[1.3.x-1.5.x] KerbalX Mod - upload to KerbalX direct from KSP

katateochi

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2017 at 4:12 AM, katateochi said:

The mod is definitely active, but I (still) haven't gotten around to putting it on CKAN, something I really need to do!  Just grab it from here https://kerbalx.com/mod and unpack the zip into your GameData folder.  (The thing on CKAN is the KerbalX PartMapper tool, which someone else put onto CKAN and now there's a name conflict which I need to sort out).  

Maybe is better to report this from CKAN (is installing an exe file, and I dont wanna test this file for any trouble) and cant be deinstalled.

• 4 months later...
On 8/8/2017 at 6:43 AM, SpaceBadger007 said:

will this work in 1.3?

I just tested it (got a few downloads, tried all buttons and windows, uploaded a craft)... I got no errors and all seems to work as expected.

It probably does not have localized texts though if you use KSP in something other than English.

@katateochi While testing, I think I may have found a tiny bug/nuisance of the KerbalX Mod:

Normally, once you have logged in with the mod once it will store the KerbaX.key and use that information to log in automatically next time the game is started. However, when switching back and forth between KSP versions 1.2.2 and 1.3.0, it forgets its cached credential information and forces me to login again at first game load. This only happens the first time after starting the different version:

• start 1.2.2 - KX Mod asks to log in
  • start 1.2.2 - KX Mod uses cached info
  • start 1.2.2 - KX Mod uses cached info
  • start 1.3.0 - KX mod asks to log in (!)
  • start 1.3.0 - KX Mod uses cached info
  • start 1.2.2 - KX Mod asks to log in (!)

It seems as if having logged in with one version immediately invalidates the cached credentials of the other.

It's not a big issue, I only noticed it due to working on two projects that required me to use different KSP versions, which I don't really expect to happen all that much. But I figured I'd mention it to you, in case it was some easy fix.

• 2 months later...
On 13/08/2017 at 7:40 PM, swjr-swis said:

It's not a big issue, I only noticed it due to working on two projects that required me to use different KSP versions, which I don't really expect to happen all that much. But I figured I'd mention it to you, in case it was some easy fix.

oh, I totally missed the notification for your post. So sorry this answer is way late.
The easy solution is to first login in one instance, that will create a KerbalX.key file in the root dir of that instance. Then just copy that file into your other installs.  The file contains an API authentication token (kinda like a cookie to persist your login), and it gets reset each time you login manually with the mod, but if you just login once and then copy that file around to the installs you want then it will use that to login automatically. 

41 minutes ago, Thorn_Ike said:

Um...
Where is 'KX' in Settings?
I run 1.3.1

There aren't any ingame settings for the KerbalX Mod.  You should get a login window on the main menu screens and then in game it should appear in the toolbar when at the space center and in the editors. The main setting for the mod is whether or not to enable the deferred download feature but that's controlled from your settings on KerbalX 
Was there a specific option you were looking for?

1 minute ago, katateochi said:

oh, I totally missed the notification for your post. So sorry this answer is way late.
The easy solution is to first login in one instance, that will create a KerbalX.key file in the root dir of that instance. Then just copy that file into your other installs.  The file contains an API authentication token (kinda like a cookie to persist your login), and it gets reset each time you login manually with the mod, but if you just login once and then copy that file around to the installs you want then it will use that to login automatically. 

There aren't any ingame settings for the KerbalX Mod.  You should get a login window on the main menu screens and then in game it should appear in the toolbar when at the space center and in the editors. The main setting for the mod is whether or not to enable the deferred download feature but that's controlled from your settings on KerbalX 
Was there a specific option you were looking for?

Ah. Found it. 

But KX mod downlowading doesn't work.

2 minutes ago, Thorn_Ike said:

But KX mod downlowading doesn't work.

Can you give me more details? Are you trying to download one of your own craft or someone elses? describe what you're trying to do and what's not working and I'll be able to help more. 

Can you give me more details? Are you trying to download one of your own craft or someone elses? describe what you're trying to do and what's not working and I'll be able to help more. 

I'm trying to download someone else's craft, and have deferred downlowads on, but it doesn't appear in my queue.

1. I download craft
  2. I check my queue in KSP
  3. :(

1 minute ago, Thorn_Ike said:

I'm trying to download someone else's craft, and have deferred downlowads on, but it doesn't appear in my queue.

1. I download craft
  2. I check my queue in KSP
  3. :(

First double check the craft is in your downloads queue on the site. Go to your hangars (in your case https://kerbalx.com/Thorn_Ike/hangars) and look for the hangar called Download Queue and check that it has a craft in it. If not then go to the craft you want and click download again, that should add it to that queue hangar.
Then in game in the space center there should be a banner that appears at the top to say you've got something to download. If not then click on the mod icon in the toolbar. On the download queue section there is a checkbox that says "only show KSP 1.3.1 craft" (or whatever version of KSP you are using).  If the craft was made in a different version of KSP then you need to uncheck that checkbox.  Hopefully it will appear.  If not then post a link to the craft you're trying to download and I'll see if I get the same problem.

11 minutes ago, katateochi said:

First double check the craft is in your downloads queue on the site. Go to your hangars (in your case https://kerbalx.com/Thorn_Ike/hangars) and look for the hangar called Download Queue and check that it has a craft in it. If not then go to the craft you want and click download again, that should add it to that queue hangar.
Then in game in the space center there should be a banner that appears at the top to say you've got something to download. If not then click on the mod icon in the toolbar. On the download queue section there is a checkbox that says "only show KSP 1.3.1 craft" (or whatever version of KSP you are using).  If the craft was made in a different version of KSP then you need to uncheck that checkbox.  Hopefully it will appear.  If not then post a link to the craft you're trying to download and I'll see if I get the same problem.

Yay it worked!

Wait...

HOW DO YOU KNOW MY KERBALX USERNAME

5 minutes ago, Thorn_Ike said:

Yay it worked!

yay, nice!

3 minutes ago, Thorn_Ike said:

HOW DO YOU KNOW MY KERBALX USERNAME

my great powers of deduction!! :wink: ....it's the same as your name here....unless there are two Thorn_Ike's in the KSP world, but I reckoned it was a safe bet. (and you can search for KerbalX users if you go to https://KerbalX.com/users)

4 hours ago, DunnoAnyThing said:

Thought that KerbalX would be a good place to 'backup' crafts, but it turned out that all the crafts would be shown to everyone. Beside good ones(which are worthy of uploading), what alternative would there be?

KerbalX is primarily about sharing content with the community. I have considered adding private craft which could be used as a backup facility, but and adding a backup facility would increase the load on the site.  KerbalX is a free service (that survives on donations from users).  By sharing craft with everyone you're putting content into the community. Backups don't put anything into the community so the cost of adding that can't really be carried by the donations from users who are supporting the open sharing nature of the site. 

I am considering adding a backup feature, but as a subscription based service which will cost a small amount to use. But that's not been a high priority so far. In the meanwhile I'd suggest using googledrive or dropbox as a backup facility. 

KerbalX is primarily about sharing content with the community. I have considered adding private craft which could be used as a backup facility, but and adding a backup facility would increase the load on the site.  KerbalX is a free service (that survives on donations from users).  By sharing craft with everyone you're putting content into the community. Backups don't put anything into the community so the cost of adding that can't really be carried by the donations from users who are supporting the open sharing nature of the site. 

I am considering adding a backup feature, but as a subscription based service which will cost a small amount to use. But that's not been a high priority so far. In the meanwhile I'd suggest using googledrive or dropbox as a backup facility. 

Thanks for your advice!(And since I'm a noob, I'll have to WORK HARDER to make good-enough things :) Will some day subscribe when that backup feature comes up!)

Small update (0.1.3)
rebuild against KSP 1.3.1
fix for downloading craft that have non-OS friendly chars in their names. This was preventing the mod from downloading some craft, but that should be sorted now.
added a settings.cfg which allows you to change where the KX mod save and loads pictures to/from.
some minor UI tweaks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2017 at 5:08 PM, katateochi said:

yay, nice!

my great powers of deduction!! :wink: ....it's the same as your name here....unless there are two Thorn_Ike's in the KSP world, but I reckoned it was a safe bet. (and you can search for KerbalX users if you go to https://KerbalX.com/users)

New Question:

It tells me I need to update it

I downloaded the new one from kerbalx.com

Is that one updated?

6 hours ago, Thorn_Ike said:

New Question:

It tells me I need to update it

I downloaded the new one from kerbalx.com

Is that one updated?

yes that's that latest version (0.1.3). Completely remove the existing KerbalX folder in your GameData folder and unpack the new one from the zip into GameData.  

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, katateochi said:

that...that was intentional. Not very funny, I know, but I couldn't resist. :)

Ok.

Are you aware of an incompatibility between KerbalX mod and the Loading Screen Manager?

The errors in the lgo are coming from KerbalX, but it's messing with the Loading Screen manager window as well.

Clean install, put both KerbalX and LoadingScreenManager on, start the game, click the toolbar button in the upper right, and then click a button in the LSM window

[EXC 14:28:05.515] ArgumentException: Getting control 1's position in a group with only 1 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
	UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext ()
	UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
	KerbalX.KerbalXWindowExtension.section (KerbalX.Content content)
	KerbalX.KerbalXLoginInterface.WindowContent (Int32 win_id)
	KerbalX.KerbalXWindow.DrawWindow (Int32 window_id)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

I would also suggest that you not have the userid/password window until the first time someone tries to access the KerbalX mod

Edited by linuxgurugamer

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you aware of an incompatibility between KerbalX mod and the Loading Screen Manager?

No I was not aware of that. Thanks for pointing that out I'll have a look into it. Do you have any idea what the issue is? Something to do with window ids?

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I would also suggest that you not have the userid/password window until the first time someone tries to access the KerbalX mod

The user needs to be logged in before they reach the space center view in order to get the most out of the deferred downloads feature. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.