KSP Weekly: The new Devnotes

SQUAD

NathanKell replied that the reason it has never been fixed is that it would basically require KER being made stock

I don't agree there. I don't use KER or MJ, simply a mod ("Better Burn Time" that calculates very accurately the burn-time for the current stage. When it "realizes" that your burn will exceed the available Dv on that stage, it displays "~" before the value, meaning it becomes inaccurate from there.

And that's enough in most situations. If you design your rockets and flight plans properly, you don't have to stage in the middle of a maneuver. Also, it calculates time to impact in a suborbital trajectory, and time to closest approach in rendez-vous situations.

Let's face it, the default indicator is almost useless, so the "Better Burn Time" approach is an enormous improvement.

15 hours ago, [The]KLARKEN said:

Hey, SQUAD! I'm not sure if you'll see this, but, hey, it's always worth a shot and there's no hard feelings if you don't. It's a busy world out there. 

Anyways, I was just wondering if there was any news regarding the progress of the part revamp since Porkjet has gone on to follow his Porkjet destiny? I've done some searching for a couple hours, but haven't found too much. I love the new--gorgeous--parts, and seriously don't mind putting off my first career playthrough for a few months to wait. :wink: 

(Seriously. I held off on Witcher 3 for 6 months waiting for one, just ONE particular mod to come out. That's how much I love the mods. I'm addicted to the mods. The mods are my friends. They pat my back and stir my cocoa when I'm sad, and we go out together to have slushies in the sunset.)

That said, I understand if you can't give much. I'm just as excited as the next guy and would love to hear more about what you have to say! :D :D:D

Forgive me if you know this already, but if you read this thread:

You'll find 1) a link to the parts pack  and 2) a module manager cfg that is super easy to install that hides all "Old" stock parts, so you don't have two copies of each part (one old, one new). 

Your sentence could be interpreted as "any progress on the final, official release" OR "any progress on the parts since the overhaul was partially released" so I figured I'd be safe and drop a link.  

If not disregard. 

Wheee!

Edited by OddFunction

On 10/21/2016 at 2:42 PM, SQUAD said:

For example, we will export KSPTV highlights to our YouTube channel; there is a great deal of fantastic content being made by the talented streamers that are part of KSPTV and we want to help them share it. We hope you enjoy those highlights and do not worry, we will continue to share trailers, teasers and shorts in that channel whenever we produce them.

I think uploading KSPTV highlights on YouTube is a good idea, but it should be on another channel. I would think most of the people subscribed to the current YouTube channel are there just for teasers and trailers, as that's all that has been there in the past. So, posting something a majority of the subscribers don't want is just a good way to get people annoyed, and possibly unsubscribe, missing out on game update information.

Plus, the feel of the content is very different: trailers are polished with clear narratives, while livestreams are often more spontaneous and loosely directed. This is by no means a bad thing, but the two should be separate.

Edited by Weegee
I accidentally a word. Twice.

8 hours ago, OddFunction said:

Forgive me if you know this already, but if you read this thread:

You'll find 1) a link to the parts pack  and 2) a module manager cfg that is super easy to install that hides all "Old" stock parts, so you don't have two copies of each part (one old, one new). 

Your sentence could be interpreted as "any progress on the final, official release" OR "any progress on the parts since the overhaul was partially released" so I figured I'd be safe and drop a link.  

If not disregard. 

Wheee!

I did indeed already install the parts, but I very much appreciate your guide! I'm really hoping we'll get info on the final release.

Anyways, thanks!! I'm sure others will benefit from your post.

Edited by [The]KLARKEN

15 hours ago, [The]KLARKEN said:

I did indeed already install the parts, but I very much appreciate your guide! I'm really hoping we'll get info on the final release.

Anyways, thanks!! I'm sure others will benefit from your post.

Soon™ 

(we hope)

Edited by OddFunction
added truth in parenthesis

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding localizations, I would recommend using the Steam Translation Server http://translation.steampowered.com/home.php

There are already teams for a lot of languages, translating games and Steam in general.

As a moderator of the Romanian translation team, I would gladly help out to bring the game to my fellow Romanians in their native tongue.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.