Can't right click parts of my ship near the probe core without zooming to ridiculously close levels

Okay I've got a whole heap of mods. And I can't even imagine which one would be causing this...? Super weird issue.

The issue is that I literally cannot right click on parts near the probe core. It's like they don't exist, they don't highlight green when mousing over them, and they cannot be right clicked.

A seemingly small distance AWAY from the probe core, I can right click on things like normal. 

The even weirder part is that I CAN right click them if I zoom really really close. Like mere inches away from the parts or actually clipping the camera inside, I can right click them. But zooming even a few feet away, I can't click the parts close to the core any more.

Here's a series of 9 pictures where you can see two different examples, see things highlighted in green, but when the cursor is up near the probe core (3rd pic) or the communotron on top (4th pic), it won't highlight the parts (and I can't right click).

Pics 5-9 depict the same issue with a super basic craft. You can see as I move the cursor up there are no issues highlighting parts, but in the 8th pic the cursor is ON the probe core, and on the 9th pic the cursor is on the battery pack at the top. No highlighting, no ability to right click. what.

http://imgur.com/a/DF5SV

Mod list:

• KSP: 1.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
    Filter Extensions - 2.7.4
    Toolbar - 1.7.13
    USI Tools - 0.8.2
    AutomatedScreenshots - 0.7.6
    B9 Part Switch - 1.5.1
    Community Resource Pack - 0.6
    CryoEngines - 0.4.1
    DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.4
    Easy Vessel Switch - 1.1.1
    Firespitter - 7.4.1
    HeatControl - 0.3.3
    Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.2.5
    Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6
    KerbalAtomics - 0.3.1
    Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2
    Kerbal Inventory System - 1.3
    KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
    Monthly Budgets - 2.0.1
    Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.5
    NearFutureElectrical - 0.8
    NearFuturePropulsion - 0.8
    NearFutureSolar - 0.7
    Part Angle Display - 0.3.2.1
    PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
    Procedural Parts - 1.2.6
    RCS Build Aid - 0.9
    RealPlume - Stock - 0.11
    RemoteTech - 1.8
    SCANsat - 1.1.6.9
    SETI-ProbeParts - 1.2
    SETI-RebalanceMaterialsGoo - 1.0.9
    SpaceY Expanded - 1.3
    SpaceY Lifters - 1.15
    StageRecovery - 1.6.5
    Stock Visual Enhancements - 1.1.21
    TimeControl - 2.3
    Trajectories - 1.6.3
    Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8
    Transfer Window Planner - 1.6
    Unmanned before Manned - 1.2

There were two recent reports from the RealPlume thread describing this problem, you could try removing that first and see if it fixes the problem. As a workaround Part Commander can give you access to all your parts right-menu without having to click on the part itself.  

Aha!  I had this problem but its from hotrockets.  Its kindof weird because alot of the time i cant go on eva due to "something invisible" being in the way. Id have to turn my craft a bit in orbit then i could get out, highly annoying.

As soon as i removed hotrockets, the problem of not being able to click half the time disappeared.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.