[1.3.x-1.5.x] KerbalX Mod - upload to KerbalX direct from KSP

katateochi

1 hour ago, katateochi said:

No I was not aware of that. Thanks for pointing that out I'll have a look into it. Do you have any idea what the issue is? Something to do with window ids?

Looks like it.

I would suggest that you NOT use a fixed number for the window id.  After looking at the code, the mod starts with a windowid of 0, and increments it for each new window.

It would be better to select a random number as a starting point.

Turns out that LSM is using a static window id of 1 on one window, which I'm going to fix, but the KerbalX mod should be fixed as well

FYI, what I'm using in the fix is"

windowid = GetInstanceID() + 1;

so you could use the instanceid as the starting number

Edited by linuxgurugamer

51 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

so you could use the instanceid as the starting number

ah cool.  What does GetInstanceID do? (docs are not very forthcoming!).  
When looking at it (in another mod I'm working on) I get a 6 digit negative number.  Would it be best to wrap it in Math.Abs()? or is a neg value ok for window id?

Just now, katateochi said:

ah cool.  What does GetInstanceID do? (docs are not very forthcoming!).  
When looking at it (in another mod I'm working on) I get a 6 digit negative number.  Would it be best to wrap it in Math.Abs()? or is a neg value ok for window id?

negative number is ok, it's just an internal id

1 hour ago, gamrguy227 said:

Hi. Big fan of the website and mod but i just received an error when i booted up the game. Not sure if its in 64bit only but annoyed for it poping up.

it says

Unknown Error!!

{:message=>"unexpected pumpkin"}

no idea what it means.

You really should only get that error message if the mod doesn't include the required identification headers in the request. Which (if you're using the official mod) should never happen. 
I know it's not a helpful error, but it's only intended to be served to someone/thing trying to access the API with something other than the mod, so it's intentionally unhelpful.
Assuming you are using the official mod, I would try uninstalling it and reinstalling (grab the latest version if you weren't already using that).  
Has it been working fine before?  

On 15/12/2017 at 11:32 AM, katateochi said:

You really should only get that error message if the mod doesn't include the required identification headers in the request. Which (if you're using the official mod) should never happen. 
I know it's not a helpful error, but it's only intended to be served to someone/thing trying to access the API with something other than the mod, so it's intentionally unhelpful.
Assuming you are using the official mod, I would try uninstalling it and reinstalling (grab the latest version if you weren't already using that).  
Has it been working fine before?  

Just reinstalled the newest version as i was using version 0.1.2 of the mod. it works like butter with no errors! Thanks and have a great day :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/04/2018 at 5:00 AM, selfish_meme said:

@katateochi did you ever consider moving updated craft to the top of the default page? Asking for a friend......:D

I did think about this, pondered it for some time and in the end I felt that it would make it too easy for someone to 'bump' their craft and keep it on the front page, just by simply re-saving it (or making a tiny insignificant change), and updating it. So in the end I went with the default sort being by 'created at' date rather than 'updated at'.  You (or your friend) can change the sort order to be by 'updated at' date (click the + symbol next to 'invert' to show more sort options), which lets you see recently posted and updated craft, but that obviously won't put your friend's craft at the top of the page for other people. 

15 hours ago, katateochi said:

I did think about this, pondered it for some time and in the end I felt that it would make it too easy for someone to 'bump' their craft and keep it on the front page, just by simply re-saving it (or making a tiny insignificant change), and updating it. So in the end I went with the default sort being by 'created at' date rather than 'updated at'.  You (or your friend) can change the sort order to be by 'updated at' date (click the + symbol next to 'invert' to show more sort options), which lets you see recently posted and updated craft, but that obviously won't put your friend's craft at the top of the page for other people. 

I sympathise, what about for people who have the craft in their hangars, do you get notified of updates? (only asking because I don't have any hangars)

On 16/04/2018 at 4:02 AM, selfish_meme said:

I sympathise, what about for people who have the craft in their hangars, do you get notified of updates? (only asking because I don't have any hangars)

idk, asking me questions I should know the answer too without having to lookup the code!.....hang on......

ok, you get notified if someone adds a craft to one of your 'open' hangars, if one of your craft is added to a public hangar or if a craft is added to a hangar you follow, but there aren't any notifications about craft in hangars being updated.  But, if you follow a certain user, then you will get notified when they add or update a craft.

I'll see about adding a notification to followers of a hangar when a craft in that hangar is updated.

Edited by katateochi

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.