 00:01:21.665] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/aero_off
[LOG 00:01:21.666] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/aero_on
[LOG 00:01:21.667] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/az_off
[LOG 00:01:21.668] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/az_on
[LOG 00:01:21.669] Load(Texture):
PartCommanderContinued/textures/blizzyToolbar
[LOG 00:01:21.669] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/close_off
[WRN 00:01:21.670] Texture resolution is not valid for compression:
'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space
Program\GameData\PartCommanderContinued\textures\close_off.png' -
consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression
[LOG 00:01:21.670] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/close_on
[WRN 00:01:21.671] Texture resolution is not valid for compression:
Program\GameData\PartCommanderContinued\textures\close_on.png' -
[LOG 00:01:21.671] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/filter_off
[LOG 00:01:21.672] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/filter_on
[LOG 00:01:21.673] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/left_off
[LOG 00:01:21.674] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/left_on
[LOG 00:01:21.675] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/popout_off
[LOG 00:01:21.676] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/popout_off OUT OF DATE
[LOG 00:01:21.676] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/popout_off

I don't know what is "popout_off", but it seems I have an issue with this.... Does anyone know what I can do about that ?

If you need some others things, just tells me (like player.log, or whatever.)

5 hours ago, Sppion1 said:

Hi all !

I have a problem with this mod : The game don't load at startup... It's up to date (according to ckan at least, but I'm not at home, so I can't remember exactly the version), and I've tried to uninstall parrt commander, and it worked just fine. I've had this issue since at least 2 weeks, but was waiting for an update, and not a must have mod, though is very interesting.

So anyway, here's the few line of  log I've copied from the log file inside KSP directory :

[LOG 00:01:21.665] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/aero_off
[LOG 00:01:21.666] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/aero_on
[LOG 00:01:21.667] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/az_off
[LOG 00:01:21.668] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/az_on
[LOG 00:01:21.669] Load(Texture):
PartCommanderContinued/textures/blizzyToolbar
[LOG 00:01:21.669] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/close_off
[WRN 00:01:21.670] Texture resolution is not valid for compression:
Program\GameData\PartCommanderContinued\textures\close_off.png' -
[LOG 00:01:21.670] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/close_on
[WRN 00:01:21.671] Texture resolution is not valid for compression:
Program\GameData\PartCommanderContinued\textures\close_on.png' -
[LOG 00:01:21.671] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/filter_off
[LOG 00:01:21.672] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/filter_on
[LOG 00:01:21.673] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/left_off
[LOG 00:01:21.674] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/left_on
[LOG 00:01:21.675] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/popout_off
[LOG 00:01:21.676] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/popout_off OUT OF DATE
[LOG 00:01:21.676] Load(Texture): PartCommanderContinued/textures/popout_off

I don't know what is "popout_off", but it seems I have an issue with this.... Does anyone know what I can do about that ?

If you need some others things, just tells me (like player.log, or whatever.)

While a snippit of a log can sometimes pinpoint the issue, you should always post a link to the complete log.

Those messages are normal, nothing to worry about.

You didn't say now it was installed.  I'm assuming that you are on KSP 1.8.1, but again, without the full log, it's just a guess.

Make sure that the dependencies are installed and up-to-date:  ToolbarController, and ClickThroughBlocker

36 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

While a snippit of a log can sometimes pinpoint the issue, you should always post a link to the complete log.

Those messages are normal, nothing to worry about.

You didn't say now it was installed.  I'm assuming that you are on KSP 1.8.1, but again, without the full log, it's just a guess.

Make sure that the dependencies are installed and up-to-date:  ToolbarController, and ClickThroughBlocker

Ok, I don't know where to upload my log files, but I can search through forum to see that. And you need player.log and output_log.txt ? I'l do that when I'll be back home (pretty soon)
Yes, ksp 1.8.1
Installed via CKAN
I'll give version number (of all, included dependencies, I think they are in player.log, right ?) when back home.
Should I post those by creating a new thread in
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/70-technical-support-pc-modded-installs/ ?

And thanks for your time :)

Ok, so here it is :
Part commander continued 1.1.6.1

Toolbar controller 0.1.9.4

ClickThrough Blocker 0.1.9.4

Which are the latest one I see in github

Theses are installed via CKAN

Aaand can't provide files, because this time it worke (started, and in-game). If it do it again, I'll tell you. All that I can think of is uninstall-reinstall a 3, maybe 4 times...

Anyway, thanks for your time :)

7 hours ago, Sppion1 said:

Ok, so here it is :
Part commander continued 1.1.6.1

Toolbar controller 0.1.9.4

ClickThrough Blocker 0.1.9.4

Which are the latest one I see in github

Theses are installed via CKAN

Aaand can't provide files, because this time it worke (started, and in-game). If it do it again, I'll tell you. All that I can think of is uninstall-reinstall a 3, maybe 4 times...

Anyway, thanks for your time :)

@linuxgurugamer

It did it again.... oO

Here's the ling to log files.

KSP.log

Player.log

This times KSP.log doesn't end with "PartCommander [...]", but loading screen displays "PartCommanderContinued/textures/popout_off", so I guess same issue, but... I don't know.

3 hours ago, Sppion1 said:

@linuxgurugamer

It did it again.... oO

Here's the ling to log files.

KSP.log

Player.log

This times KSP.log doesn't end with "PartCommander [...]", but loading screen displays "PartCommanderContinued/textures/popout_off", so I guess same issue, but... I don't know.

Well, the "OUT OF DATE" is coming from one of the Mono DLLs. It occurs fairly frequently, I've seen them in my installs as well.  It seems to be something with the fact that those two files are jpegs.  It' s a harmless message, and has nothing to do with whatever is happening to your install.  Since there are pngs there as well, I'll just delete the two jpgs in the next release/

I've had this happen myself, killing the program and restarting it seems to clean things up.  .  I'd also recommend installing MADLAD.

It may also be related to the resolution, and/or video mode, but I'm not sure of that.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey all, I found an issue that I'll submit to the record. For my 1.9.1 install, Part Commander causes massive memory leak when the GUI is open. While closed, memory usage remains stable, but while the GUI is open, memory usage of KSP x64 increases by 5-15 MB/s until about ~11GB total memory usage at which point the game freezes and crashes.

I find the mod incredibly useful so I still keep it installed, my working solution is just to keep the GUI closed until I need it.

Edited by TheBeesSteeze
Further clarification

18 hours ago, TheBeesSteeze said:

Hey all, I found an issue that I'll submit to the record. For my 1.9.1 install, Part Commander causes massive memory leak when the GUI is open. While closed, memory usage remains stable, but while the GUI is open, memory usage of KSP x64 increases by 5-15 MB/s until about ~11GB total memory usage at which point the game freezes and crashes.

I find the mod incredibly useful so I still keep it installed, my working solution is just to keep the GUI closed until I need it.

When you close it, is the memory released?  How about when you change scenes?

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

When you close it, is the memory released?  How about when you change scenes?

See this video for reference, hopefully YouTube uploads in high enough resolution to see the numbers:

The memory isn't released when the GUI is closed, only when the flight ends and the scene changes. At that point the total memory usage does decrease, but not to the point it was at before the flight (I don't know if that is normal KSP behavior or behavior from another mod or behavior from Part Commander).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.