[1.9.x] VOID UnVoided - Vessel Orbital Informational Display

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Is this mod on CKAN? I really hope so since KER isn't ,and its the only other mod if its kind (except for mechjeb, which is feels too cheaty for me :().

Besides ... installing mods yourself has been easy since day one ;-)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also, it seems the logger still doesn't keep track of how long it's taking to process the log data. So eventually you end up with something like this:

szTD96w.png

Note how the Universal Time value skips a whole second, because the logger is waiting one second, processing the log values (which takes a few ms) then waiting another second. Eventually those unaccounted for milliseconds add up. What it needs to be doing is noting the time it starts the logging operation, noting the time it finishes the logging operation, then subtracting its processing time from 1 second (or however long the user set the interval) and waiting that long.

I made a mode detailed post about this when I came across the same problem doing my own logging with kOS.

I see that "revisit logging" is on the ToDo list, but wasn't sure if that included this issue or not.

Edited by Drew Kerman

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

It seems that some parts never show dV or TWR in flight at all.

It could be it's a "revert issue", so it stops working as soon as I reverted to launch or VAB.

KSP.log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkfyo1rimtcboqi/2017-05-01-1 KSP.log.7z?dl=0

Please get me the output_log.txt, it has more info.

Also, is it possible to identify which parts are being ignored?  It's probably from a specific mod, would help if you could identify it

About the CSV Data Logger: I'm unable to record into a CSV file the data from a flight; even so I check the button "Data logging: Inactive" bringing it to "Data logging: Active" I still haven't any kind of CSV file with the flight data.
What is it happening?

2 hours ago, Kandréas said:

About the CSV Data Logger: I'm unable to record into a CSV file the data from a flight; even so I check the button "Data logging: Inactive" bringing it to "Data logging: Active" I still haven't any kind of CSV file with the flight data.
What is it happening?

check the save folder, it should be in there. If it is not there, then post your output_log.txt file somewhere LGG can see it

Edited by Drew Kerman

19 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

check the save folder, it should be in there. If it is not there, then post your output_log.txt file somewhere LGG can see it

Thank you! I finally found them.
Just one more question: is it possible to choose the data that VOID will record into the CSV file?

Edited by Kandréas

6 hours ago, Kandréas said:

is it possible to choose the data that VOID will record into the CSV file?

No. Toadicus (the original author) added some stuff at my request so maybe LGG will entertain such requests as well. Otherwise you're going to want to look into kOS for creating your own logger

Edited by Drew Kerman

13 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

No. Toadicus (the original author) added some stuff at my request so maybe LGG will entertain such requests as well. Otherwise you're going to want to look into kOS for creating your own logger

Give me an idea as to what you need logged.  If it's not too difficult, I'll see if I can get it in there tonight

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Give me an idea as to what you need logged.  If it's not too difficult, I'll see if I can get it in there tonight

not me, @Kandréas

Although I am wondering if you'll correct the logging timer

Edited by Drew Kerman

• 3 weeks later...

I will give it another try, my post up there

is about an issue that is nearly the same as in KER ... in flight mode no info about the TWR and the dV of the actual stage (but for all other stages and total).

So I tried KER again, same issue:

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Argonicus said:

Can't wait till it was updated in CKAN :)

CKAN is overrated. With 90% of the mods you'd do yourself a favour when you install them manually. It's easy, hardly more work than using CKAN, you're improving your skills and at the same time reducing the risk of problems. CKAN is not without problems.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.