Two additional "Fuel Lines" and "transfer" control group item.

Content Request:

Originally this was going to be a singular request as follows:

A "red" fuel line that would balance tanks.  Simply change the color of the existing FXT-2 External fuel duct to red (White arrows would be nice) . . .and this would represent a fuel flow to balance the two(or more connected) tanks based upon remaining fuel.

The two following ideas came to mind, and closely related enough to include here:

Another balance format may be better to represent with another color (say green), that would balance based upon the size of the tank (or pressure related).  I'm going to simplify the numbers on the FLT-400 and FLT-800 for illustration purposes of how this would work.   Adding both the Liquid fuel & oxidizer you have a total volume of 400 and 800 respectively.  Say you've connected these two tanks with a pressure fuel duct . . . and used 1/2 of your fuel (600 remaining) instead of balancing the tanks at 300 & 300, the remaining fuel would balance at 200 and 400.

This brings up a "Fuel control unit" that would be nice to link two tanks with an action group, and upon activating, would transfer "out or in" the remaining fuel.  In my mind, I picture this as a dark blue fuel line with yellow arrows, and having a white 'hexagon' that sits in the middle of the fuel path. This hexagon, slightly thicker than the fuel duct, would be selectable when entering the Actions menu, and could be set with action groups of "transfer out" or "transfer in".

Edited by Gromitrix

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.