[1.2] Para-Sci High-Performance Atmosphere Pack v1.1 - 27 October 2016

problemecium

• 3 weeks later...

Good mod, but do you have any performance statistics that show the difference between this mod and standard SVE for example?

Since you claim that this is better for low specs, but would be interesting to see how much better. I ask because my PC is neither a brick nor a spaceship and it would be interesting to see what gain there is in using your mod.

Edited by mystik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2017 at 11:34 PM, Neil De grasse Babu said:

Is it normal for it to take ages to load the game in the first place??! 

Depends on your PC and how many mods. For instance, I have a "Meh" PC, and it takes 3 minutes usually to load without mods. However, when I have my full modlist(50+Mods) It takes 10-15 minutes.

Also, could you please add auroras? I think it is my most favorite feature from any visual enhancement mod.( I hope others will agree with me)

I'll give it more consideration but at present:
A: I have no aurora textures aside from the ones from Astronomer's packs, and I don't want to steal other people's stuff.
B: Every new texture layer I add hurts the game's performance more.
C: It's been a little while since I checked but when I last did, EVE's current edition didn't properly support noctilucent features such as aurorae.

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I have a computer with an Core i5 3470 3.2 GHz processor with graphics capability (Intel HD Graphics 2500) and a P8H77-M LE motherboard with no discrete graphics card.

EVE with either default or your configs performs slowly — about 5 fps om Kerbin.

Could you advice, which parameters in the EVE configuration menu should I try to adjust to improve the performance on my machine?

(Here’s the log file if needed: KSP 1.2.2 x64 Para-Sci High-Performance Atmosphere Pack log)

P.S. In KSP 1.1.x, EVE with the default configs performed smoothly for me.

Edited by Teilnehmer

• 3 weeks later...

Hey This looks great! Just getting into trying to figure out a get laptop setup. There's a lot of recently out of date stuff out there. That being said, Dropbox has stopped providing pubic links, no more file sharing for dropbox users. :( Your mod is on growing list of unavailable  mods due to dropbox effectively shutting down. May I suggest github and or spacedock that where all the cool kids hang out.

Edit:

FYI: @Starslinger99 I was slightly wrong about dropbox. See here, Also a really good alternative light visual pack. Since @parameciumkid seems to have been away for awhile. 

Edited by snkiz
seemed like a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2017 at 7:00 PM, snkiz said:

Hey This looks great! Just getting into trying to figure out a get laptop setup. There's a lot of recently out of date stuff out there. That being said, Dropbox has stopped providing pubic links, no more file sharing for dropbox users. :( Your mod is on growing list of unavailable  mods due to dropbox effectively shutting down. May I suggest github and or spacedock that where all the cool kids hang out.

Please.

4 hours ago, MaxZhao said:

Or you can click the link, drag it into Gamedata and try it first hand?

Yes, it works~ Have fun

Yes, I have figured out that already but it seems that even this optimized package is too much for my elderly PC...Thanks anyway.

Sorry, was dead. No longer dead.

Dropbox apparently changed the way URLs for public files work without notifying me, hence even though the file was still in my public folder the link broke and nobody could get to it. That has been resolved.

To my knowledge this pack should indeed work with 1.2.2 and even the 1.2.9 prerelease as long as you get EVE to work.

8 minutes ago, problemecium said:

Sorry, was dead. No longer dead.

Dropbox apparently changed the way URLs for public files work without notifying me, hence even though the file was still in my public folder the link broke and nobody could get to it. That has been resolved.

To my knowledge this pack should indeed work with 1.2.2 and even the 1.2.9 prerelease as long as you get EVE to work.

Hi! Glad you're back! I'll take my link down then. Love your mod, glad you're back. Will you continue the development? There's some weird splitting of the atmosphere creating a "halo" around kerbin going on, donno if you've time to take a look and fix it?

31 minutes ago, vdr1981 said:

Yes, I have figured out that already but it seems that even this optimized package is too much for my elderly PC...Thanks anyway.

Haha same here, lags a lot but I have a mac so can't complain. Even Smoke Screen lags my laptop

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.