Many, many corrupt saves (1.2)

I'm having serious problems with saves corrupting. Mods are just KER, Docking Port and KAC. I had this problem before I installed them though. I get to a dangerous part of a mission, alt F5 to save, and then when I crash my ship and want to reload, there are no choices for games to load because one in the list is corrupt, which means you can't even choose the good saves that aren't corrupt. One workaround is to change the name of the quicksave you want to persistent.sfs, but that gets overwritten quickly so you lose that one.

It's hard to tell, but I think the problem happens when you crash your ship, and try to load a game before the actual crash report comes up. I think it saves the game there and if you press load it aborts corrupting the file. That's a wild guess!

The whole system shouldn't fail just because one save is corrupt. This is frustrating.

I'm not sure I totally understand what is going on on your side. When you mean a save is corrupted, do you mean you can't load it anymore? When you say that you can still load the quicksave before it gets renamed to persistent, do you mean your quicksave is not corrupted and gets so as soon as you load it?

Here's what happens. I'm about to land on whatever. I usually botch this, so I an alt F5 quicksave, which brings up a window defaulting to quicksave #xx whatever number of quicksaves you have. The game saves.

Then I proceed to land, and start pressing the wrong buttons and crash my ship. I hit escape to bring up the menu, try to load my last quicksave but the load game screen is blank! There are no save files to choose.

If I go to the KSC after crashing and exit the game, The persistent.sfs fixes itself so I can start the game again but I still can't load my quicksaves, presumably because one is corrupt, but I have about 20, and I can't tell from looking at them which of the saves is corrupt.

EDIT: I found in another post from a dev that if one save is corrupt, the list gives up and appears blank.

Also, I have several times been able to eliminate the corrupt file by guessing, but I keep getting new corrupt files, and every time it risks all of my career progress as I try to fiddle with the save system manually.

Edited by cephalo

• 2 weeks later...

Same happen to me yesterday , now i cant reload any save and even if i create clean save after i quit the game and try to load save list is empty.

I reinstaled the game and delete all mods - still the same :/

Edited by gary85

This started happening to me a long time ago, since my save is from 1.0. I can't see any saves in load game windows (alt+F9 nor in KSC), but I keep saving anyway, because persistent file still seems to work in main menu, in case of any crash or failure I just rename my last quicksave, and tadaam, world recovered. BUT, I'm limited to last quicksave in game anyway, which is bad.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.