[1.9.x] VOID UnVoided - Vessel Orbital Informational Display

linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, S4qFBxkFFg said:

Somehow, I've lost the icon for VOID, or the mod isn't running.  I tried running with only the mods automatically installed by CKAN when selecting VOID, but it still isn't showing.

The logs are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vqrA8CiBbAGKT-CerIOXISyHH48mVC-N?usp=sharing , I think that link should work for anyone.

Using the Steam Linux game, both DLCs installed.

Confirmed and replicated, working on a fix

7 hours ago, S4qFBxkFFg said:

Somehow, I've lost the icon for VOID, or the mod isn't running.  I tried running with only the mods automatically installed by CKAN when selecting VOID, but it still isn't showing.

The logs are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vqrA8CiBbAGKT-CerIOXISyHH48mVC-N?usp=sharing , I think that link should work for anyone.

Using the Steam Linux game, both DLCs installed.

Problem was in the ToadicusTools library.  It's been updated, you can download it now by hand

The new version will be 1.22.4.4, so when you refresh CKAN, you can see if it's available or not

Edit:  Still a problem with VOID, it might need to be rebuilt, testing it now, I needed to wait for the new library to be available in CKAN to test this

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I would appreciate a possibility to change the appearance of the readout:
BmmROeD.jpg

0.010M ?

I would like to see real numbers instead of "9.8k" or ".1" etc.

I can take a look, but to save me some time, I need a craft file which shows the above (or similar), i don't' want to spend time building a rocket to get those values.  Very busy with other stuff, trying to maximize my time

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I'm using the latest release of VOID that was published (1.1.11.1), but I noticed that it is spamming the console with the following lines (~10 iterations per second), it is normal?

[LOG 14:39:07.376] VesselSimulator -> SimManager.StartSimulation() // routine is null
[LOG 14:39:07.377] VesselSimulator ->   at UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour.StartCoroutine (System.Collections.IEnumerator routine) [0x00009] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.SimManager.StartSimulation () [0x000f1] in <57ccd2f841574a2bb38094bdf6d54178>:0 

I've not found any mod that can replace VOID for the information it shows in flight when playing.

Edited by ndiver

15 hours ago, ndiver said:

Hello,

I'm using the latest release of VOID that was published (1.1.11.1), but I noticed that it is spamming the console with the following lines (~10 iterations per second), it is normal?

[LOG 14:39:07.376] VesselSimulator -> SimManager.StartSimulation() // routine is null
[LOG 14:39:07.377] VesselSimulator ->   at UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour.StartCoroutine (System.Collections.IEnumerator routine) [0x00009] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.SimManager.StartSimulation () [0x000f1] in <57ccd2f841574a2bb38094bdf6d54178>:0 

I've not found any mod that can replace VOID for the information it shows in flight when playing.

@ndiver, you should still provide the full logs on a download site for @linuxgurugamer to debug.  See the details in my signature.

4 hours ago, Jacke said:

@ndiver, you should still provide the full logs on a download site for @linuxgurugamer to debug.  See the details in my signature.

The latest logs were around 30-40Mb and filled mostly by these lines repeated over and over. I've to determine how to share such a file.
I noticed that these lines stop to appear when 'Enable Engineering Calculations' is disabled, but then, no more TWR or other useful infos.

47 minutes ago, ndiver said:

The latest logs were around 30-40Mb and filled mostly by these lines repeated over and over. I've to determine how to share such a file.
I noticed that these lines stop to appear when 'Enable Engineering Calculations' is disabled, but then, no more TWR or other useful infos.

knowing how to replicate is most definitely useful, information which was not present in your original post.

But I'd still like the full logs, there are lots of missing details which they can answer

for example, are you in the editor or in flight (or other scene)?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

51 minutes ago, ndiver said:

Ummm, why would you expect to see TWR or other info when you disable the engineering calculations?

52 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

knowing how to replicate is most definitely useful, information which was not present in your original post.

But I'd still like the full logs, there are lots of missing details which they can answer

for example, are you in the editor or in flight (or other scene)?

It is in flight.
I made this morning a short session, I send you the log by PM.

I expect other potential issues in this log considering the amount of mods. The console spam by VOID can be seen between the lines 58760 and 64880 of the log.
Here are the mods in my game:

Spoiler

ksp_mo10.jpg

28 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, why would you expect to see TWR or other info when you disable the engineering calculations?

I don't, I don't :D

Edited by ndiver

1 hour ago, ndiver said:

What to do in this case is plan out exactly the process of starting up KSP, loading your save, loading a vessel, wait a short bit of time, then exit.  That should have the full logs not be so long.  Store them in a zip to save space.

18 minutes ago, Jacke said:

What to do in this case is plan out exactly the process of starting up KSP, loading your save, loading a vessel, wait a short bit of time, then exit.  That should have the full logs not be so long.  Store them in a zip to save space.

That's what I did and shared to linuxgurugamer (just a 8Mb log file with a random satellite opened for a couple of minutes), enough to generate 8k lines repeated.

New release, 1.1.11.2

• Made SimManager start at mainmenu
  • Made SimManager to not be destroyed on scene change
  • Removed static from methods in SimManager
  • Added a "yield return null" to the end of the RunSimulation() (had a return null, causing errors)

• 2 weeks later...

I found another performance issue with VOID. It can kill the FPS (the arrow is precisely when i activate Head-Up Display in the VAB):

void_b10.jpg

Interestingly, when I have this FPS drop, going in the tab Crew put back the FPS to normal, and then going back to parts just kills back the FPS.
It does not start immediately in the VAB interestingly, but once there, the game even in flight becomes unplayable.

Should I send you back the Player.log?

Edited by ndiver

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.