Cricket sounds too low.

What the title says...

Crickets really need to hum louder.  I had to put my volume 3x the usual amount to just barely hear them.
Since ppl might complain they are too loud if you raise the volume too much, how about an additional slider "Cricket volume" in the settings ?

At any rate, it's nothing compared to the birds and it's a shame...
I am rather found of Crickets in RL too, until my cat eats them all at any rate Oo

4 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

Are the birds still ear crippling? I'm still on 1.0.5 due to mods

Yeah the birds are loud and clear.
Crickets and RCS sounds aren't.

2 hours ago, Sharpy said:

AihpgAA.png

First Kerbin Problems :D

It's a good thing when I can complain about the "Nice to have" stuff instead of game crippling bugs.
Should be taken the good way, and since it's a matter of editing a sound file (or 2), should be an easy adjustment.

Edited by Francois424

16 hours ago, Sharpy said:

AihpgAA.png

First Kerbin Problems :D

I hope the devs see this thread, it would be a happy moment for them to see that some of the high priority bugs are stuff like crickets not chirping loud enough:P...Imagine the red sticky note on the stand-up board, among all the legit bugfixes and features to add...then this one: "Crickets not chirping loud enough"

Edited by Blaarkies

21 minutes ago, Blaarkies said:

I hope the devs see this thread, it would be a happy moment for them to see that some of the high priority bugs are stuff like crickets not chirping loud enough:P...Imagine the red sticky note on the wall, "Crickets not chirping loud enough"

I imagine Gene Kerman wading through the grass outside KSC, with a long whip in his hand, snapping the whip over the grass, yelling 'Louder! Chirp louder!', meanwhile tired crickets observe him in fear.

18 hours ago, Sharpy said:

I imagine Gene Kerman wading through the grass outside KSC, with a long whip in his hand, snapping the whip over the grass, yelling 'Louder! Chirp louder!', meanwhile tired crickets observe him in fear.

Yet nobody does anything about the ear-destroying birds at KSC.

Now that I think about it, maybe they're the reason kerbals don't have ears. Those biological megaphones we call "KSC Birds" have long destroyed them.

35 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

Yet nobody does anything about the ear-destroying birds at KSC.

Now that I think about it, maybe they're the reason kerbals don't have ears. Those biological megaphones we call "KSC Birds" have long destroyed them.

What volume do people play their game at that birds become a problem? I feel like if I had volume up loud enough for that to be a thing, my airplanes and rockets would be audible at the other end of my house.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.