[1.12.x] FTL Drive Continued

linuxgurugamer

The ftl drive section is still giving me the issue of NaN but its for the time not ec. I will try again in a sandbox save, I'm not sure how many mods i can remove with effecting my save but i will remove anything that doesn't have parts in it.

The launch plan was a little different this time. We went up till the launch stage got low on fuel. Staged the launch stage and put it just in a stable orbit after the main ship was headed to an ap of 12Mm. The 100% probability was for around 8.5Mm. Successfully jumped to moho. Staged the ftl drive, switched to the beacon just to see what would happen it didn't explode time. However the ftl section is show NaN for time. I added 4 inline batteries to the ftl drive. It has plenty of power.

It doesn't make any sense that i could jump the whole vehicle but not the ftl section itself. I will attach my current career save to my drive folder, if you have time to look at it. I made quick saves from launch all the way to moho. They all start with EWL in front.

Hu1Rc5n.png

Edited by Jjbb3

Hi Linux,

Thanks for all your help on this. On a whim i decide to force Ckan to update a mod it kept telling me had a file that it didn't install by deleting the extra file. I was able to jump the EWL ftl section back to kerbin and land it successfully. Im going to relaunch my defiant class fixing the issue that i had with oxidizer in the tanks.

The mod was Interstellar fuel switch core that i only decided to download now because interstellar engines weren't working and i was doing my first tests with beamed power. However neither vehicles were not using anything from the interstellar mods as far as i know.

Sorry for all the you went through simply because another mod wasn't updated.

16 hours ago, Jjbb3 said:

Hi Linux,

Thanks for all your help on this. On a whim i decide to force Ckan to update a mod it kept telling me had a file that it didn't install by deleting the extra file. I was able to jump the EWL ftl section back to kerbin and land it successfully. Im going to relaunch my defiant class fixing the issue that i had with oxidizer in the tanks.

The mod was Interstellar fuel switch core that i only decided to download now because interstellar engines weren't working and i was doing my first tests with beamed power. However neither vehicles were not using anything from the interstellar mods as far as i know.

Sorry for all the you went through simply because another mod wasn't updated.

Appreciate the update, glad you got it fixed

@linuxgurugamer  I'm having the same issue as jjbb3 it would appear.  It's like it's not picking up the drive units.

I undocked from my orbiting station, left the Mun gravity well, tried to jump and got the pic below.

I saved the game, reload it, and was able to jump.

Edit: I also noticed that the auto jump (in settings) isn't jumping the craft like it did in 1.3.x.

I'm running 1.4.4 btw.

uc?export=view&id=1YdT-s9lDHGU_sA5tDerWh

Edited by Critter79606

16 minutes ago, Critter79606 said:

@linuxgurugamer  I'm having the same issue as jjbb3 it would appear.  It's like it's not picking up the drive units.

I undocked from my orbiting station, left the Mun gravity well, tried to jump and got the pic below.

I saved the game, reload it, and was able to jump.

Hey Linux, I'm till getting this issue as well. But I did find that reloading the physics on the ship forces it to recalculate. (I.E. Go back to the space center and then switch to the craft again

• 4 weeks later...

i'm experiencing a very peculiar bug with this mod on 1.4.5.  whenever i click on either jump drive part (not the beacon) in the editor, the whole game hangs (and doesn't recover).  i was unable to reproduce this on a new savefile... until i fastforwarded the in-game time ~25000 years (to match my other save). then, boom. same problem.

(in case you're wondering, i sent a beacon to another star system... hence the crazy elapsed time)

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How about a log file?

...shouldn't it be in KSP_x64_Data/?  cause there's no output_log.txt in there.  the only such file is in Launcher_Data (presumably from the one time i opened the launcher)

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ill look at it tomorrow,  but on the meantime, can you set up another install without that starsystem and try it again?

i can try that later tonight, but for the time being, i went into the save file and removed a couple digits from the the UT parameter in FLIGHTSTATE (year is now 24), and it works ok.

2 minutes ago, antgeth said:

i can try that later tonight, but for the time being, i went into the save file and removed a couple digits from the the UT parameter in FLIGHTSTATE (year is now 24), and it works ok.

Interesting, sounds like an overflow in a time counter

10 hours ago, antgeth said:

oops! i've been out of the game (no pun intended) for a while.

here:
http://anterrobang.org/txt/output_log20180816.txt

The log file is incomplete, it ends while you are in the editor.

I just reread your initial post and saw it WAS in the editor

I need the save file unedited.  Looks like it might be something inside the game itself, the only place where the time is referenced is when it's calculating orbits

I was just able to reproduce this in a mostly stock game

Edited by linuxgurugamer

New release, 0.2.1.4

•     Replaced some Debug.Log statements with LogsManager.Info to reduce log spam
  •     Replaced some extremely inefficient code to adjust a value to within a range in CreateOrbit with a simple Modulo operator (was causing a hang when extreme time values existed, such as 25,000 years)

@antgeth This fixes your issue

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.2.1.4

•     Replaced some Debug.Log statements with LogsManager.Info to reduce log spam
  •     Replaced some extremely inefficient code to adjust a value to within a range in CreateOrbit with a simple Modulo operator (was causing a hang when extreme time values existed, such as 25,000 years)

@antgeth This fixes your issue

absolutely spectacular! thank you so much!

@linuxgurugamer

First I have to say, YOU ARE AWESOME! You have picked up support for so many orphaned mods that I have lost count! Thank you!

My question is about the sounds used with this mod. Is there a way to change them? The sound it makes when the drive starts is not the most pleasant.

Thanks in advance.

10 minutes ago, Dr Farnsworth said:

@linuxgurugamer

First I have to say, YOU ARE AWESOME! You have picked up support for so many orphaned mods that I have lost count! Thank you!

My question is about the sounds used with this mod. Is there a way to change them? The sound it makes when the drive starts is not the most pleasant.

Thanks in advance.

Replace the file:

GameData/FTLDriveContinued/Sounds/drive_sound.ogg

with whatever you want to use.  It's an OGG file, and the name will have to be the same

New release, 0.2.1.5

• Optimized destination window a bit by moving the init for the GUIStyles out of the loop
  • Made FTL Destination window more obvious
  • Added choice of skin for windows.
  • Added code to make window KSP skin a bit wider
  • Added hiding of UI on F2

Updated via CKAN. Latest release.

So, I'm outside of Kerbins SOI. Planning to jump to my test beacon around the Mun.

It's like.. Nahhh.. Gettifuh you bassa.. get some more warp drives!

I pop back to KSP and then return to the ship and it seems to have had a memory wipe and it's like...

Well... Helloooo Stranger! Hmmm mmmm! You can jump me right now!

And can then jump to the test beacon.

And of course once you report it... it goes away. Hasn't happened since.

Edited by Daveroski
Details details...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.