[1.9.x] VOID UnVoided - Vessel Orbital Informational Display

linuxgurugamer

2 minutes ago, Argonicus said:

That's true, but it's like linux without good pocketmanager, you may make all crush. also CKAN helps keep mods on date.

True. However after running into a few problems with CKAN I decided to do everything the old fashioned way. Maybe it takes a little bit more time but I hardly have to cope with weird bugs. I know I won't enable CKAN for my own mods ... if they're too technical for the user to install, they aren't for that user anyway.

On 09/06/2017 at 9:59 PM, Azimech said:

CKAN is overrated. With 90% of the mods you'd do yourself a favour when you install them manually. It's easy, hardly more work than using CKAN, you're improving your skills and at the same time reducing the risk of problems. CKAN is not without problems.

Overrated? Let's have a race to install RO.

Why would I want to improve my skills at a boring repetitive job that a computer can do for me? Computers are good at boring repetitive jobs. I no more want to improve my skills at it than I want to spend my time un-aring and un-tarring Debian packages on the offchance that dpkg suddenly falls down the back of the sofa - and maybe doing all the stuff in the install scripts for those packages by hand, just in case the shell interpreter is gone? Come to think of it, you'd probably prefer I "improve my skills" by writing my own kernel first.

It's not without problems; the best way forward is to get the metadata right, to do work once so that a mod always installs correctly, rather than demanding each user do the donkey work themselves (which they will inevitably get wrong, producing the usual constant stream of "unzipped it in the wrong place" and suchlike.)

Edited by damerell

On 6/11/2017 at 5:41 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

VOID is now updated in CKAN.

I had been so busy getting all my mods updated, I had forgotten that VOID was in a beta state until this release, and I had never added the new version to CKAN.

All done now, should be available for 1.3

Disregard. Issue with my install. So glad this was revived.

Edited by theersink

• 4 weeks later...

- How to change UI to other visual styles like other types of vanila UI: on screenshots in OP and Djmajic's basic mods , current version doesn't seem to have these options but I think older versions had.. idk

- Does it show in-flight burntime that the current stage has? Like if it has 2km/s dv I'd like to see how fast it'll get burnt through at max thrust of the current stage.

Edited by gendalf

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The calculations are off in the old version for 1.4.

For those who are waiting, I have good news:

• I've updated the code with the new calculations from KER, need to verify them.
  • The code has been updated for 1.4, including the addition of the ToolbarController and the ClickThroughBlocker
  • The setting for the Blizzy toolbar has been removed and is now controlled by the Toolbar Controller

I hope to release it tomorrow, if all goes well

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The calculations are off in the old version for 1.4.

For those who are waiting, I have good news:

• I've updated the code with the new calculations from KER, need to verify them.
  • The code has been updated for 1.4, including the addition of the ToolbarController and the ClickThroughBlocker
  • The setting for the Blizzy toolbar has been removed and is now controlled by the Toolbar Controller

I hope to release it tomorrow, if all goes well

Now I'm curious, which calculations and how far were they off?

This mod is still essential to us turboheads after all these years, so a very big THANK YOU for continued support!

40 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Now I'm curious, which calculations and how far were they off?

This mod is still essential to us turboheads after all these years, so a very big THANK YOU for continued support!

No idea.  Look at the KER release notes for details

As I was using the old original last version of VOID, I was hopping to switch to this fresh one, but I can't get the VOID icon on my launch bar.

Do you have any idea why ? (VOID 1.1.7 / KSP 1.4.3 Linux + KerbalAlarmClock mod)

Thanks for the quick answer, I'll try this. [edit : work fine, thanks a lot ! ]

Could you update the `INSTALL` part of the OP and the `Readme.md` in the github project ? (I found your version from the fork page of github, so I totally miss the dependency warning...)

Edited by blag

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like there is a dependency on Toadicus Tools.....

[LOG 20:25:20.587] Load(Assembly): VOID/MiniAVC
[LOG 20:25:20.587] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\VOID\MiniAVC.dll
[LOG 20:25:20.590] Load(Assembly): VOID/Plugins/VesselSimulator
[LOG 20:25:20.590] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\VOID\Plugins\VesselSimulator.dll
[LOG 20:25:21.016] Load(Assembly): VOID/Plugins/VOID
[LOG 20:25:21.016] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\VOID\Plugins\VOID.dll
[LOG 20:25:21.675] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'ToadicusTools' V0.0.0
[LOG 20:25:21.675] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'VesselSimulator' V0.0.0
[WRN 20:25:24.162] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'VOID' has not met dependency 'ToadicusTools' V0.0.0
[WRN 20:25:24.162] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'VOID' is missing 1 dependencies

• 5 months later...

Hey, I need some help with this mod. i recently installed it and it doesn't work. i installed both the dependencies, i tried installing the ToadicusTools thing as well, i tried installing the version from spacedock instead, and no matter what i can't get the icon to show up. It does show up under the toolbar controller UI though. Mind helping me with this?

Edited by TheScienceGuy120

1 minute ago, TheScienceGuy120 said:

Hey, I need some help with this mod. i recently installed it and it doesn't work. i installed both the dependencies, i tried installing the ToadicusTools thing as well, i tried installing the version from spacedock instead, and no matter what i can't get the icon to show up. Mind helping me with this?

Log file, please

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.