Can you view TWR in the Xbox version of the game?

LightYearsToGo

I'm fairly new to the game and play on Xbox. I saw a video where someone set the max thrust of his solid rocket booster so that he had a thrust to weight ratio to his liking. When he left clicked on the booster to lower its thrust, there was a pop up that showed (among other things) his TRW. He was on a PC.

Is there a way to view your TRW while you build your project on the Xbox version? Clicking on a booster only displays the Thrust Limiter and amount of solid fuel.

You can easily calculate it in the VAB:

Thrust in kN / (mass in tons * local gravity)

For Kerbin, local gravity is 9.80665. If you need sea level figures they're visible on the engine's info pane in the editor.

24 minutes ago, regex said:

You can easily calculate it in the VAB:

Thrust in kN / (mass in tons * local gravity)

For Kerbin, local gravity is 9.80665. If you need sea level figures they're visible on the engine's info pane in the editor.

for a quick "back of the napkin" calculations you can use 10 for local gravity (because the math gets really easy).

5 hours ago, RX2000 said:

Thats probably the most requested feature in the stock game (well, TWR & dV) but for some reason it still isnt in. I think its even more important now that they add it to the base game since console gamers cant simply mod it in. :(

Yes, a bit weird as both mechjeb, enginer and kerbal edu has it and its an planned feature. 
Might become messed up with the new fuel flow system.  

56 minutes ago, tjt said:

I've been playing since April and have never heard a Dev / Squad give an official position on why they won't include those. Has anyone seen an official response?

In the beginning, it seemed to go against the games ethos.  (or maybe Harvesters ideas for the game)  Recently it seems more likely, but it will take time to develop.  

Edited by klgraham1013

On 18.10.2016 at 0:32 AM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

The stock version of KSP on PC does not show TWR either.

What you saw was a 3rd party mod that displays Dv/TWR among other things.

Sadly, there is currently no mod support for Xbox.

Map mode -> i(nfo) displays max acceleration. Carry a gravioli detector, and you have what you need for accurate twr :)

1 hour ago, kurja said:

Map mode -> i(nfo) displays max acceleration. Carry a gravioli detector, and you have what you need for accurate twr :)

Neat suggestion, although the OP didn't ask if it was possible to calculate Dv/TWR manually, he asked if there was a display for it in stock console KSP.

Not to mention that the Gravioli Detector is a little high up in the tech tree to be considered a reasonable suggestion for new players.

We won't even get into how suicidal it is for any modern video game to ask it's players to break out a pen and notepad. (As much as us old-schoolers love that sort of thing.)

For Kerbin surface launches (where you most frequently want to know your TWR) you can get it off the navball, though not to great precision. The G meter on the right side is an accurate measure of your TWR so long as you're facing upright and near the ground. It's not all that inaccurate though even all the way up into orbit.

It also "works" anywhere though it's not local TWR. It's always what your TWR would be at Kerbin's surface.

I try to make sure my launches are around 1.3-1.5 TWR, so when I don't have KER installed I try to get the little marker somewhere just shy of midway between the first two ticks.

4 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Neat suggestion, although the OP didn't ask if it was possible to calculate Dv/TWR manually, he asked if there was a display for it in stock console KSP.

Not to mention that the Gravioli Detector is a little high up in the tech tree to be considered a reasonable suggestion for new players.

We won't even get into how suicidal it is for any modern video game to ask it's players to break out a pen and notepad. (As much as us old-schoolers love that sort of thing.)

Sure, but I think that's the closest thing there is in stock to a twr display as that info window in map view shows thrust to mass, which for low kerbin is pretty much the same thing as twr.

Op's actual question ofc has a much simpler answer, which is "no", which was already established.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.