Devnotes are moved to Friday

UomoCapra

I got a question that hopefully gets an answer in the devnote; What is going to happen with the Partsoverhaul that porkjet started? So far they are not included in 1.2 and as he no longer has the time to complete them, will they just be dropped?

4 hours ago, MaxPeck said:

Oh man.  This thread has taught me that many of you guys need to pick up a book once in a while.  Wow.

My post on the last page did NOT come from the Doctor.

I'll get right on that. Starting when the clocks strike thirteen.

1 hour ago, KSK said:

I'll get right on that. Starting when the clocks strike thirteen.

Ah, so 1pm!  Righty-oh.

(@MaxPeck We have always been at war with Eurasia.)

Edited by pxi

2 hours ago, Chris_2 said:

There will be devnotes when there are devs again.

Yeah, on the Squadcast on the 20th (live from the Squad main office with UomoCapra and Badie, plus Squelch on voice), I asked who will be the new lead dev for KSP, and the answer was they are doing interviews. :)

8 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

Has it occurred to you that a company can have active devs who aren't visible on the forums?

Yes. But I don't think squad has them, as they are a marketing company. But we will see in the coming dev / marketing notes what will happen...

I'm really afraid posts like this one are a good example of what we can expect:

Edited by Chris_2

Just now, Chris_2 said:

Yes. But I don't think squad has them, as they are a marketing company. But we will see in the coming dev / marketing notes what will happen...

As they several years ago worked with staging events for external clients, yes.

I for one don't bother much about the notes, I'd say that we'll see in the coming releases.

3 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

As they several years ago worked with staging events for external clients, yes.

I for one don't bother much about the notes, I'd say that we'll see in the coming releases.

Yes. The coming releases of "KSP franchise" with "new technologies" on "new platforms" that will "expand the KSP experience towards new horizons". It will all be amazing!

In reality some [snip] has happened that has caused all the real devs to run away from the company. What do you expect will come from that same company? Honestly?

Yes!   I always wondered why it wasn't on Friday, devnotes always seemed like a good end of week thing, at least from the perspective of the reader.   Will releases also be on Fridays?

On 2016-10-22 at 4:54 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

My guess would be no, releasing on a Friday is a great way to make the devs work that weekend (has happened in the past when a critical bug slipped though and needed a hotfix).

Most companies/studios release on Tuesdays.

It leaves Monday to make sure everything is good to go, and then Wed-Fri to deal with the fall-out.

On 2016-10-22 at 4:54 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

My guess would be no, releasing on a Friday is a great way to make the devs work that weekend (has happened in the past when a critical bug slipped though and needed a hotfix).

The Friday hotfix (which is the only Friday release from Squad that I can remember) was just why they always try to release on Tuesdays.

It gave them 3 days to deal with a critical issue and decide that the issue was critical enough not to wait for next Tuesday.

It's also why a grey and grizzly project managers hold update meeting on Tue/Wednesdays, and never on a Friday.

(Some really evil ones have theirs on Monday morning ...)

If something looks bad, you need time to deal with it :wink: