problemecium

[1.2] Para-Sci High-Performance Atmosphere Pack v1.1 - 27 October 2016

Ok... I'm running on 1.2.2, and dropped the mod in the GameData folder, but nothing is working. Like the mod doesn't appear to work at all, is there anything else I have to install, or I have to turn it on in game?

44 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

Ok... I'm running on 1.2.2, and dropped the mod in the GameData folder, but nothing is working. Like the mod doesn't appear to work at all, is there anything else I have to install, or I have to turn it on in game?

Do you have EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements installed? It's a requirement for all cloud packs to work. 

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Do you have EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements installed? It's a requirement for all cloud packs to work. 

Ahh... maybe that's why. I do not have environemntalvisualEnchancement, maybe a link to where to download it?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

Ahh... maybe that's why. I do not have environemntalvisualEnchancement, maybe a link to where to download it?

There is a search bar at the top for future reference :wink: 

Don't download the EVE configs. Just the plugin

Edited by Galileo

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Galileo said:

There is a search bar at the top for future reference :wink: 

Don't download the EVE configs. Just the plugin

ok got it, thank you!

Final question, where does the plugin go? 

Edited by william2002730

15 hours ago, william2002730 said:

ok got it, thank you!

Final question, where does the plugin go? 

In the game data folder, it should have a file called environmentalvisualenhancement and one called boulderco

This looks great. Can anyone say if it works on rescaled systems or if there are tweaks I'd have to make?

14 hours ago, MaxZhao said:

In the game data folder, it should have a file called environmentalvisualenhancement and one called boulderco

ahh, I did that... but still not working :(

On 10/19/2016 at 11:13 PM, problemecium said:

Ah yes, I turned off shadows too. In addition to performance constraints I didn't really like them all that much to begin with.

Good afternoon!  A question; does this mean that under clouds a planet's surface will still appear as a sunny day?  Is this obviously... 'odd', or does one get used to it fairly swiftly?...

6 hours ago, GarrisonChisholm said:

Good afternoon!  A question; does this mean that under clouds a planet's surface will still appear as a sunny day?  Is this obviously... 'odd', or does one get used to it fairly swiftly?...

Yeah it doesn't really seem odd, in fact I barely notice it before you mentioned 

Good morning- I installed this over the weekend, and I have CLOUDS!  I would upload a photo if I had it, but suffice to say Kerbin looks beautiful, I *never* thought I would be able to play with clouds.  Thank you so much for this, everyone involved in its creation.

I did have one question though; when I click on the EVE tool-bar button at the Space Center, the first display seems to show part of a config but says only things like "error" or "undefined".  However, everything seems to be working ok.  Is this how it is supposed to look?  I didn't click on anything in the config, just closed the window.

This should work on any version of KSP in which EVE works, unless Waz posts a new version that breaks old configs.

Any idea on how to use the Eeloo high orbit clouds to emulate a comet's tail?

Posted (edited)

For so long I have been struggling with the do I want to play the game smooth at 40-60fps or do I want the game to look beautiful with sunset and sunrises. This pack has made that struggle obsolete. Thank you.

For those having installation problems. I just downloaded EVE without the configs. Dragged and dropped. Downloaded this and dragged and dropped. Worked fine for me.

Edited by TheKnave

Posted (edited)

Can't wait to try this out! :D 

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

1 minute ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Is this compatible with Scatterer? 

Yes, but I think the mod used EVE clouds to simulate a scatterer like atmosphere. I don't know how good it would look with both but I assume it wouldn't be awful.

Posted (edited)

*sees in a reply to question about visual mods*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Even though I've got a geforce GTX, I have cooling issues. Laptops aren't the best at cooling.

Edited by Linventor

I tried this with KScale64 and the clouds seem to be an altitude of about 30 km. Obviously seeing clouds in almost space is not nice. :P Unfortunately, I do not understand the configs myself. What value would I change to adjust this?