[1.2] Para-Sci High-Performance Atmosphere Pack v1.1 - 27 October 2016

problemecium

7 minutes ago, parameciumkid said:

First try reading the first page :wink:

And also the comment literally just above yours.

oh my god i keep making this mistake... wait actully what comment becuz it says nothing about how to fix the clouds not moving oh and didnt find out how to install i just guessed

Edited by Program Kerbal Space

1 minute ago, parameciumkid said:

Unless you already know how to edit atmosphere configurations in EVE, the only way to fix the clouds is to wait around for me to post an updated version of the pack.

oh ok theres a lot of glitches but heres 1 i spotted in the title screen kerbin's atmosphere is glitched

Edited by Program Kerbal Space

46 minutes ago, Program Kerbal Space said:

did you edit it where clouds dont puff when you get near?

Yes. this is a performance based visual pack for those who don't have very strong computers. There are no volumetric puffy clouds

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Yes. this is a performance based visual pack for those who don't have very strong computers. There are no volumetric puffy clouds

well i guess it is something then because my computer cant even handle EVE without this man nvidia geforce is horrible

Does the pack still lag badly if you try launching a ship with only a few parts (say just a probe core and an RTG)? I have trouble buying that your GPU is too weak when I can run this easily on Intel HD Graphics 4000 on a laptop.
If the problem is tied to how many parts your ship has or how many ships are in your save file, then it's not the graphics card but your CPU that's underperforming.
If the problem is related to how many mods you have installed, then it's your RAM that's too small.

I'm also looking into seeing if I can disable the procedural noise feature in the cloud detail textures, as I have a feeling it's also a big performance hog.

UPDATE!:
Turns out the noise feature isn't a procedural noise function at all, as I had thought it was, but merely a scrolling texture.
The pack has now been updated with a correction to the stationary clouds on Kerbin (I had accidentally set their speed to 0), all unused textures trimmed out, and a few other minor adjustments.

Edited by parameciumkid
UPDATE!

8 hours ago, parameciumkid said:

UPDATE!:
Turns out the noise feature isn't a procedural noise function at all, as I had thought it was, but merely a scrolling texture.
The pack has now been updated with a correction to the stationary clouds on Kerbin (I had accidentally set their speed to 0), all unused textures trimmed out, and a few other minor adjustments.

Brilliant, I am glad i could help, even though it were just i silly mistake.:D

1 hour ago, parameciumkid said:

I recommend reading through the EVE thread for information on how to create custom EVE configurations. This is just a configuration I made, so editing it and adding features is the same as it is with EVE and any other EVE configuration pack.

ok i will then

hi good job on creating this

experiencing some lag issues with scatterer i tried this and just notice that the visual isn't as great as i tought it would be i dont know if it's normal but check out these screenshoot i get, the terrain becomes unsightly and the clouds are octogonal, the visual enhancement becomes a visual dimish/disgrace

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/5ax2Alk.png

[/img]JOocIGA.png

BW3GAo0.png

xlWZw7u.png

CL5hyYZ.png

sVOZPrx.png

tell me is this visual rendin, what it should to been ?

maybe my gpu is to hight compare this low quality ?

ps. sry for my english i belive it's still comprehensive

The terrain looking blocky is due to your game settings, not this pack or any mod.

As for the rest it looks basically the way I made it. It's not going to be as pretty as Scatterer, and the default game has no clouds at all, so take that as an upgrade or downgrade how you will.

Sorta both. EVE seems to have some limitations insofar as I can't currently find a way to control how fast the layer's opacity changes with distance (as used to be a feature), so I had to make a compromise between making it opaque enough to show up clearly from Kerbin (and end up being partially visible near the Mun) and making it transparent enough not to show up from near the Mun (and being too subtle to notice from Kerbin).

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.