Jump to content

KSP Weekly: The new Devnotes


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, EliasDanger said:

I never complained, only expressed passion for procuring one. I may purchase one, but I must first have a lengthy internal debate on the use of the funds necessary for the acquisition of said Jeb Plushie. It'll go something like this:

"JEB PLUSHIE! BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!"

"You're going to give 15 dollars for a stuffed toy. Think about the starving children out there!"

"SHUT UP! I WANT A PLUSHIE!"

and so on...

If you think of it as $1.25/month for a year it's not much money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SQUAD said:

This week, there has been also a lot of work on localizing the game: we’ve been reviewing the overall solution for localization while making sure that we will be able to support mod localization. During this localization process, some of our devs had to learn in depth the insides of the KSPedia to come up with a solution for its localization. We still can’t announce which languages we will include, though, but we would definitely love to hear your opinion.

Hello KSPWEEKLY, devs and new talents. I appreciate your continuous support. 1.2 seems more stable and lighter in action.
But I have been regretting that many fonts were disappeared. I can't understand why devs abandoned lots of fonts at 1.2, although it already could deal in MOD-localization at 1.1.3.
Anyway I expect KSP to recover many fonts, including our language.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Is every post from Sqaud now starting to be a witchhunt where every single sentence they say is used right after the motto: "everything you say can and will be held against you"?

Did it occur to anyone that maybe some of the devs are having a time out(holiday) after the stressfull release of 1.2.? There is not much to report then. And yes, the console version is not in a good shape, but remember that the conversion/development of it is contracted to a Flying Tiger. When there aren't any news from them how can they report about it?

I really fear that all this hate and agression against the devs will at one point discourage them to continue working. And that is not what we want for KSP right?

So thank you @SQUAD for the update and keep up the good work. The news about the new devs coming are great and i'm curious to get to know them. 

 

 

Edited by Nils277
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EBOSHI said:

Hello KSPWEEKLY, devs and new talents. I appreciate your continuous support. 1.2 seems more stable and lighter in action.
But I have been regretting that many fonts were disappeared. I can't understand why devs abandoned lots of fonts at 1.2, although it already could deal in MOD-localization at 1.1.3.
Anyway I expect KSP to recover many fonts, including our language.

uh ? I added most of Japanese in the font. If you need more send me a PM with what is missing and I ll see if I can do a mod.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SQUAD said:

This week, there has been also a lot of work on localizing the game: we’ve been reviewing the overall solution for localization while making sure that we will be able to support mod localization. During this localization process, some of our devs had to learn in depth the insides of the KSPedia to come up with a solution for its localization. We still can’t announce which languages we will include, though, but we would definitely love to hear your opinion.

Ooh! Could this mean I can finally use the Norwegian letters Æ(æ), Ø(ø) and Å(å) in my craft descriptions without them being deleted when I load the craft? For instance, the phrase: "Første fartøy til å unnslippe atmosfæren" ("first vessel to escape the atmosphere") became "Frste farty til  unnslippe atmosfren" when I next loaded the craft. I've had to use some contrived wording to avoid using those letters until now. Or I should just write my craft descriptions in English, I guess...

Edited by Codraroll
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sarbian said:

uh ? I added most of Japanese in the font. If you need more send me a PM with what is missing and I ll see if I can do a mod.

I think there is something that we miss with each other.
On Bug-Trucker, certainly, you added KANJI fonts (learned in elementary school). that is welcome and thank you. then I unmistakably posted reply that we need more fonts.
I can not confirm it now, because of disconnecting to Bug-Trucker "502 Bad Gateway".

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EliasDanger said:

$15? I'd rather win/earn/just be given one.

I'm sorry you have such little disposable income.  Keep plugging away and one day you'll find a decent job.

1 hour ago, Codraroll said:

Ooh! Could this mean I can finally use the Norwegian letters Æ(æ), Ø(ø) and Å(å) in my craft descriptions without them being deleted when I load the craft? For instance, the phrase: "Første fartøy til å unnslippe atmosfæren" ("first vessel to escape the atmosphere") became "Frste farty til  unnslippe atmosfren" when I next loaded the craft. I've had to use some contrived wording to avoid using those letters until now. Or I should just write my craft descriptions in English, I guess...

I think you should keep the new names.   They could be very entertaining. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nils277 said:

 Is every post from Sqaud now starting to be a witchhunt where every single sentence they say is used right after the motto: "everything you say can and will be held against you"?

Did it occur to anyone that maybe some of the devs are having a time out(holiday) after the stressfull release of 1.2.? There is not much to report then. And yes, the console version is not in a good shape, but remember that the conversion/development of it is contracted to a Flying Tiger. When there aren't any news from them how can they report about it?

I really fear that all this hate and agression against the devs will at one point discourage them to continue working. And that is not what we want for KSP right?

So thank you @SQUAD for the update and keep up the good work. The news about the new devs coming are great and i'm curious to get to know them. 

 

 

The console port has been broken since launch.  Are you really surprised there are angry people?  I prefer snark over anger,  but some of their complaints are justified. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gaarst said:

Nice to see that this is still in the works.

Also, a lot of people have already said it, but there is a big international community here that would be happy to help translating the game in their own languages.

As for the languages, everyone is eventually going to ask for his language to be included, so...

There are already mods that translate the game into French, German, and Russian...

Edited by OrbitalBuzzsaw
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

There are already mods that translate the game into French, German, and Russian...

Which are all for 1.0.2 (except for Russian I think). I was involved in those so I know that the Languages Patches project was abandonned then, only a few people have continued patches individually.

Even then, most mods are buggy and some official support would be appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EBOSHI said:

I think there is something that we miss with each other.
On Bug-Trucker, certainly, you added KANJI fonts (learned in elementary school). that is welcome and thank you. then I unmistakably posted reply that we need more fonts.
I can not confirm it now, because of disconnecting to Bug-Trucker "502 Bad Gateway".

The localisation work mentioned in the devnotes will likely bring more fonts.  For Japanese, I took a quick peek and I see Hiragana, Katakana and (some) Kanji.  What exactly is missing - are you just looking for a wider range of Kanji?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, nightingale said:

The localisation work mentioned in the devnotes will likely bring more fonts.  For Japanese, I took a quick peek and I see Hiragana, Katakana and (some) Kanji.  What exactly is missing - are you just looking for a wider range of Kanji?

Yes, I think so. And I already keep in touch with Mr Sarbian now. and I'm preparing the list of Kanji that we need.
I know there is a problem memory. but one Kanji is not only a letter but also just like one English word. For instance, it can hardly imagine that KSP can't display "planet" and "orbit". however our mod can't show it in the present circumstances. 
That is why I hope more number of Kanji. I don't particularly want to trouble you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21.10.2016 at 11:42 PM, SQUAD said:
tumblr_inline_off2f9MPa81rr2wit_540.png

..., and the team has also been working on recompiling the Asteroid Day mission for 1.2, and we’ll have it ready for you all really soon.

Glad to have it back soon, it gives major content to the game!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, it would be cool to polish little things left unfinished in 1.2 like :

- Have different and meaningful MaxG / MaxQ values for each part (currently it is 50G and 4,000 kPa for all of them). It would really make the gaming experience better, and also having the same value for all parts screams "we had no time for this", which is very bad.
- Some contract companies still have no description. A detail maybe, but it has to be done anyway.

Those are really "low hanging fruits" as they say in software development (been there, done that...)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Aragosnat said:

So has anyone gotten the blue prints for the 3D pod blueprint to download or is it forever a broken link?

I got it, it was first posted elsewhere in the forums and that link works.

Just a word of advice, in case the term "3D blueprint" made you think of 3D printing, it's a foldable thing.

Edited by RocketSquid
Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...