[1.2] Para-Sci High-Performance Atmosphere Pack v1.1 - 27 October 2016

problemecium

44 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

Ok... I'm running on 1.2.2, and dropped the mod in the GameData folder, but nothing is working. Like the mod doesn't appear to work at all, is there anything else I have to install, or I have to turn it on in game?

Do you have EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements installed? It's a requirement for all cloud packs to work. 

3 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

Ahh... maybe that's why. I do not have environemntalvisualEnchancement, maybe a link to where to download it?

There is a search bar at the top for future reference :wink: 

Don't download the EVE configs. Just the plugin

Edited by Galileo

On 10/19/2016 at 11:13 PM, problemecium said:

Ah yes, I turned off shadows too. In addition to performance constraints I didn't really like them all that much to begin with.

Good afternoon!  A question; does this mean that under clouds a planet's surface will still appear as a sunny day?  Is this obviously... 'odd', or does one get used to it fairly swiftly?...

6 hours ago, GarrisonChisholm said:

Good afternoon!  A question; does this mean that under clouds a planet's surface will still appear as a sunny day?  Is this obviously... 'odd', or does one get used to it fairly swiftly?...

Yeah it doesn't really seem odd, in fact I barely notice it before you mentioned 

Good morning- I installed this over the weekend, and I have CLOUDS!  I would upload a photo if I had it, but suffice to say Kerbin looks beautiful, I *never* thought I would be able to play with clouds.  Thank you so much for this, everyone involved in its creation.

I did have one question though; when I click on the EVE tool-bar button at the Space Center, the first display seems to show part of a config but says only things like "error" or "undefined".  However, everything seems to be working ok.  Is this how it is supposed to look?  I didn't click on anything in the config, just closed the window.

• 1 month later...

For so long I have been struggling with the do I want to play the game smooth at 40-60fps or do I want the game to look beautiful with sunset and sunrises. This pack has made that struggle obsolete. Thank you.

For those having installation problems. I just downloaded EVE without the configs. Dragged and dropped. Downloaded this and dragged and dropped. Worked fine for me.

Edited by TheKnave

1 minute ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Is this compatible with Scatterer? 

Yes, but I think the mod used EVE clouds to simulate a scatterer like atmosphere. I don't know how good it would look with both but I assume it wouldn't be awful.

• 3 weeks later...

*sees in a reply to question about visual mods*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Even though I've got a geforce GTX, I have cooling issues. Laptops aren't the best at cooling.

Edited by Linventor

I tried this with KScale64 and the clouds seem to be an altitude of about 30 km. Obviously seeing clouds in almost space is not nice. :P Unfortunately, I do not understand the configs myself. What value would I change to adjust this?

• 2 months later...
On 26/10/2017 at 9:58 AM, techgamer16 said:

Hmmm, just downloaded this and I seem to get no sea textures, and Kerbin looks like this: 

https://imgur.com/a/AY1XN

For sea textures download Scatterer and install on top of this.

Also, Make sure you installed the right mod version according you your game version (1.2.2, 1.3, 1.3.1)

Edited by Agustin

• 4 weeks later...

I had scatterer and Stock Visual Enhancements installed with this but it was lagging my game too much. I uninstalled them both and installed this, and it seems to be working except for one significant issue. The entire Negative X section of the skybox, which is in the direction of the sun at game start, is just a grey square. I checked the file and it seems to not have been corrupted as I can open it fine in paint.net. I know this is the specific section because I'm using a custom skybox that is essentially a more detailed version of the stock one, and the galactic core, which is in this section, is not present in the other skybox directions. Does anyone understand this problem? I need help on fixing.

Upon deleting and reinstalling this mod I discovered that it is not what actually is causing the problem. However the removal of SVE and scatterer and installation of this mod is when this started.

Edited by Pavel ☭

• 2 months later...
On 19/10/2016 at 11:59 PM, Galileo said:

WOOT! Would you mind if i linked this thread in the SVE op? 

This is awesome and definitely a needed pack for those who cant run SVE or KSPRC or any other visual pack for that matter. Thanks for this!

You're too kind, Galileo. STOP BEING GOOD TO THE COMUNITY FOR ONCE!!! lol

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.