[1.12.x] FTL Drive Continued

linuxgurugamer

6 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

By chance do you have any mods that change the behavior of FTL Drive Continued?

I'm not aware of anything that changes the resource requirements / behavior... I certainly didn't tweak FTL Continued on my own, even though it's occasionally tempting to increase the force multiplier so I can tote more mass to distant planets. Do you know of any mods that do this? There are a couple of extra config files that were dropped into the FTL Drive Continued folder, but looking through those files there's nothing there that should have this sort of impact.

TweakScale does this:

Spoiler

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
    name = FTLDriveModule
    generatedForce = 1
    chargeRate = 1
    chargeTime = 1
}

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
    name = FTLBeaconModule
}

@PART[ftlContBcnPlus]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = TweakScale
        defaultScale = 0.625
        type = stack
    }
}

@PART[advancedFTLdriveMk2]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = TweakScale
        defaultScale = 1.25
        type = stack
    }
}

@PART[advancedFTLdriveS1]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = TweakScale
        defaultScale = 1.25
        type = stack
    }
}

@PART[advancedFTLdriveS2]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = TweakScale
        defaultScale = 2.5
        type = stack
    }
}

Community Tech Tree does this:

Spoiler

@PART[ftlContBcnPlus]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = highEnergyScience
}

@PART[advancedFTLdriveMk2]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = appliedHighEnergyPhysics
}

@PART[advancedFTLdriveS1]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = appliedHighEnergyPhysics
}

@PART[advancedFTLdriveS2]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = ultraHighEnergyPhysics
}

There's also an RSS config that got in there somehow, but nothing in that file should do anything, since I don't have RSS installed

Spoiler

@PART[advancedFTLdrive*]:NEEDS[RealSolarSystem&!SSRSS]
{
    @MODULE[FTLDriveModule]
    {
        @maxGeneratorForce *= 3
    }
}

8 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@attosecond By chance do you have any mods that change the behavior of FTL Drive Continued? Either a mod is making the jump drives require EnrichedUranium, or there is an exceptionally nasty bug happening.

@linuxgurugamer EnrichedUranium is a CRP resource which represents usable nuclear material in nuclear reactors. It does not allow to be consumed by parts other than the same part that holds it so being drainable by the jump drive is a very big issue.

A copy of the ModuleManager.configcache file would be useful

Testing completed... it's either a problem with Community Resource Pack or FTL Drive Continued, I can't be certain. However, FTL Drive Con't is removing all EC during a jump even when it's the only mod on top of the stock game.  That seems wrong to me--I already paid for the cost of the jump during spin-up, and don't think all parts with EC should have the charge completely drained when jumping.

I ran three tests:

1. Stock + Hyperedit + FTL Drive Continued
  2. Stock + Hyperedit + FTL Drive Continued + Mk2 Stockalike Expansion
  3. Stock + Hyperedit + FTL Drive Continued + Near Future Electrical

I only accepted required dependencies when installing mods (except test #3, when Community Tech Tree accidentally snuck in there). Hyperedit used to get things into position without having to actually do the work.

Edit: don't know if this is important... I have Making History and Breaking Ground as part of my stock install.

Test 1 - Stock + FTL Drive Continued shows that all EC is drained from the craft after a jump is completed, even though the jump drive is already spun up to 100% success probability and there's still plenty of EC left in the batteries before the jump executes.

Test 2 - Stock + FTL Drive Continued + Mk2 Stockalike Expansion shows the same EC behavior, and with an onboard fission reactor all Enriched Uranium that was present before the jump is removed from the craft after jump execution. For this test I also tossed in a tank of LH2 just to see if all non-stock resources had the problem (LH2 comes from Community Resources Pack, as does EnrU). The LH2 tank came through the jump completely full - it seems that only resources related to electricity are affected.

Test 3 - Stock + FTL Drive Continued + Near Future Electrical shows the same EC behavior, and with an onboard fission reactor all Enriched Uranium that was present before the jump is removed from the craft after jump execution.

Here's a screen capture of CKAN for test #1, stock + FTL Drive Continued, along with a video showing all EC being removed on jump execution:

Spoiler

HbrgAvF.png

Here's a screen capture of CKAN for test #2, stock + FTL Drive Continued + Mk2 Stockalike Expansion, along with a video showing all EC and all Enriched Uranium being removed on jump execution:

Spoiler

PFFR2zr.png

Here's a screen capture of CKAN for test #3, stock + FTL Drive Continued + Near Future Electrical, along with a video showing all EC and all Enriched Uranium being removed on jump execution:

Spoiler

q9sH7uh.png

Click here for a copy of the ModuleManager.ConfigCache for test #3

Edited by attosecond

On 4/19/2022 at 11:45 AM, attosecond said:

@linuxgurugamer just want to make sure you saw the testing results, above. Sure seems like there's something odd with resource consumption on jump execution. Should there be any resource consumption at all? I vote no... the spin-up process takes care of this, imo

I'll review it, but I do have other things to work on, as well as an outside life :-)

Found and fixed the issue. Pull request added on Github... only ElectricCharge and StoredCharge are drained on a jump now, while all other resources are left alone. Looking at the code it looks like the mod author deliberately drained all EC on a jump, so I've left this behavior in place.

Edited by attosecond

New release, 0.2.5.2

• Fixed harmless exception reverting to the editor from flight
  • Thanks to github user @epower53 for this:
    • Fixed the non-EC resource consumption on jump execution. Now only EC will be drained, while other resources are left as-is.

• 1 year later...

New release, 0.2.5.3

• Fixed the node size of the large ftl drive
  • Thanks to github user unquietwiki for these two fixes/changes
    • Rendevous" sets a slightly random exit point, to avoid colliding with a vehicle that might already be at the exit point.
    • Set the NaN power to 1, to avoid antimatter failure or other mod issues., 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.