Problems Reacquiring Control after Comm's Blackout

I encountered an issue with a probe last night, wondering if anyone else has experienced it. I haven't played around yet to understand how repeatable the issue is.

I had a probe on a fly-by of Mun, where it lost comms on the back side of the Mun. I time warped past this, and when comms came back, I stll had no control over the probe. (Comm's showed full signal, etc). Returning to tracking station, and reloading the craft fixed the problem.

I encountered this again when trying to land the probe, time warping through the entering Atmo I passed through a ground station comm blackout spot, once in the atmo I had no control again, and the game wouldn't let me return to tracking station (without reverting to last save), and the probe crashed.

Anyone else experienced this? Is this a known bug with the new comm system? My install is mostly stock (KER, Automated Science Sampler, Better Burn Time, MM (no scripts))

Loss of signal and reacquisition of control was tested hundreds/thousands of times during beta. There were a few bugs having to do with very special cases, and those were fixed. But a simple signal loss followed by a dead probe is something we would have noticed, and we never did. So, despite your short list of innocuous-looking mods, I'm still going to have to bet that your problem is caused by one of your mods.

so the probe didn't have signal or it wouldn't respond to inputs?

I've had a couple of occasions before 1.2 when craft wouldn't respond to inputs, I think both crewed and uncrewed. Bouncing through the tracking center  was enough to get control back. But I haven't seen it frequently or know what causes it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.