[1.12.x] Part Commander Continued

linuxgurugamer

• 7 months later...

I'm not sure if it should happen or not, but when I select a part using this mod's window, nothing is highlighted on the ship I'm controlling.

If this is a bug, I can share my logs.

But if this is the expected behavior, it is a suggestion to highlight the part in the ship!

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Dominiquini said:

I'm not sure if it should happen or not, but when I select a part using this mod's window, nothing is highlighted on the ship I'm controlling.

If this is a bug, I can share my logs.

But if this is the expected behavior, it is a suggestion to highlight the part in the ship!

Thanks.

According the the OP:

part highlighting so you know which part(s) you're affecting. With symmetrical parts, the primary one is highlighted in orange and the rest in yellow

So you might have a problem, or might not.  I'll take a look, but logs will be needed

Unfortunately it seems to be some conflict with another mod. When I tested it using only this mod, part highlight worked!

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vajpuevfe0qggo/KSP(PC).log?dl=0

Player.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5c75hbb6cjzowy/Player(PC).log?dl=0

I sent the logs if you have any idea which mod might be causing a conflict.

But that's a very low priority. Thank you in advance for the answer. And sorry to bother you with that!

3 hours ago, Dominiquini said:

Unfortunately it seems to be some conflict with another mod. When I tested it using only this mod, part highlight worked!

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vajpuevfe0qggo/KSP(PC).log?dl=0

Player.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5c75hbb6cjzowy/Player(PC).log?dl=0

I sent the logs if you have any idea which mod might be causing a conflict.

But that's a very low priority. Thank you in advance for the answer. And sorry to bother you with that!

I looked at your log, nothing popped out.  But you do have a lot of mods, you will need to figure it out yourself, sorry

New release, 1.1.6.3

• Renamed DLL for CKAN compatibility
  • Added AssemblyFileVersion
  • Updated version file for 1.12

• 3 months later...

I got a modded 1.12.2 install and Part Commander does not show up at all.

I checked Toolbar Controller, I neither get it inside stock toolbar nor in Blizzy Toolbar.

Nothing suspicious inside the logs from my point of view, at least nothing with "PartCommander".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4f5i28reh3jw6p8/KSP logs 2021-11-05-01.7z?dl=1

Edit:

Well, it's back again after a restart of KSP.

Edited by Gordon Dry

13 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I got a modded 1.12.2 install and Part Commander does not show up at all.

I checked Toolbar Controller, I neither get it inside stock toolbar nor in Blizzy Toolbar.

Nothing suspicious inside the logs from my point of view, at least nothing with "PartCommander".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4f5i28reh3jw6p8/KSP logs 2021-11-05-01.7z?dl=1

Edit:

Well, it's back again after a restart of KSP.

I looked at the log, nothing showed up, but you do have a number of random NullRefs  during the initialization from a number of mods

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/14/2023 at 2:15 PM, Carni35 said:

Woah, almost the KSP 2 part manager 6 years before :) 

And it's still better than the KSP 2 version. :)

Back on topic. Does Part Commander Continued not play nice with Remote Tech's signal delay? It seems sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have a very well packed probe [insert 'you can fit so much in this thing' meme] and having to finagle the camera to get in and click things for timed executions is rough.

5 minutes ago, Mitokandria said:

And it's still better than the KSP 2 version. :)

Back on topic. Does Part Commander Continued not play nice with Remote Tech's signal delay? It seems sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have a very well packed probe [insert 'you can fit so much in this thing' meme] and having to finagle the camera to get in and click things for timed executions is rough.

Not enough information.  AFAIK, it doesn't do anything with RT and signal delay, would have to look at the code to be sure.  Be specific, and maybe so someone could help you

On 7/4/2023 at 4:44 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Not enough information.  AFAIK, it doesn't do anything with RT and signal delay, would have to look at the code to be sure.  Be specific, and maybe so someone could help you

Oh I wasn't originally looking for help with it as it's hardly game breaking. I was more curious than anything else. I will gladly provide more information though. I should be more specific anyway. Basically it would appear that Part Commander does not hook into the Flight Computer from remote tech. Thinking about it more I'm not sure if it ever did work with the flight computer.

Example of an expected result w/ remote tech: Launch craft to Mun. Open Flight Computer. Add a manual delay of 2 hours; a time when there will be no network connection. Right-Click a science experiment and click "deploy". Note that the Flight Computer now lists that the science experiment will deploy in 2 hours.

Example above, but with Part Commander:  Launch craft to Mun. Open Flight Computer. Add a manual delay of 2 hours; a time when there will be no network connection. Open Part Commander and select a science experiment. Click "Deploy". Science experiment ignores delay timer and immediately deploys as in vanilla.

10 hours ago, Mitokandria said:

Oh I wasn't originally looking for help with it as it's hardly game breaking. I was more curious than anything else. I will gladly provide more information though. I should be more specific anyway. Basically it would appear that Part Commander does not hook into the Flight Computer from remote tech. Thinking about it more I'm not sure if it ever did work with the flight computer.

Example of an expected result w/ remote tech: Launch craft to Mun. Open Flight Computer. Add a manual delay of 2 hours; a time when there will be no network connection. Right-Click a science experiment and click "deploy". Note that the Flight Computer now lists that the science experiment will deploy in 2 hours.

Example above, but with Part Commander:  Launch craft to Mun. Open Flight Computer. Add a manual delay of 2 hours; a time when there will be no network connection. Open Part Commander and select a science experiment. Click "Deploy". Science experiment ignores delay timer and immediately deploys as in vanilla.

Thanks for the full descriptioni.    I looked, PartCommander does not look at RT at all.  I'll take a look at the RT api to see how difficult it would be to implement.

On 7/7/2023 at 7:24 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Thanks for the full descriptioni.    I looked, PartCommander does not look at RT at all.  I'll take a look at the RT api to see how difficult it would be to implement.

For process' sake I added it to the github tracker. If you find the time and are able to get something working I'm happy to test if you need a tester.

*excitedly going off to play KSP2* <--did not think I'd be able to say that until 2025.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.