Party on the Mun! How many Kerbals will you land?

So after someone showed a pic with 16 Kerbals on the Mun, I just had to waste an hour landing Kerbals on the Mun. The results are shown below:

AnBOV.png

I present to you, the challenge to party on the Mun!

- Stock parts only!

- Land as many Kerbals as you can, EVA, and bring them all together for a party.

- Bonus points for Kerbals doing weird stuff while hanging out, or for having something random in the background (like a flying outhouse).

So, my entry has 18 Kerbals. COME ON! BEAT ME! :D BEAT ME!!!

The standing with their points:

- 'Rubber Ducky' (from another forum) with 30 Kerbals

- BillWiskins with 19 Kerbals

- Me with 18 Kerbals

- Happy3 with 15 Kerbals

- AncientAstronaut with 9 Kerbals

(Questionably) Honorable mentions:

- darkwolfpaw54 has a ridiculous claim with no proof of 100 Kerbals

Edited by Guard13007

• 4 weeks later...
ive landed 100 on the mun and minus 100 ech:sticktongue:

Wow Darkwolfpaw54, you must have had an awful lot of lag with that many Kerbals, on the Mun and on Minmus, I don't think I have seen a computer that could handle that outside of a government facility :)

Whats a posscer?

Also, OP should update the post, I see two entrys they havent added.

Oh hey, I thought this thing was dead. I only happened across it while starting a new thread. xD *goes off to updating*

EDIT: And updated, also contains a special new category. xD

Edited by Guard13007

Oh hey, I got on a leaderboard. Splendid! I have an update, if such things are allowed.

7zrws.png

There are 19 there now, but that will be the limit. Certainly in terms of landing ships in that spot, which for me is the meat of this challenge. With so many ships there, the lag has become so bad that any kind of manoeuvre is pretty much impossible. Example: I wanted to move the latest lander a little closer to the others, so I lightly tapped the throttle up. A number of seconds later, the screen updated and my lander was about 20 meters up, throttle all the way up to 40/50%, and (significantly) upside-down. How it came down feet-first and without causing a terrible disaster I don't know, but it did, and I left it there.

I count 18, but I'll trust you on this one. (It does kinda look like there might be a Kerbal hiding behind the one on the far left.)

Posted updated, now for me to go land a ton of Kerbals on the Mun because I CANNOT BE BEAT (for much longer)!!!

Also, why leave the ships clustered? After they're empty, fly them a short distance away so as to reduce lag in the landing site.

I like the way it looks... also, tried flying an empty ship recently? :)

Having said that, there is now a growing temptation to do a few more missions. Maybe make a new landing site nearby, EVA on over to join the others...

Guard13007, thanks. There are 19 - there were 16, and then I landed another three-man capsule. Sorry for the unclear image. Will supply a better one next time...

Edited by BillWiskins

Landing one is a lot harder than landing three:

That's a lot of rocket for one little guy! I guess I've been playing longer than you have - one-man landers were all we had, back in the day... I found the transition to massive three-man things quite challenging to begin with. Seemed like you had a pretty solid landing there, though - what was scary about it? Those chunky landing legs can take more punishment than you'd think.

So, I managed to land 14 3-kerbal landers on the mun. I started taking them out when one of the kerbals fell over and started glitching. Next thing I know, half my landers are now on an escape course from kerbin. I have no idea how that happened, but Ill be posting my entry once I fix it.

That's a lot of rocket for one little guy! I guess I've been playing longer than you have - one-man landers were all we had, back in the day... I found the transition to massive three-man things quite challenging to begin with. Seemed like you had a pretty solid landing there, though - what was scary about it? Those chunky landing legs can take more punishment than you'd think.

Well, I wanted to make he got there. xD I played back when we had to use winglets for landing legs. I almost made it too, but started to tip over and had to abort the mission way back then. As for the transition, I found it much easier all the sudden. What was scary about it was the low-powered engine. I am used to having so much power I can drop like a rock before going full burn the last second.

So, I managed to land 14 3-kerbal landers on the mun. I started taking them out when one of the kerbals fell over and started glitching. Next thing I know, half my landers are now on an escape course from kerbin. I have no idea how that happened, but Ill be posting my entry once I fix it.

I've heard of this happening before (think I saw it on a KSP YouTube video once). Good luck/have fun redoing all your landings.

Here is my submission, so I have landed 15 kerbals. I am planing to land more later so I will post an update.

screenshot23.png?attachauth=ANoY7cqcG_jxxADOqKbBSyPCoXhF6aAAiKQ99wPLEdgj7vZSFkWCBAWmoOJ6gL30B6MOSjdXhF7aUr0yPZPu7b49-jCqv4dUF-DgBe45Qa3AmGmYg-F3oKS_X7_hLoWxU06J-thg2SjG-sqHo39HXrskJpro5uu9b_6c1Uq_4Ew08rOebvLKFquB_llSQyaHq_jI1QkV0E_g-W_TT5xcbPRlIP616Pji9uUWddfGspUNN3DF0gJtjG4%3D&attredirects=0

(If you cant see the image go to "https://sites.google.com/site/happy3images/muen-party")

Lol, that's an awesome picture, it really does look like they've been partying too hard. I only count 13 Kerbals, but I see the number of 3-Kerbal capsules so you have been added to the scoreboard with 15.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.