How far has your career save gotten?

Souper

I'm making a template for measuring how far your career save has gotten. Here it is:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date in kerbin time: Y1.D1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tech tier (Starting tech is tier 0): 0

Last milestone -

LAUNCHED FIRST CRAFT <---

ENTERED ORBIT

ORBITED MUN / MINMUS

LANDED ON MUN / MINMUS

BUILT SPACE STATION WITH MASS GREATER THAN 30T

ACHIEVED INTERPLANETARY TRAVEL

ACHIEVED MANNED INTERPLANETARY TRAVEL, RETURNED HOME

INTERPLANETARY SPACE STATION

INTERPLANETARY BASE

INTERSTELLAR ARK

Funds: 25,000

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's mine

Date in kerbin time: Y4.D~350

Tech tier (Starting tech is tier 0): 5.1

Last milestone -

LAUNCHED FIRST CRAFT

ENTERED ORBIT

ORBITED MUN / MINMUS

LANDED ON MUN / MINMUS

BUILT SPACE STATION WITH MASS GREATER THAN 30T

ACHIEVED INTERPLANETARY TRAVEL

ACHIEVED MANNED INTERPLANETARY TRAVEL, RETURNED HOME <------------------------------------------------------

INTERPLANETARY SPACE STATION

INTERPLANETARY BASE

INTERSTELLAR ARK

Funds: ~350,000

Edited by Souper

That's kinda complicated and I don't temember the exact numbers of everything I had last time I played it, but I can tell you that I was far enough to have a tiny probe, simple base module and a jet drone landed on Laythe. Wanted to continue my Laythe colonization plans when an update came out, tweaked the tree in a way I couldn't use previously available jet engines, so I got angry and quit.

That's the last time I tried to play a proper career save. But it got tweaked. Then again. And another tweak came out. And now I'm wishing for a quick end of development of this game so I can finally mod it and keep it that way for more than 2 months.

Edited by Veeltch

My main career save was started in 1.0.3 and has been successfully converted to a 1.2 save.

I have rescued a Kerbal from Eeloo orbit.

I have recovered a Kerbal along with his debris from low orbit of the sun.

I have recovered a Kerbal along with her debris from the surface of Vall.

I am currently engaged in rescuing a Kerbal from the surface of Eve.

Happy landings!

I just sent Jeb to Duna orbit and returned him. Would it surprise you to know that's a big thing for me? I didn't play KSP nearly as often as i did back when i started playing it, and my progress had stagnated massively. I never play anything other than career mode now and i usually quit after i landed on the Mun. But it seems that time is over! I'm gonna push forward!

This is my 1.1 game, which transitioned up to 1.1.3, but was abandoned because it used USI mods(Life Support and Kolonization) which had an over-haul for 1.2

Tech tier (Starting tech is tier 0): 100% of community tech tree + > 30K unspent science

Last milestone -

BUILT SPACE STATION WITH MASS GREATER THAN 30T (more than that just in fuel...)

ACHIEVED INTERPLANETARY TRAVEL(Scansats and automated fuel stations: Bop, Gilly, Ike, Moho, en-route to Eeloo)

ACHIEVED MANNED INTERPLANETARY TRAVEL, RETURNED HOME(Duna/Ike, Gilly, Val/Pol/Bop[orbiting Duna with full tanks, waiting for window to Kerbin when 1.2 dropped])

INTERPLANETARY SPACE STATION(interplanetary craft had Life support and > 30t just in fuel)

INTERPLANETARY BASE(interplanetary craft also landed and had ISRU)

INTERSTELLAR ARK (How many Kerbals does this require?  Bonus points for Life support?)

Funds: > 30M 

I cannot remember specifics currently, but my existing career save is a few years in, and I'm currently in the process of sending a pretty huge interplanetary transport to Mios, with 6 kerbals, a reusable landing vehicle (for 6 kerbals), and the first 4 modules of a permanent station.

EVERYONE ELSE:

- Unlocked more than half of the Tech Tree

- Roughly a million funds

- 10 Reputation points

- Landed on the Mun, Minimus, Duna, Eve and I am making plans to fly to Jool

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me:

- Unlocked everything up to the 2.5 meter parts

- a fragile pool of 10,000 funds that will completely collapse if I launch one rocket

- some reputation

- Managed a sub-orbital orbit, getting into orbit, getting stuck in orbit, rescuing Jebediah stranded in orbit, flying by the Mun, and orbiting the Mun with JUST enough fuel to get back to Kerbin.

- Haven't touched my career save since KSP 1.1

I've gotten as far as "interplanetary space station." At that point though I've always maxed out my tech tree -- or close to -- and restarted.

I'm now playing a career where I decided not to use labs so that wouldn't happen and I'm liking it a lot more. I just did a return trip to Duna and there's a good bit of tech tree left: I got enough science from that to switch to spaceplanes, so my next stop is a grand tour of Jool. I want to fly a plane to Laythe for that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.